Fall Feast Challenge

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Found this today - lots of yummy things in here for the bakers on this thread...

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/halloween-treats/pumpkin-cupcakes_2

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Super excited - went to the store last night and apparently they have finally realized it is October... they had Chobani Pumpkin Spice yogurt, and Lender's Pumpkin Bagels, and I got some Brown Sugar and Cinnamon cream cheese for those bagels...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Super excited - went to the store last night and apparently they have finally realized it is October... they had Chobani Pumpkin Spice yogurt, and Lender's Pumpkin Bagels, and I got some Brown Sugar and Cinnamon cream cheese for those bagels...

Can you believe that my store has nothing pumpkin anymore, it's moved on to the cranberry stuff! I was peeved to say the least.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Went to Panera Bread for lunch today. They had a Turkey Cranberry Flatbread, so I got it, because I mean, come on, lol. I took the Spinach off because I'm weird like that and it was 250 cals (280 cal with Spinach) and had some Baked Potato Soup. So yummy.

20141022_111445.jpg

Also had Pumpkin Oatmeal for breakfast.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried these yet but they look awesome:

0e4fca84-b7c7-4dee-8cf6-676a0b267f6d_zpsed71367b.jpg

The aptly named Crumbly Coffee Cake Muffin.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Crumbly Coffee Cake Muffin looks incredible!

I had a single Caramel Apple Oreo after cardio because they were sitting out on the kitchen counter. Sweetness bomb! Way too sweet for me, but if you have a sweet tooth, these may be the cure for what ails you. 70 cals for a single cookie though!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That looks really good Amber

Yesterday I went on a cooking and baking spree. Dinner was turkey, brie & homemade cranberry chutney sandwiches. Then for treats:

Cranberry Orange muffins with pecan topping
    1gdsfpm7dt0i.jpg

Apple Pie with a pecan cranberry crumble on top
    Before it was baked:
    4r3fmnppn5kp.jpg
    After:
    ws9wv44pm75v.jpg

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Those look great, Jen!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Thanks they came out really good, I overfilled the pie some so that was a fun mess to clean up in the oven.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    jwhited71 wrote: »
    Cinnamon ice cream!! Not even once.

I would give anything to be at that snackapalooza above. Oh man.

I was thinking about you when we were going through all of it, there were 4 different huge food areas, I tried to get pictures to show it all but they didn't come out well. I wanted to go back on Sunday just so I could try more stuff
    Oh man!!!!

What's the name of that event?

Cranberry Festival in Chatsworth, NJ ... it's this quiet little town normally and for 2 days every year it gets taken over. I'll let you know next Oct what weekend it is
    Damn I was hoping it was this weekend also, we would have gone. I guess I'll just have to go to the 3 floor ice cream parlor in Brooklyn.

Oh I want pictures of the ice cream parlor. Next year you and Dora can come for the festival and we can eat our way through :)

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Cinnamon ice cream!! Not even once.

I would give anything to be at that snackapalooza above. Oh man.

I was thinking about you when we were going through all of it, there were 4 different huge food areas, I tried to get pictures to show it all but they didn't come out well. I wanted to go back on Sunday just so I could try more stuff
    Oh man!!!!

What's the name of that event?

Cranberry Festival in Chatsworth, NJ ... it's this quiet little town normally and for 2 days every year it gets taken over. I'll let you know next Oct what weekend it is
    Damn I was hoping it was this weekend also, we would have gone. I guess I'll just have to go to the 3 floor ice cream parlor in Brooklyn.

Oh I want pictures of the ice cream parlor. Next year you and Dora can come for the festival and we can eat our way through :)
    Givemecoffee??? What the heck? Lol

Oh yeah I'm definitely going to chronicle it. I think we might be going Saturday, I haven't decided yet. Yeah we would come down there for sure.. We'd have a blast.

Yea decided it was finally time to kill my uncreative middle of the night username. This sums me up pretty damn well.

We'd definitely have a good time

• Francl27
    Options
    NOM at that crumble muffin and the other cranberry and apple goodies...

October 1 - apple cinnamon oatmeal
    October 2 - apple cinnamon oatmeal
    October 3 - pumpkin ricotta pancakes
    October 4 - apple cinnamon oatmeal, butternut squash soup
    October 5 - pumpkin spice cannoli French toast
    October 6 - pumpkin pie oatmeal
    October 7 - butternut squash soup
    October 8 - pumpkin ricotta 'pudding'
    October 9 - pumpkin cannoli French toast, Dannon apple pie Greek yogurt
    October 10 - pumpkin ricotta pancakes
    October 11 - apple cinnamon almond oatmeal
    October 12 - YoCrunch pumpkin pie yogurt, apple caramel crisp, roasted turkey and sweet potato fries
    October 13 - pumpkin spice cannoli French toast, Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle
    October 14 - Trader Joe's caramel pumpkin kringle, Trader Joe's iced pumpkin scone cookie, TJ pumpkin biscotti
    October 15 - TJ pumpkin biscotti, TJ pumkin waffles
    October 16 - pumpkin spice French toast, Tj pumpkin Greek yogurt
    October 17 - apple caramel cinnamon oatmeal, TJ pumpkin biscotti, TJ iced pumkin scone cookies
    October 18 - Talenti pumpkin pie
    October 19 - sweet potato fries
    October 20 - pumpkin oatmeal, 2 pumpkin spice M&Ms (ok), 2 candy corn M&Ms (really like those) , trader joe's mini pumpkin pie (love the buttery crust but not enough pumpkin taste and it just doesn't taste like a traditional pumpkin pie), way too many pumpkin biscotti and iced pumpkin scone cookies.
    October 21 - 3 candy corn M&Ms
    October 22 - pumpkin oatmeal, Dannon Oikos apple pie

October 23 - oatmeal pumpkin protein pancakes - YUM!

DSC_1837_zps31e6d5f5.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Everyone's baked goods look really good...

I'm happy to report it's my favorite day of the month - book club! I'm not hosting, and the girl who is doesn't cook, but she usually orders really good food and has a great bakery right by her house so I'm sure we will have some yummy desserts!

Also have friends coming in town this weekend and I am pretty much planning to visit as many cool restaurants as I can squeeze into 36 hours...
  • Francl27
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Everyone's baked goods look really good...

I'm happy to report it's my favorite day of the month - book club! I'm not hosting, and the girl who is doesn't cook, but she usually orders really good food and has a great bakery right by her house so I'm sure we will have some yummy desserts!

Also have friends coming in town this weekend and I am pretty much planning to visit as many cool restaurants as I can squeeze into 36 hours...

That sounds amazing and a week end that would make me gain 6 pounds.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Day 1: Pumpkin Spice Coffee mate Creamer
    Day 2: Pumpkin spice and toasted almond gelato
    Day 3: Reese's Miniatures
    Day 4: Pioneer Woman Halloween Bark
    Day 5: Dairy Queen Oreo Ice Cream Cake and more Halloween Bark
    Day 6: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake I also had a piece of pumpkin bread from the same bakery.
    Day 7: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake, Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee
    Day 8: Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee, 1/2 serving each pumpkin gelato and toasted almond gelato
    Day 9: Pumpkin spice Oreo and Caramel Corn (with my white wine - one of my favorite combinations!)
    Day 10: Cinnamon sugar doughnut holes with maple bacon whipped cream
    Day 11: Pumpkin Spice M&Ms and Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
    Day 12: pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee and caramel corn after dinner
    Day 13: Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Creamer
    Day 14: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, a Reese's Miniature
    Day 15: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Rolo's from the Halloween stash at work, Pumpkin and Toasted Almond Gelato
    Day 16: Pumpkin Spice Creamer and a S'Mores Shake from Steak n Shake (really yummy with big pieces of graham cracker and a marshmallow swirl)
    Day 17: Pumpkin Spice Creamer and a Pumpkin Spice Oreo after dinner (which was grilled cheese and meatball minestrone - very fall-ish)
    Day 18: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and some break and bake cookies: Halloween Chocolate Chip with Orange Morsels and Pumpkin Spice Cookies with white chips.
    Day 19: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Pumpkin Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts, Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
    Day 20: Pumpkin Spice Creamer, Pumpkin Spice Oreos
    Day 21: Candy from the Halloween stash, Pumpkin Spice Cookies
    Day 22: Chobani Pumpkin Spice Yogurt (not as good as the Noosa but half the calories and still pretty tasty), half a Chocolate Drop from our local bakery (cannot describe how good these are - like a Panera muffie, only lighter like yellow cake, and then with chocolate frosting on top), Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    Day 23: Turtle Cupcake Parfait (box lunch from a local cupcake place - they put about half a cupcake in a plastic cup, fill it as normal, top it with the frosting - you eat it with a spoon - genius).

A6F7F5E0-0ABE-434E-8D10-4C5EDED53922_zpsnns3shte.jpg

More to come later I'm sure as it is Book Club night!
  • Francl27
    Options
    *drool*
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    October 1 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut
    October 2 - Apple Crisp Cake Donut, Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    October 3 - Pumpkin Pie Fundae (Soft serve ice cream with a pumpkin puree and crumbled graham cracker)
    October 4 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Spice Oreo
    October 5 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Apple Crisp Cake Donut, Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 6 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 7 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 8 - Tastykake Pumpkin Pie, Apple Square
    October 9 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Apple Square & Sweet Potato Chili!
    October 10 - Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin, Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 11 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 12 - Turkey Hill Ice Cream Seasonal Favorite - Whoopie Pie
    October 13 - Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin, Turkey Hill Ice Cream Seasonal Favorite - Whoopie Pie
    October 14 - Pumpkin Noosa & Entenmann's Pumpkin Muffin
    October 15 - Wawa - The Gobbler
    October 16 - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
    October 17 - Jell-O Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
    October 18 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Herr's Candy Corn Coated Pretzel Pumpkins
    October 19 - Dannon Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
    October 20 - Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
    October 21 - Milky Way Caramel Apple Mini
    October 22 - Quaker Instant Oatmeal: Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice, Panera Bread Turkey Cranberry Flatbread
    October 23 - Pumpkin Pancakes
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 23: Crumbly Coffee Cake Muffin

It was damn good. Idk if I'll make it again because the calories are kinda high and I've got another good cinnamon muffin recipe I like better. But still, damn good.