How tall are you?

Options

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Great!!! :drinker: (water)

There is a group for tall women. :smile:

I am 5' 9". I loved heels but cease wearing since I put on so much of weight. But now with some lose I am rocking them back. My heels are easily 4". Now that actually put everyone else in odd situation. Well I am an Asian in an Asian country. Generally that makes me a giant.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    COOOOL Sri Lanka!! D

I can relate to the sentiment of feeling like a "giant" in an Asian land, because I am from Hawaii where the majority of people are either of mixed race ancestry of mostly Asian blood, or are 100% Asian. People are generally very short. I always felt like a stranger in my own land, too, because if you're tall and you 'stand out,' they automatically assume you are from the 'mainland,' or even another country, in my case.

I am 5'11", have been tall since I was about 5-6 years old (towered over everyone, including all the boys in my classes, until high school), and I love it!! I am a little bummed sometimes that I never made it to 6.' I was once the tallest person in my family, until my 17-year-old brother surpassed me in height. He is 6'2." I think we get it from our Norwegian blood on my father's side.
  • nonafit
    Options
    COOOOL Sri Lanka!! D

I can relate to the sentiment of feeling like a "giant" in an Asian land, because I am from Hawaii where the majority of people are either of mixed race ancestry of mostly Asian blood, or are 100% Asian. People are generally very short. I always felt like a stranger in my own land, too, because if you're tall and you 'stand out,' they automatically assume you are from the 'mainland,' or even another country, in my case.

I am 5'11", have been tall since I was about 5-6 years old (towered over everyone, including all the boys in my classes, until high school), and I love it!! I am a little bummed sometimes that I never made it to 6.' I was once the tallest person in my family, until my 17-year-old brother surpassed me in height. He is 6'2." I think we get it from our Norwegian blood on my father's side.

*high 5*
    Same here had been towering everyone in the family (for a long time until my brother decided to be taller), towering everyone in school, varsity and now in office. I am living in the world of dwarfties!!! No offense. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    six foot almost exactly... I'm finally getting comfortable with it. :smile:
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    HI ladies! 5'10" here and love it! I wear heels when I dress up and love how I feel in them.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    six foot almost exactly... I'm finally getting comfortable with it. :smile:

Same here. 6 '.
    Just started wearing heels as my confidence has grown and weight has come off.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    im 5'9" woop woop!
  • bonnyibee
    bonnyibee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6'1" (and a half). I have a hard time rounding up to that 2"!

I don't wear heels, although the BF loves it. I feel like a drag queen while walking downtown!
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2''. I'm used to it, but I'm sure my 5'4'' partner and I make a funny site, especially when I'm in heels.
  • TheseNewDays
    Options
    5'10", I never ever wear heels, cause when everyone else is in them and I'm not, makes me feel almost normal height and I'm always glad for it when it comes to having to walk back from the clubs while everyone's barefoot I'm spared having shards of glass stuck in the soles of my feet :)
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' even, and have hated it my whole life! I try to avoid heels at all costs, and don't get started on trying to find jeans with a 38" inseam. lol
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    5'9" and love wearing heals...I feel like I stick out like Shrek when I do, but I try not to care!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    5"11! I love wearing heels, but rarely need to. My BF is 6"0 so I don't try to tower over him too often. :-)
  • nonafit
    Options
    I am feeling short here.
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    6'0 foot here !!
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft 1 and still learning to accept it and find the confidence in me to wear heels as i LOVE high heels and flat shoes are so boring;-) My boyfriend is 6ft 3 and I wish he was taller ;-) like my brother who is 6ft 7!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    5'11" here and love heels. Does anyone else go up a size when going from heels to flats. Most heels fit in a 10, but most flats Ineed an 11 - way harder to find.
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    6' and love it! My husband is 6'8". My Dad's 6'10". We have three sons. Can't wait to see how tall they get. They are 7, 11, and 13. Two of them have always been way over the 100th percentile. One is of average height.

Oh and the heels? Love them. Chunky, wedges-not so much skinny heels though...
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'11 & have no problem putting on 5 inch heels... even when I'm out w/ my 5'5 friends who are wearing flats :D
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    5'10" dont wear heels to often but on occasion I do love it when I get to be 6"2"...whoop