Welcome!

Options

Replies

• wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found this group after reading about the Christians Unite group on a board - would love to join!

I'm a cradle Catholic and have recently re-commited to MFP as well. I am the DRE at my church (a small parish of 300 families) and work as a school nurse. I try to look at my weight/health as a continuous journey, and my faith is one as well.

Looking forward to being here!

Glad to have you here! That IS a small parish. Where do you live?
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Northcentral PA - obviously quite rural :)

It's the same parish I grew up in - it's an old parish (founded around 1840) and a beautiful church overlooking a valley, but very small with many families who can trace their roots back to the original founding parishioners.
    Very different from the 3000+ family parish my husband I lived in for awhile outside of Philly!
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Northcentral PA - obviously quite rural :)
    It's the same parish I grew up in - it's an old parish (founded around 1840) and a beautiful church overlooking a valley, but very small with many families who can trace their roots back to the original founding parishioners.
    Very different from the 3000+ family parish my husband I lived in for awhile outside of Philly!

Sounds lovely!
  • ladyofbugglake
    ladyofbugglake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    New to this group as well as to mfp. Seeking a faith-centered approach, because that is the only way I can do this. I am not stronger than my demons, but god is. And through him, so am I.

I'm also new to Catholicism, having just been confirmed this spring. I'm lucky enough to have a catholic church literally 20 feet from the front door of my work, and I pull strength from having the option to easily go to mass any day of the week. Some days (like today), I just have to go to lunch mass. I know it in my gut and it feels like such a strong urge that I can't ignore it.

I'm liberal and have a bit of a potty mouth in my blogs, so take care when friending me (you've been warned, lol).
  • Kawphi1
    Kawphi1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Gracie and new to this site and this group. I think you can find everything you want to know in my profile, but the basics are I am a 61F, married 33 years, have two grown identical twin sons, no grandkids and 3 dogs we love dearly. I love my Catholic faith. I am a convert to Catholicism and became a Christian in 1978 when I was 26 year old. Blessings.
  • _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    Good morning! I wanted to introduce myself; found the group a few days ago. I'm Kristin, and was born and raised Catholic, but left the Church during my rebellious teenage years. I went around the religious block for about 15 years before coming back to the Church. I suppose I had to go full circle. I left again a couple of years ago, but have finally returned. I wrestle with God quite a bit I suppose, but thankfully, he always wins.

So here I am now, trying my best to live by the teachings of the Church and raise my daughter to know and love Jesus. I was married at one time, but divorced and was granted an annulment, so now I'm a part-time single parent. I'm on MFP to stay as healthy as possible and lose a few more pounds. I'm glad to find this group. Always great to see other Catholics walking the walk. :flowerforyou:

God bless!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and welcome home to the Catholic Church!
  • _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and welcome home to the Catholic Church!

Thank you so much!! It's good to be home!
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    VeronicaanddMatt0605 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am a cradle catholic marries to a cradle catholic for 8 years we have 3children 6 4 and 1. I love my faith and my husband and I are trying to raise our children to love our faith as well. The weight loss journey has been such a struggle for me and I would love to have the support of others Catholics as I work through my weight loss journey.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    welcome and I hope you find support and joy on your journey...
  • jewells233
    Options
    yes welcome and everybody I back on here I was 233 and in one year from not bring on here I am now 267 I am on the HMR program in un in Reno I go too ic and holy cross and was in the mom group is in sparks but god had other plans I am now in the blue star mom of Spanish spring now I just want to say thank god for this group and I hope I can get the support I need from you guys I need it my husband is be hide me and now I am doing for me
  • jewells233
    Options
    IAM SO GALD THIS GROUO IS AND YOU START IT I HOPPING TO GET SUPORT FROM OTHER MEMMBER ON HERE IAM DELYXCIA SO I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AND IT GREAT TO SEE CATHOLIC UNITE IT WOULDERFULY :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jewells233
    Options
    THAT SO WOULDERFUY HOW YOU FOUND A WAY TO LOSS WEIGHT AND TO GIVE TOO THE CHRUCH AND THAT THERE A PRIST ON HERE AMEN SOOOOO BLESS HOPE YOU CAN READ MY SPELLING IAM DELYXCIA MAY GOD OPEN YOUR EYE TO READ THIS
  • Gidget2Jude
    Gidget2Jude Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new here. I am a convert to the faith. My parents were church hoppers. I have spent time in most Protestant denominations. I came to the Church after I married my husband, who was a lapsed Catholic. My conversion is the best thing that ever happened. I am thankful for my Protestant upbringing, it's just what I found in the Catholic faith fulfills me. I have 4 children (22,21,20, & 11).
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new here. I am a convert to the faith. My parents were church hoppers. I have spent time in most Protestant denominations. I came to the Church after I married my husband, who was a lapsed Catholic. My conversion is the best thing that ever happened. I am thankful for my Protestant upbringing, it's just what I found in the Catholic faith fulfills me. I have 4 children (22,21,20, & 11).

Welcome to MFP and to the Catholic Church!
  • dinobunni
    Options
    Hello! I'm currently in the RCIA program. I feel like I've decided to mend both my body and my soul and it's exciting!

At 22 years old, I am 120lbs overweight. I finally buckled down and really committed to losing weight about 2 months ago. So far I've lost 10lbs and I hope to lose more before the holidays! My goal is to reach a healthy weight, which at my height is about 120lbs, by my wedding date 5/1/15!

My boyfriend of 6 years finally proposed to me last month so I found and joined the RCIA program. I've had it on my mind for a couple years now but kept putting it off. I'm not becoming Catholic for him, in case anybody is worried. I did want to do the program so we could be married in a Catholic church but it's so much more than that. I'm finally connecting myself with God and I've needed that so bad. I've been much happier since I started.

I'm new to all of it (Catholicism and healthy living) so all advice and support are greatly appreciated! I look forward to getting to know the some 200 other members of this group. :)
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im so happy whenever I see Catholics get together outside of the church walls :) I'm always looking for ways to keep that flame burning. Please add me for health/fitness and spiritual motivation. Also I would love to swap faith/conversion stories with you.
  • blindmango
    blindmango Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a cradle Catholic with 12 years of Catholic school, an Associate of the Sisters of Social Service, a lector, and catechist for both year one and year 2 for the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children at a large Franciscan parish.

Working with the children is always challenging me to understand and communicate my faith. But the one challenge I just can't seem to deal with is exactly what is on the front of this group page - I am a temple of the Holy Spirit.

My weight impairs what I can do with my church community and my life. I've prayed and tried most everything else. But I've never tried reaching out to a community like this. It feels like a huge risk, probably because I feel like I'm declaring my commitment to you. But where could I be safer?

I say, Catholicism is a get your hands dirty religion. It's time for me to roll up my sleeves and get to work here.

I have a happy, joy filled life. Now it is time for me to take care of this creation of God.
  • kitty130
    kitty130 Posts: 2
    Options
    hia new here any advice?
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I have a happy, joy filled life. Now it is time for me to take care of this creation of God.

This is exactly how I finally feel on this part of my weight-loss exercise journey. I have it under control because I am doing it with God's assistance so that I can use this body to better serve others. Stick with it as it pays off.