Welcome!

Options
123457»

Replies

• ginalovefire
    Options
    Hi all! I joined MFP a while ago, but really only started utilizing it this week.

I decided that if I'm going to live my faith to the fullest, getting my weight and idiotic eating habits under control should be a part of it. How can I possibly "glorify The Lord with my life" if something as important as my diet is so disordered? Gluttony is one of the seven deadlys...yikes!
  • Yunis29
    Yunis29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to MFP and took a chance to search for a catholic forum. I am a 56 year old female cradle catholic. I love my faith and use to teach sacramental prep in my parish in Southwest Florida. I am under doctors orders to lose weight before having surgery. Please pray for me as I begin my journey to new health as it will take alot of work to lose 100 pounds. I know I will not be able to do this without my Lord and the intercession of our most Blessed Mother. Thanks and God Bless.

RE RE
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in my prayers. I have been overweight my whole life and just in the last year or so I have finally gotten control of my eating. I have lost 118 pounds so far and have some more to lose. I am 49 and something finally clicked that I can do this and NEED to do this for health reasons and for a decent final half of my life. More importantly, I knew that I needed to be in shape to carry out my service to the Lord and others. So I somehow finally gained some control with this mindset...which means that the Lord has helped me see the light or even more so I have finally opened my eyes up to what the Lord has been showing me for years. You can do this! We all can. With each other's help and God at our side, we can get some control over this part of our life.
  • Yunis29
    Yunis29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you Kim for your kind words of encouragment and the prayers too!! Thanks also for sharing your journey.
    Bravo on your weight loss!!!!!