New member check in...

Options

Replies

• CHRISSYTKS
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm Chrissy, I live in Fall Church,VA. Student at George Mason. I'm currently trying to get down from 250 to 200. so far 16 pounds lost. Make sure you say hello if you catch me on the metro HA!
    25147432.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SarahE1092
    Options
    Hello! I am a new member so I will check in! I am a 26 y/o Licensed Veterinary Technician living in Centreville, VA.
    I live with my fiance, roommate and the most wonderful cat alive!
    I have been on MFP since Jan 2012. I had previously lost weight then gained it back, but now it will be gone for good! I still have a long way to go, but I am working as hard as I can.

My fiance and I would love to meet up with some other couples. We love to hike, bike, and mostly go camping, and backpacking.
  • fierceangel1982
    Options
    Hey everybody!
    I've lived in Maryland my whole life, currently live in Anne Arundel County and work in Howard County. I'm getting ready to start another round of The Game On Diet with my co-workers and I love aqua zumba.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcomes to Kenyette, Chrissy, SarahE1092 and fierceangel19!
  • katelyth
    katelyth Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Kate, 24, married for a little over a year, and just moved to Baltimore from Denver.

I joined MFP to get control and accountability with my food and exercise. My goal is to lose 30 lbs by my 25th birthday in February.
  • mswonderwoman78
    Options
    Hey my fellow Marylanders!

My name is Kim and I'm new to MFP. I'm looking to connect with like minded folks to encourage, motivate and keep each other accountable. Please let me know if I can add you to my friends list and you may add me to yours. I feel the more the merrier and I can use all the support I can get and GIVE to any MFP member needing support and a place to vent, feel safe and comforted.

I work a full time day job and own my own cake business and makeup artistry business. You can probably imagine that having a cake business is very hard for a person like me that loves to indulge in sweets. I hope to one day completely give up the day job and really do what I love and that's baking and making cakes. If you'd like to check out my cakes go to http://www.candyapplecakes.com It's also on FB so please feel free to like it while there. I also have a website and youtube channel for my makeup biz and I may just video blog about my weightloss journey but am a little intimidated to do so. Guess I'm afraid to fail on camera. What do ya'll think I should do...any thoughts?

I'm trying to write a blog on MFP and post at least 2-3 times a week. If you'd like to read more about me and my story please follow the link (hope I posted the link correctly)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mswonderwoman78?month=201208

Thanks for taking the time to read this and everyone have a very blessed day!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome Kim and Kate.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hello DMV...

I am ShaWashanah and live in DC. I've been here since December 2003 and am originally from Chicago. I'm a wife of 6 years and a mother of 2. I have a Phd and am currently earning my 2nd Master's in Mental Health Counseling. I love Bikram (hot) Yoga, jogging, Zumba and strength training. I am getting more into cooking these days. I wish you all much success!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hello DMV...

I am ShaWashanah and live in DC. I've been here since December 2003 and am originally from Chicago. I'm a wife of 6 years and a mother of 2. I have a Phd and am currently earning my 2nd Master's in Mental Health Counseling. I love Bikram (hot) Yoga, jogging, Zumba and strength training. I am getting more into cooking these days. I wish you all much success!

Welcome to the group!
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Heather from Annandale here...I am new to this thing as evidenced by my total weight loss: 0 pounds....woohoo! :) Actually - I started working out like mad this summer....sometimes up to 2 hours each day....I gained 3 pounds. That was encouraging (not). hahah....so I figured I needed to be more accountable for my eating habits. Just started the Dukan Diet yesterday - I will let you know how it goes.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi there! Heather from Annandale here...I am new to this thing as evidenced by my total weight loss: 0 pounds....woohoo! :) Actually - I started working out like mad this summer....sometimes up to 2 hours each day....I gained 3 pounds. That was encouraging (not). hahah....so I figured I needed to be more accountable for my eating habits. Just started the Dukan Diet yesterday - I will let you know how it goes.

Welcome to the group!
  • Annie_228
    Options
    Andrea from Baltimore....new member here....trying to re-lose 40 lbs plus and additonal 30 with diet and exercise. I have joined the Well4Life program at the hospital I work for and I have a gym membership at PF Glen Burnie.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Larry and live near Reston. I have been a member of MFP for exactly 4 months today and it really has transformed my eating and excercise life. I am currently ahead of my plan to lose 1 lb a week for 52 weeks. So far I am losing about 1.5 lbs a week. Most importantly I am relearning how to eat proper portions and food after a decades of improper eating habits. Also, my exercise habits have gotten much better and I find myself gradually trying and doing more challenging exercises.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am Brandon and I live in Baltimore, MD (Carney/Parkville, MD which is just north of the Baltimore City line). I have been a member of MFP since 2009, although not always an active one in the beginning. Working on getting under the 200lb mark and to stay there.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome Andrea, Larry and Brandon!
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Katara and I live and work in Columbia, MD. I just relocated from FL but prior to that was in Alexandria, VA. I've been using MFP since January still trying to lose the same 30 pounds!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hello! My name is Katara and I live and work in Columbia, MD. I just relocated from FL but prior to that was in Alexandria, VA. I've been using MFP since January still trying to lose the same 30 pounds!

Welcome, Katara!
  • psychodog765
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have been using MFP for a while, but have never looked at the 'community' tab before..I'm 19 going to school part-time. I also work full-time in Rockville for an agency that's part of DHHS, but I commute from Ellicott City. I've lost a little over 40 lbs so far and would like to lose ~20 more!!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have been using MFP for a while, but have never looked at the 'community' tab before..I'm 19 going to school part-time. I also work full-time in Rockville for an agency that's part of DHHS, but I commute from Ellicott City. I've lost a little over 40 lbs so far and would like to lose ~20 more!!

Welcome!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Lot's of new members in the last month or so. Feel free to add me if you would like.