• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    hello all im new to the group
    i live in charles county
    work in DC
    Looking to lose 80000 pounds :)

hopefully you guys do some gropu meets i got a way to go

Welcome to the group! We have had some hiking meet-ups and I'm always up for suggestions.
  • mjuckie
    mjuckie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Living in the Falls Church Area, Working in Bethesda.

Joined the group for motivation, workout/diet tips and ideas for fitness-y things to do in DMV.

My go-to workouts are Bikram Yoga (at BFC), runs, biking, boxing. Looking for new & challenging routines.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Living in the Falls Church Area, Working in Bethesda.

Joined the group for motivation, workout/diet tips and ideas for fitness-y things to do in DMV.

My go-to workouts are Bikram Yoga (at BFC), runs, biking, boxing. Looking for new & challenging routines.

Welcome to the group!
  • 321poppi
    Options
    I live in Mount Rainier, MD (college park/ hyattsville area) I work in Old Town Alexandria.
  • GFreg
    Options
    I live in Mount Rainier, MD (college park/ hyattsville area) I work in Old Town Alexandria.

Welcome to the group!
  • girlynottoogirly
    Options
    I am Toni...from the PG County, Maryland area. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • GFreg
    Options
    I am Toni...from the PG County, Maryland area. Feel free to add me. :smile:

Welcome tom the group, Toni!
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    todd western maryland here anyone can add me.
  • ReyesJensen
    Options
    Jensen 18 from prince Georges county looking to drop 50lbs and IM getting there :) hope everyone reaches there goals too :)
  • shokes718
    shokes718 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Cindy from Gaithersburg. Only in the DMV does the topic revolve around commuting...LOL! I also work for a gov't agency in Bethesda (no, not that one) and would LOVE local support. Feel free to add me.
  • quiann
    quiann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quiann, live in dc. Currently a student and stay at home mom and need the motivation to finally be relieved of this baby weight (my son is 2 1/2) smh..Looking to drop 50lbs before March 2013 .Please add me!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi Todd, Jensen, Cindy and Quiann.
  • queenie104ama
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Alyshia I feel guilty after reading about everyones commute but I live right in the City 23 and just starting this journey.. dont hesitate to add me!
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I live in Columbia or HoCo. We moved here from rural Missouri, and I was absolutely floored by the traffic here!! I feel sorry for all the folks with the insane commutes. I can use all the motivational help that I can get...anyone can add me, just let me know that your from the DMV or DelMarVa group so I know your not a scammer. I look forward to taking on this journey together. We CAN do it!!! :laugh: :smile:
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Terrence, live in NE DC (moved here from Atlanta 4 years ago) and am an engineer for a consulting firm in Columbia, Md. I run a lot. at my peak i could run a half marathon. Now I do 3 miles or so daily. I'm looking to lose about 10-20 pounds and since we talk about commutes, mine is abut 30-45 mins each way but it's against the flow of traffic (i'm leaving dc in the morning when everyone is coming in and vice versa in the afternoon), so it's not really THAT bad. the thing that slows me down the most is traffic lights before i hit the highway
  • PistolKrystal
    Options
    Just joined this group! I'm from Frederick :) No bad commute here, because I'm at home with my 2 little ones right now :) Would love to lose about 20 lbs and get in the 120's (I'm 5'3) like I was when I got married... Glad to find this group and have support from people around me! Feel free to add me as a friend! I fell off my wagon two months ago, and have to re do some of my work at losing weight, and today is my first day on fitness pal, and back on a diet ;)
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all, been here on MFP about 30 days, and am new to the group. Native Californian, living in Burke, VA, and commuting to Reston. Looking for local workout buddies that might be interested in hiking/walking/dog parks, etc.
  • Timcote1960
    Options
    New mfp'er here, I have lost 13 on weight watchers and have another 20 to go to the dream weight. Running, especially marathons, are my thing. Did B'more 'thon last Sat and came in at 4:28' pretty slow for me, beneath my 3:52 PR and very far from the 3:30 I need for a BQ. I have decided the 20# I need to make disappear will be the ticket. So glad to join and hope there are some other runners out there near to MoCo.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristy from Rockville. I joined MFP about a month ago and joined this group a week or so ago but didn't introduce myself yet. Ate the meet ups still happening?