New member check in...

Options

Replies

• shanse21
    shanse21 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey, all! Stephanie, 25, way out in western Loudoun. I just joined MFP this week to re-motivate myself into eating better and drop a few lbs that crept up on me.. a small goal of about 10lbs. I'm in that "I don't want to have to buy new clothes" boat!

I'm just getting back to running after about a 6 week break. I've signed up for a half-marathon at Disney in February with the ultimate goal of doing MCM next year. That'll be my first full! I'm sort of looking around for a few shorter races before Disney, just to keep me focused.
  • fudJy23
    fudJy23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know it's weird but it's just such a hassle and so mentally draining to have to drag myself out to a store and try on clothes and find stuff that looks good but doesn't fit or fits but doesn't look good. Ya know? It's just easier to stick with what I've got!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hey, all! Stephanie, 25, way out in western Loudoun. I just joined MFP this week to re-motivate myself into eating better and drop a few lbs that crept up on me.. a small goal of about 10lbs. I'm in that "I don't want to have to buy new clothes" boat!

I'm just getting back to running after about a 6 week break. I've signed up for a half-marathon at Disney in February with the ultimate goal of doing MCM next year. That'll be my first full! I'm sort of looking around for a few shorter races before Disney, just to keep me focused.

Welcome to the group, Stephanie!
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey! I'm Angel. Born in Columbia, raised in Montgomery Village. Active duty military member stationed in NOVA. Been at this MFP thing for about a month now and pretty happy with the results!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hey! I'm Angel. Born in Columbia, raised in Montgomery Village. Active duty military member stationed in NOVA. Been at this MFP thing for about a month now and pretty happy with the results!

Welcome to the group Angel. Thank you for your service!
  • seralee5804
    Options
    Hi!! I am Sara from Baltimore, MD. Have about 60lbs I need to lose!!! (Some how I weigh more then when I was pregnant go figure!) I just signed up so here we go..................
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi!! I am Sara from Baltimore, MD. Have about 60lbs I need to lose!!! (Some how I weigh more then when I was pregnant go figure!) I just signed up so here we go..................

Hi Sara! Welcome to the group!
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Hello Sara, I'm a mommy of a two year old baby girl, and I have about 50lb to lose. I too gain a lot of weight when I got pregnant, and I'm hovering right about the same weight I was back then.... so you are not alone... but we can do it!!!!
    Welcome to DMV Group!!
  • seralee5804
    Options
    Thanks GFreg & Lanet27 for the welcome!!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I live in Bel Air, MD. My profile already says all of this but, I am 27 years old and I am a vegan. Feel free to add me.
  • GFreg
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I live in Bel Air, MD. My profile already says all of this but, I am 27 years old and I am a vegan. Feel free to add me.

Welcome to the group Amanda.
  • kitchenpenguin
    kitchenpenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Aloha! I'm Akiyo and I live in Bowie, MD. I'm an office drone by day and a culinary student by night. I'm here because I'm tired of being sore and....well, tired. I want to lose weight so I'll have more energy and, hopefully, control my back pain so I can reduce my visits to the chiropractor. The short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before my physical in the beginning of October. Congratulations to everybody else on their progress and I look forward to being part of this community.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Aloha! I'm Akiyo and I live in Bowie, MD. I'm an office drone by day and a culinary student by night. I'm here because I'm tired of being sore and....well, tired. I want to lose weight so I'll have more energy and, hopefully, control my back pain so I can reduce my visits to the chiropractor. The short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before my physical in the beginning of October. Congratulations to everybody else on their progress and I look forward to being part of this community.

Welcome to the group Akiyo!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Valerie I am 26 and currently live in Calvert CO., MD but work in Arlington, VA! So I know all about commuting, I have about and hour in a half commute one way! 3 hours total UGH, but the job pays! I currently have about 80 more pounds to go until goal and I am feeling confident that I can shed these extra pounds in no time!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Hey everybody.

I'm in Jessup. I lived in Frederick county for 23 years, but spent a lot of time in Towson too.

I was "lucky" enough to join the military and get stationed right back where I came from. :P
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome to the group Valerie and Camrunner!
  • missmiangels
    missmiangels Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I come to you from the "M" in DMV - I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland and work in DC. I've just recently joined MFP and I'm looking forward to healthy changes and meeting new people! :))
  • gjd18700
    Options
    I'm Georgia. I live in Montgomery Village but I work in DC -- hate the commute! I'm new to MFP and looking forward to the support and tips while I work to exercise more and eat less.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome missmiangels and Georgia.
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kenyette and I live in Columbia and work in Howard County as well. I joined MFP around March and didnt really start using it until April. Tracking what i eat and how I exercise has really helped me lose weight. I topped the scale at 243 and I knew it was time for a change! I got a Planet Fitness membership and I now log every morsel that I eat. So far i have lost 12 lbs. That may be little to some, but I feel like I have moved mountains. I wish everyone luck in their weight loss journeys. If you need motivation, I am a great supporter. Feel free to add me as a friend.