New member check in...

Options

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to the group and am excited that there are others that share my same goals in the area.

I am 32 years old and live in Southern Maryland (Waldorf), however, I work in DC (gov't) which limits the amount of time I have to work out. Currently I am down about 30 lbs, but still have more to go. Look forward to meeting others who share in my goal.

Welcome to the group! I know there is a thread in here with a big representation of our southern Marylanders. Great job losing the 30lbs, keep up the good work.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Barbara. Been on MFP almost 3 weeks and feeling pretty good about it. I live in Germantown. Looking forward to some local support!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi Barbara! Glad to have you in the group.
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim here! Grew up in Waldorf, living in MoCo for over 13 years. Also lived in PG (various), Fairfax, and Falls Church....anything to avoid a long commute! Currently a stay-at-home mom of 2 boys, 12 & 9. Would welcome weekday meet-ups while the kids are at school/camp. Feel free to add me :)
  • jenklive
    jenklive Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jenny and I live in Gaithersburg. I'm pretty new to MFP and finding it very helpful. I'm looking forward to being part of a group to provide some accountability.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jewel and I live in Oxon Hill, MD. I've been on MFP for almost year but it wasn't until recently that I go serious about getting my weight under control. I'm hoping to lose 40 pounds by the end of this year and another 20 by the summer of 2013. If anyone is looking for additional support, feel free to add me.
  • Andry3886
    Andry3886 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Guys!

I have lived in Harford County, MD all my life. I new to MFPand am excited to use MFP, especially the app, to get back to my high school sizes. Good luck to us all :)

-Holly
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome to Kim, Jenny, Jewel and Holly.
  • stonedrose
    stonedrose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm from Western MD and work as an RN is a small hospital in WV. I've been on MFP for about a little over a month but really have been taking it seriously the past few weeks. I have approximately 130 pounds to lose and just decided I wanted to be fab in 40s so here I am. :happy:
  • sgstarling
    sgstarling Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Stephen. I live near Rockville, MD and work in DC. In the past I managed to lose 60 lbs and hit my ideal weight! Yay! Then I gained about 35 of it back, boo! So I joined MFP. So far so good. I'd like some MFP friends, though. Hint, hint! :)
  • GFreg
    Options
    Welcome to stonedrose and Stephen.
  • liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome, everyone!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP DMVers! I am on day two of my journey to find the me I know is in here somewhere :)
    I am on the Eastern Shore but originally from Rockville, MD. I would love some new "friends"!
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP DMVers! I am on day two of my journey to find the me I know is in here somewhere :)
    I am on the Eastern Shore but originally from Rockville, MD. I would love some new "friends"!

Welcome to the group! We have a few Eastern shore people here in the group.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon (as evidenced by the name) and I just moved to the Baltimore area last year. I don't have a lot of time to get out and explore my new city so hopefully this group will give me some insight on what-to-see and maybe even make some new friends! :D
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon (as evidenced by the name) and I just moved to the Baltimore area last year. I don't have a lot of time to get out and explore my new city so hopefully this group will give me some insight on what-to-see and maybe even make some new friends! :D

Hi Shannon and welcome to the group. Glad to have you aboard.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tom. Born and raised around the beltway. I've lived in Oxon Hill, Bethesda, College Park, Silver Springs and then finally Gaithersburg. . Looking to join in the MFP fun.
  • GFreg
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tom. Born and raised around the beltway. I've lived in Oxon Hill, Bethesda, College Park, Silver Springs and then finally Gaithersburg. . Looking to join in the MFP fun.

Welcome to the group!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I'm Sarah, currently live in Annapolis - just came back from Colorado in May. I love this site! Its been so helpful for me. :drinker:
  • GFreg
    Options
    I'm Sarah, currently live in Annapolis - just came back from Colorado in May. I love this site! Its been so helpful for me. :drinker:

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the group!