New member check in...

Options

Replies

• JennD2679
    JennD2679 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gerri, you aren't far from me (I'm in Sterling). I'm on Route 7 often, though I try to avoid it. If you see a crazy woman waving at you and honking then that is probably me. I don't have any kids either but we do have a black lab and a cat. Best of luck in your weight loss goals!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new!

My name is Becky, I'm a law student and I live in the District.

Ummm... My commute is very short, because school is only 2 Metro stops/15 minute bus ride away... So sorry for all of you commuters. But I don't have a car, so I'm pretty much stuck here, lol.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    Gerri, you aren't far from me (I'm in Sterling). I'm on Route 7 often, though I try to avoid it. If you see a crazy woman waving at you and honking then that is probably me. I don't have any kids either but we do have a black lab and a cat. Best of luck in your weight loss goals!

Hey thanks! You too! Maybe we'll be stuck together on rt. 7 one day... <sigh>
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new members!! Sorry I fell of the wagon w/the personal quotes and welcomes!! Just know that I appreciate you all signing up and am glad we have some threads and discussions going on here..!

Feel free to add me and the other members as friends if you haven't already, and don't forget to spread the word about the group!!

Thanks and once again, welcome!!

M
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Loves!! Im Keyonna but I go by Keke, I live in Montclair, VA.. But I work in DC the commute isnt too bad since I work early hours

Keke- You Are Awesome!!! :)
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new!

My name is Becky, I'm a law student and I live in the District.

Ummm... My commute is very short, because school is only 2 Metro stops/15 minute bus ride away... So sorry for all of you commuters. But I don't have a car, so I'm pretty much stuck here, lol.

Hey Becky,
    Welcome!!! This site is great and we are here to help; whatever you need!
  • novamegs
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Megan, I live and work in Manassas, so I really can't complain at all about my commute:) I just started using MFP a couple weeks ago, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Feel free to add me; I don't really know anyone on here and it's always great to meet people working toward a common goal!
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Sherie, I live in Mechanicsville. I smoked my last cigarette Jan. 31 2011 :) Then I quit running and doing dvds in March. I gained 23 pounds:( Not sure why I quit working out, I just got lazy I guess, but I'm back and going strong (30 days) Saturday I had my best ever 5K~33:09 (treadmill). I plan to run my old outside route (hills) on Thanksgiving to see what my road 5K is. I miss pounding the pavement, but the treadmill has been very convenient. I use to hate it, when I had to run on it because of bad weather I'd quit after a mile, but I've recently started watching movies while running and I'm loving it. It's a little to dark for my liking to run in the morning. I'm ready for spring already.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Sherie, I live in Mechanicsville. I smoked my last cigarette Jan. 31 2011 :) Then I quit running and doing dvds in March. I gained 23 pounds:( Not sure why I quit working out, I just got lazy I guess, but I'm back and going strong (30 days) Saturday I had my best ever 5K~33:09 (treadmill). I plan to run my old outside route (hills) on Thanksgiving to see what my road 5K is. I miss pounding the pavement, but the treadmill has been very convenient. I use to hate it, when I had to run on it because of bad weather I'd quit after a mile, but I've recently started watching movies while running and I'm loving it. It's a little to dark for my liking to run in the morning. I'm ready for spring already.
    It is truly amazing how the lungs heal after quitting. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathleen, 25, and I live in Alexandria- work in D.C. (gov contractor). I'm from the south, so this commute issue is killing me! I'm used to a 15 minute commute, not 60 :( I have 50-60 pounds to lose, but I'm mainly focusing on the look and feel, not the number. I've lost about 8 pounds so far and have a group of friends at work who I work out with at the gym where I work. They both commute here during the week though, so I don't really have anyone to work out with on weekends.

I lost 50 pounds a little over a year ago but gained a good bit of it back after a back injury which had me bed-ridden for about 1.5 months. Now I'm back on the wagon and not looking back :) (Except of course, to remind myself not to overdo it again!)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    That's right! The infamous Mel lives in Ft. Meade. :bigsmile: Ok so, my name is Melissa. Please call me Mel :bigsmile: I'm a SAHM, but looking to go back to work soon. I'm a dork...been on MFP since June.....I'm a flirt...I'm offensive...And I wont lie

also obsessed with the show Dexter :bigsmile: my car is even named Dexter and my GPS is Deb :heart:....and a ton of TV I'm kinda a TV junkie...

That's all I got for now...anything else just ask...:devil:
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi eveybody! I'm not sure why I haven't checked in until now. My name is Greg. I am currently living in Rockville and working in Gaithersburg so I can't complain too much about the commute. I'm a hiker, camper, biker, swimmer, kayaker, white water rafter, future rock climber, basically an all around outdoor enthusiast. I would probably be much better suited to living in Colorado or something but I was born and raised here and will always love the DMV area. Even when I have to get on 495 during rush hour.

Feel free to add me!
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes traffic is horrible. I live in Fredericksburg and work in DC.
  • tondalea
    Options
    Guess I should have checked in here instead of starting a new thread. Anyway, I'm Tonda. I live in Fredericksburg and work in DC thus I work out between 4:30 and 5 am prior to work since traffic is so horrible. Some evenings when I'm up for it and caught up on school work I may do another work out. I've lost 35 pounds at home with P90X and eating right and then came to standstill because of my eating basically. I need to lose about another 30. My goal is to compete in fitness next year. I just recently rejoined Sport and Health to mix my work outs. Also recently became Zumba licensed so trying to find the time to practice so that I can teach. Feel free to send me a personal friend request here or on facebook....Tonda Walls
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    Hey, Hey! I'm CK. I've been a member of MFP for a while now but just started actively using it 40 days ago (celebrated Day 40 today! Woot!) now I'm wondering what took me so long. I love it! I am a native DMVer and have lived all over the area. Upper Marlboro is where I lay my head and D.C. is where I make my bread. I'm a driver and my commute isn't bad at all. It's actually shorter than taking the train. I figure I'm going to have to deal with insanity with both methods so I might as well be in the comfort of my own car. I began my weight loss journey in August 2010 and lost 24 by February only to slightly fall off the wagon. I'm now back on track and 5 lbs away from my lowest weight during my journey. My initial goal is to lose 40 lbs. Once I get there I'll set a new one. Looking forward to chatting, sharing tips, supporting and motivating one another in this group.
  • tondalea
    Options
    Welcome..
  • me_aunaturale
    Options
    I'm brand spanking new... signed up last night. My name is Regina and I live in Arlington. I've done Weigh Watchers online before which is very similar to this and lost 25lbs. A friend told me about MFP so I figured free is always good. I'm hoping to get my motivation back and start back on my regular workout routine. I pretty much just do routine strength training and cardio at my local gym but would love to hear about fun and effective classes in the area.

I hope to learn lots (and/or laugh lots) with you all. Peace!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Ms. Me and the Killa I welcome you both! Upper Marlboro should be it's own county...big and easy to get lost. I feel different when I drive over there! Ha!!!!! Ya'll drive FAST!!!!!!!!!
    Arlingtonian Ms. Me I work there!!!!!! Would not mind living there...
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    "Upper Marlboro should be it's own county...big and easy to get lost."

LOL. This is true. I feel the same way about Silver Spring. It even has boroughs like NYC.
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    "A friend told me about MFP so I figured free is always good. I'm hoping to get my motivation back and start back on my regular workout routine."

I was a little annoyed when I found out that what I was paying $40 a month for through Weight Watchers I could have easily been doing for free here. And I'm more successful here. Figures!