Replies

• weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    morgan is awesome lol
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I guess I might as well introduce myself. I'm Maxwell and I live in Arlington, VA. I'm 26 and am a government contractor. I am CrossFitter and I'm not really looking to lose weight as much as gain muscle (don't mind losing body fat).

Welcome Maxwell! I saw you post about MCM.. is that the Marine Corps Marathon?
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    Another Federale, also in Rockville, but with a reverse and early morning commute, so that's not so terrible. I've been at this since August, and feel like I've barely made any progress, so it's great to have more support, and even some locals. (I'm a born and bred local, which is unusual in this area.) I try to get my exercize in before work, which is difficult as I'm at work at 7:30, and some days are better than others. Glad to have found you all.

Welcome insaindon!! We're here to support you!! I've been trying and trying to get even a 15 minute workout in before heading to work..!! No luck so far though.. Being a night owl doesn't help too much I guess..!!

Glad to have you aboard and jealous of the reverse commute!! hehe
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    Hi everyone! After hearing the horrible commute stories I feel bad admitting that I live 5 minutes away from my Fed Job in DC. But, I'm 27 and recently gotten excited about running after avoiding it forever. Thank you C25K, I'm down to my last 4 lbs and excited about my first race next month.

Hello Katy! Aaaaaand no sympathy for your 5 minute commute either..hehe!

How hard was the C25K to get into? I'm trying to start running and hear pretty good things about it.. but I D E S P I S E running!! hehe..

Congrats on being down to your last 4lbs!!
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shanna (Shaw-Na) from Easton, MD on the Eastern Shore. I'm a single mom of a rambunctious three year old girl and I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man in May of 2013. I'm looking to lose about 100+ pounds and I've lost just about 11 so far in 3 weeks.
    I walk while at work. We have a course that is 1.5 miles out and back that I try to walk on my lunch breaks, provided someone can cover the phones. I've been trying to do some isometrics at home and I have the Slim in 6 program that I can't seem to put in my DVD player and actually use. I have two torn discs in my lower back so I can't do some moves, like crunches, and both of my knees are prone to giving me fits. That is mainly caused by my being so overweight.. but that's what I'm here for! Hopefully this is the right group to join.

Hello Shanna!! The good ol' Eastern Shore... I've been through there a couple of times.. pretty nice! Congratulations on the engagement..!! Stick w/us/MFP and we'll do all we can to help you reach your goal!!

Sorry to hear about the torn discs and knee problems.. I'm sure we can find some exercises that will help you get around those obstacles and well on your way!!
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    30 year old from Gaithersburg here. I am trying to shed about 50 lbs and would like to do most of it by my wedding (and honeymoon) in July. I work in Rockville so no complaints on my short commute. I try to run around my neighborhood with my dog as my main source of exercise. I am also a member of Planet Fitness and my work has a gym, but the PF membership is collecting dust and I have yet to go to my work gym (only been on the job 3 weeks so far). I also grew up in MoCo, so I am a longtime local.

Welcome Ken!! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you goal wise!! Earlier this year I was hitting PF on muddy branch hard, then fell off as the summer came along..!!

let's get back on track, and if that's the PF you head to, maybe we can hit it up sometime and lift or whatever!!

Thanks for joining the group!!
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    Hello Everyone my name is Amena. I live in Hyattsville. I started this journey in January. I have only made one other real effort at loosing weight this is the longest I have stuck to it. I've lost 51lbs and have 73 to go.

My motivation has been wavering for the past few months I am still looking for new motivation to get back into things like I was before. Work has gotten stressful and I have started grad school. The challenge now is to loose this weight during stressful busy times. I know I can do it and I know you all can too. Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Hello Amena!! Thanks for joining the group!!

Congrats on the 51 lbs lost so far!!! other 73...piece of cake!! Esp w/DMV MFP behind you!!

I know how life itself can get in the way, and I'm still trying to figure out how to stay focused when things get stressful and hectic..!! We'll do this together!!!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @liveinthemix it isn't hard to start at all!! I hated..I mean HATED running, what helped with C25K is that they build in walk breaks to build up your endurance. So it doesn't seem like you're making much progress until you get to the later weeks and you're able to run for 15, 20 minutes without stopping. You'll be hooked
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Mike living in Stafford, VA. My goal is to lose about 15-20lbs but get stronger a the same time and motivate others. I am loving life; My inspriations are Family, Fitness, Friends, and Football. I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. Feel free to hit me up.
  • niceguy63
    Options
    I'm Caroline, originally from South Jersey and now living in DC. I work as an engineer/government contractor and I'm also a grad student at GMU.

My partner and I got really lucky and found a house in the Capitol Hill/Eastern Market neighborhood, only 1 mile from where I work. So I have plenty of opportunities to get my biking and walking exercise in! Prior to that we were commuting 2-3 hours every day, so I can empathize with all of you who spend a significant portion of the day stuck in a car.

Hello Jersey Fam! Born in Raised in Central Jersey; own a house near LBI. Welcome! I am a CTR out here in VA and loving life.
  • epa1112
    Options
    I'm amazed at all the lbs everyone has lost. Way to go group. oh and everyone please feel free to add me, I mainly use MFP from my phone so it's a chore to add folk sometimes (laaazzzyyyyy I know)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm Caroline, originally from South Jersey and now living in DC. I work as an engineer/government contractor and I'm also a grad student at GMU.

My partner and I got really lucky and found a house in the Capitol Hill/Eastern Market neighborhood, only 1 mile from where I work. So I have plenty of opportunities to get my biking and walking exercise in! Prior to that we were commuting 2-3 hours every day, so I can empathize with all of you who spend a significant portion of the day stuck in a car.

Hello Jersey Fam! Born in Raised in Central Jersey; own a house near LBI. Welcome! I am a CTR out here in VA and loving life.

My family used to go to LBI almost every weekend in the summer. :) One of the things I hate about DC is that it's such a hassle to get to the shore.
  • JennD2679
    JennD2679 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps! I am semi-new to MFP. I just really started logging and getting my butt in gear last week and I am UP a pound. So discouraging. I know it's probably just from all the working out I've been doing but it's still annoying.

Anyway, I work in Falls church for a government contracting company and I live in Sterling, VA. The commute is about 20 miles (dagger!) but it really isn't all that bad. I may be transferring to another position that is located in Fairfax, VA though. I should know more about that next week.

Okay, so I need you all to keep me motivated. I think I may start the C25K again this week. I have tried it before and got to maybe week 5 or 6 but then kind of lost motivation and gave up. I, also, HATE to run but I have to say that it did help build up my endurance.

Happy losing everyone!
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shanna (Shaw-Na) from Easton, MD on the Eastern Shore. I'm a single mom of a rambunctious three year old girl and I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man in May of 2013. I'm looking to lose about 100+ pounds and I've lost just about 11 so far in 3 weeks.
    I walk while at work. We have a course that is 1.5 miles out and back that I try to walk on my lunch breaks, provided someone can cover the phones. I've been trying to do some isometrics at home and I have the Slim in 6 program that I can't seem to put in my DVD player and actually use. I have two torn discs in my lower back so I can't do some moves, like crunches, and both of my knees are prone to giving me fits. That is mainly caused by my being so overweight.. but that's what I'm here for! Hopefully this is the right group to join.

Hello Shanna!! The good ol' Eastern Shore... I've been through there a couple of times.. pretty nice! Congratulations on the engagement..!! Stick w/us/MFP and we'll do all we can to help you reach your goal!!

Sorry to hear about the torn discs and knee problems.. I'm sure we can find some exercises that will help you get around those obstacles and well on your way!!

Thanks! The 11 pounds I've lost so far have done wonders for my knees so I'm hopeful that once more weight comes off I'll be able to be more active. I've been doing isometrics in place of crunches for now. I would love to become a runner sometime down the line. My mom used to be in a running club called the Hash Hound Harriers. They would send out a "rabbit", which was a single person to lay down a course through a town which led from one bar to another. After about 20 minutes, the rest of the group would follow, with the option to stay at any of the bars they stop at along the way. However, the rabbit would usually pick one of the best bars in town as the final destination. She said it was a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm Gerri from Leesburg, VA! I work in Ashburn, VA for the university i graduated from back in '09. Even though my commute is only 8 miles from door to door, it takes me 40 minutes each way (i hate route 7). I'm not a mom to any human kids, but i am a mom to 7 wonderful pets -- a beagle pup, tabby cat, two red eared slider turtles, two robo hamsters, and one fat and happy pacman frog. I live with my domestic partner (we're sick of the terms boyfriend and girlfriend but have no plans to get married anytime soon). I volunteer for a local PFLAG chapter and as the choir director at a local church and i'm a complete nerd. If you're ever on route 7 and you see a red prius drive by with a bunch of nerdy stickers on the back (world of warcraft, portal, coheed and cambria, etc.) please honk and wave!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Kim from Crownsville. No commute horror stories here, I live really close to work:) Been with MFP for a long time but totally committed since October 2010. I am living proof that it can be done:) Glad to be here!
  • niceguy63
    Options

My family used to go to LBI almost every weekend in the summer. :) One of the things I hate about DC is that it's such a hassle to get to the shore.

Yup! I wish we had a beach near by!!! That and the traffic is the only negative side to the DMV...
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey Loves!! Im Keyonna but I go by Keke, I live in Montclair, VA.. But I work in DC the commute isnt too bad since I work early hours
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    Hi All :) Im Jasminn. Live in MD. Work in DC. I seriously only live like 10 min a way but tell that to the TRAFFIC!!! It is a lot better going home. Usually I'm home by 4:15 PM (off at 3:30) Im currently still doing 30 Day Shred. Doing very well with it!! Plan to start Ripped in 30 next week.

Hello Jasminn!!

Ahh yes.. I'm familiar with something being such a short distance away..yet takes so long to get to... esp in rain.. or if the weather even calls for snow...!!

Awesome on the 30DS.. Ripped in 30 better watch out!!!

Thanks for coming aboard!
  • liveinthemix
    Options
    I live in Alexandria and work at AU in upper (way upper) NW. I drive 11 miles and one-way it's 45 minutes on a good day (it would take at least 1-1/2 hours by metro). I grew up here, but lived in the mid-west most of my adult life.

Hello Blueimp!! AU's campus is nice..!! I have a couple of friends that run a radio show there..!! Good stuff.. Welcome aboard!!