New member check in...

Options

Replies

• lolaloveszumba
    lolaloveszumba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, peeps... This is my first day actually using MFP, after a friend convinced me to join. I'm trying to get back into a regular (5x a week) workout routine, at home and in the gym. I live and work in the District. I teach little ones, and go to grad school, so it's not always easy to get to the gym. At home, I'm doing a mix of Jillian Michaels' videos and some basic Crossfit stuff. I'm not trying to lose much weight, but am trying to get back into shape. I hate exercising, but love Zumba, rockclimbing, and salsa & bachata dancing. Welcome new friends and potential WSC workout buddies.
  • Blogmarkblog
    Blogmarkblog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. I'm Mark and live in SW DC with my partner of almost 15 years. Like to run and have been trying to lose my last 20 pounds for years. Hope this works.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Howdy gang, I'm Matt, 35, live in Haymarket, VA, and work in Fairfax, VA. Joined MFP a while back, but until recently didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I'm currently in training for a triathlon so I'm now on here daily to log my workouts and food.
  • ericafaye6988
    ericafaye6988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I live in Culpeper, VA but work and go to school (NOVA) in Manassas, VA. Looking for some support. Got 150 pounds to lose!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hey everybody! It's good to see all the new faces. I wish I could get a notification whenever someone new joined the group or something. Feel free to add me to your friend list. My name is Greg and I live in Rockville.
  • DarkShadesBill
    DarkShadesBill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, All
    I'm Bill from Odenton.
    I've been on MFP a while now, but need a motivation infusion - 20 pounds to go to reach my goal!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    hey- name is Rick. Just moved to Rockville from NJ.
  • Palak1020
    Palak1020 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm Palak and I live in Columbia Heights!
  • bullyork
    Options
    My name is Jacob. I just joined officially today, although I have used the website to track calories in the past. going from 237 to 210.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I just recently joined this group but I've been on MFP for over a year now. I'm Bonita and I live in Landover.
  • kuhar352
    kuhar352 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined MFP. I am starting a 1200 calorie diet and walking 4 miles 5x/week. I have 30 lbs to lose, so I definitely could use some support. Feel free to friend me!:happy:
  • tfanni88
    tfanni88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey ALL =)

I'm checking in!

I'm Tiffani - My goal is 55-60lbs! Yikes I know, but I am going to make it. MFP is helping me out so far, and I'm here for workout buddies and support. Hope to hear from some of y'all soon!

I'm in Alexandria BTW
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My name is Dawn and I live in Bowie, MD. I've been on MFP for 6 months. I work out between 3 and 4 times a week, but just recently become bored and unfocused. I'm looking for a group of people to get me re-motivated on my weight loss journey.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Barry and I live in the District. I'm 40y.o. and I have about 25lbs to lose. I'm active and I ride my bike on the trainer a lot and I also do some aqua kinetic exercises. I need to get my diet in order and that includes drinking fewer beers.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura from Alexandria. Been on MFP for a while now, but only recently moved to the DC area.

I like to lift heavy things at the gym!
  • fuhreeus
    fuhreeus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm Dave from Silver Spring, MD. I'm 37 years old and I'm trying to break the 200 lb barrier that I haven't seen in a few decades. I've lost motivation a few times but now I'm trying to get back on track.

Love to have some friends on the journey.

my username is fuhreeus

Cheers.
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HI!
    My name is Jamie, I grew up in Fairfax, VA- and just moved back to the area from Richmond. I live in Chantilly, and work in D.C. I am currently working on reducing my body fat percentage, losing a few pounds, developing and maintaining a healthy relationship with food, and trying to drink more water (vs diet mt dew...hmmm)
    Nice to meet you all! :happy:
  • INFPerseverance
    INFPerseverance Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Michelle from Catonsville, MD. I'm 28 years old. I'm already at a healthy weight, but I'd like to be on the lower end of my healthy weight range. I'm too close for comfort to an "overweight" BMI. I'm trying to get in really good shape and develop life-long healthy habits.
  • luv2luvu
    luv2luvu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joining this group and I am ready to get serious about weight loss. I live in College Park and work in DC. Definitely interested in group discussions and activities that keep me focused!
  • YoungerFitterU
    Options
    Hi my name is Dawn. I joined MFP last month and live in Glen Bunie, MD.

Anyone can add me :)