Introduce yourself!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 33 ,3 kids and from a small town about an hour from Toledo.Lived in Ohio my whole life and I am trying to avoid family health problems by getting to a healthy weight.Just started so could use friends and support
  • sammykat76
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Howdy! California girl here, transplanted to Michigan in '00, got smart and got out of there in '06 when I met my now husband, and moved to Columbus . (O-H-!)

I work as a cashier for a CVS and have a wonderfully goofy 10 year old boy from my last marriage. Hubby and I have 5 (yes, five) cats. Hubby and I are both trying to get in to better shape, but it can be tough. I'm on my feet most of my work day, and he's tired after his work too, so it's difficult to want to exercise when we get home. Now that the weather is nice, we're trying to get out more and get more active.

I admit, I *hate* gyms and workout machines. I'd much rather walk, and I'd really like to give Zumba a try, because I love to move, even if I can't really dance. ;)

Anyone else from Columbus?
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    Hi I'm Brittany and I am from a small town near Sandusky. I unfortunately don't live in Ohio anymore due to hubby being in the military. I miss Ohio like no other and so does my husband!
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    From Canton and have been on MFP for a while ... Looking for friends closer to home.
    I walk the Monument steps and ride bike for exercise.
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    I live in Atlanta, but am from Willoughby OH, a northeastern Cleveland suburb. The love of my life still lives in the Cleveland area and I fly there often. I am new to MFP and am looking for any support in my weight loss journey. I am a 44 year old single mom of two awesome teenage girls. Good luck to all of my OH peeps!!
  • deethedemonhunter
    deethedemonhunter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dorothy. I am 27 years old and I am married to the love of my life. We live in Mount Vernon. I am a nanny by day. I absolutely LOVE the twin 5 yr old boys that I am with and I home school them! I have been with them for almost 3 years now.
    I have a cat, Ellie, who is our "baby" until we have an actually one:smile: . I am working on getting my weight back down to what it was when I was in high school. My MAJOR reward to myself once I hit that goal is spending a few days in the cabin that we stayed in for our honeymoon.
    Currently getting into running! Never saw that coming..but I LOVE it!
    Looking forward to meeting some fellow Ohioans!
  • carriepbm
    carriepbm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a retired teacher in Toledo, originally from Bryan. New to this group, currently following the 5:2 intermittent fasting method. Eventual goal to lose weight, but more important is to improve health.
  • ammiemcolvin
    Options
    Born and raised in southern Ohio and love the area! No longer live there but happy to hear and see other fellow Ohio peps getting together and showing some spirit!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm Chris. 32, grew up in Ada. I currently live in Lima.
  • thatonegirlinohio
    thatonegirlinohio Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm Nikki, 23, live in Cincinnati but from Christiansburg, which is just north of Dayton. I'm a mommy, a girlfriend, and a student. Roughly on MFP for 15 days so I'm still pretty new but doing well so far. I follow a 1,500 calorie diet and exercise as much as I can. I recently got a Fitbit Zip to help keep track of my calories burned and to help with motivation.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Melissa and I'm 31 years old. I'm a SAHM of 3 boys and full time student majoring in Sociology. I'm not originally from Ohio (I was born in Hawaii) but my husband grew up here. I've been a member for a couple years now. I lost 50lbs my first year but gained half of it back when I started school. So, here I am again wanting to lose what I recently gained and more. Always looking for motivated and serious pals on here with open diaries. :flowerforyou:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Springfield, Ohio here - originally from Atlanta, Georgia!