Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm from Youngstown, OH, born and raised. I'm a Cavs and Buckeyes fan but I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Pittsburgh Steelers. I've been married for almost 16 years and have two boys. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. I grew up in northern Michigan, but have resided in Mineral Ridge for the past 12 years. I never had too much of a weight problem until I had my last baby at the age of 41. I also have Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease ( in the MD family) which slows me down and makes weight loss a bigger challenge. I really enjoy living in Ohio, and all there is to see and do.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group. I am hoping to NOT find a lot of negative talk about the weather.
    I'm originally from northern Michigan, where it snowed on the 4th of July parade one year. You won't hear too much complaining from me on Ohio weather. Winters down here are nothing compared to what I'm used to! Up there, I would have to wear winter boots from November to April. Down here, I can wear my tennis shoes most of the time! :happy:

I spent the first 16 years of my life in Union. Then in other small towns in Ohio. I am currently living in Piqua, about 25 miles north of Dayton. I have been married twice, have eight children and ten grandchildren. I work full-time at Emerson Climate Technologies in Sidney, Ohio. I am an active member of the YMCA in Piqua. I am there at least five days a week and am taking three different classes. One of the Zumba. What fun !!!!
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My name is Gary, grew up in Lake County, now living the life in Charleston South Carolina. I visit at least once a year so i'd be interested to see what's new up Cleveland way. Add me to your list if you like
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am Robert. I grew up in Dayton. Now I am living in Columbus.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm Emily...born and raised in Ohio in a lttle town between Marion and Mansfield. I've lived in Tiffin, Republic, and Galion as an adult. I'm excited to see an Ohio page, but it looks like most people are from Cincy or Cleveland. I "big town" it in C-bus. I am a dispatchers for a local Law Enforement Agency (read: sit on my butt for 8 hours straight while the top half of my body is constantly in motion). I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and hope to be a good example for her by chosing a healthy lifestyle and losing my 90 extra pounds. I have decided to become a runner, so if you know of any good 5 or 10 ks in Ohio, please let me know. Happy Losing!

Fremont here, I worked in Tiffin, and ate at Fat Heads in Republic! I love that place!

Ahhh Fatheads... yes.. we got food from there at least twice a week... I haven't been there since 2002.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group. I am hoping to NOT find a lot of negative talk about the weather.
    I'm originally from northern Michigan, where it snowed on the 4th of July parade one year. You won't hear too much complaining from me on Ohio weather. Winters down here are nothing compared to what I'm used to! Up there, I would have to wear winter boots from November to April. Down here, I can wear my tennis shoes most of the time! :happy:

I spent the first 16 years of my life in Union. Then in other small towns in Ohio. I am currently living in Piqua, about 25 miles north of Dayton. I have been married twice, have eight children and ten grandchildren. I work full-time at Emerson Climate Technologies in Sidney, Ohio. I am an active member of the YMCA in Piqua. I am there at least five days a week and am taking three different classes. One of the Zumba. What fun !!!!

crazy4ja, are you saying that you are from Northern Michigan? Not sure if this is your words or not. I have family in the UP.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm Emily...born and raised in Ohio in a lttle town between Marion and Mansfield. I've lived in Tiffin, Republic, and Galion as an adult. I'm excited to see an Ohio page, but it looks like most people are from Cincy or Cleveland. I "big town" it in C-bus. I am a dispatchers for a local Law Enforement Agency (read: sit on my butt for 8 hours straight while the top half of my body is constantly in motion). I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and hope to be a good example for her by chosing a healthy lifestyle and losing my 90 extra pounds. I have decided to become a runner, so if you know of any good 5 or 10 ks in Ohio, please let me know. Happy Losing!

Fremont here, I worked in Tiffin, and ate at Fat Heads in Republic! I love that place!

Ahhh Fatheads... yes.. we got food from there at least twice a week... I haven't been there since 2002.

It has been a couple of years for us too!
  • heyshoorty
    Options
    Hiii! I'm Ashley. Born in Arizona, raised in dayton. :D I just joined myfitnesspal. Finally decided after two kids, and my dangerous love of bacon, it was time to get in shape and healthy so I can chase after my kiddos and to be a good example of healthy living and lifestyle for my children. :D
  • mrsdaylight
    Options
    Howdy Y'all!!! I've lived in Ohio all my life. I grew up in Cuyahoga Falls but now reside in the beautiful Hocking Hills area, great for exercise. I am a single mom of 3 beautiful children 2 of which are boy/girl twins. I have struggled with my weight my entire life but am now loosing the battle as I get older. :( I am no longer having a good life so I joined MFP to help me. I need all the support I can get. Keep on dancing for a good life.
  • Caro147
    Caro147 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I live in a little village called Frankfort, about 15 miles west of Chillicothe. I'm originally from London, Ohio, where I grew up. :smile:I just realized I posted in the wrong place...oh well. I have 3 grown children, who are currently in college.
  • Caro147
    Caro147 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hocking Hills is not all that far from me! That's so cool!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Angela. My mother insists my body wants to be fat. I'd like to prove her wrong. I was raised in West Milton, left for NM at 17, the Netherlands at 18, back to OH to study Psychology at W.S.U., married my high school sweetheart, moved to CT for 15 years, and back to OH for the last 8 years. I have two teen sons, both skateboarders and artists. My husband and I run a business, arts in education. Hiking, biking, zumba, gardening, and yoga keep me active. i'm starting to rotate HIIT into my week. I would love to lose 50 pounds. It seems to take months to lose a few pounds, and one day of eating what I want to put those pounds back. :( Ready to add a smiley face and pounds lost to my log. :) Nice to meet you all.
  • hlwolfe72
    hlwolfe72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Holley, wife, mother of 2 boys (ages 13 and 20) and 2 dogs. I was born in Alabama, but my family moved to Ohio along Grand Lake St. Marys when I was in 1st grade. I tried moving away after my divorce, but ended up moving back to the same small town I grew up in!

My weight gain started after my second son was born and has increased every year. It is definitely time it starts going the other way!
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Hellaine, 30 (31 in a few days) in the Dublin/Columbus area. I live with my husband and out two kids--a 9 year old daughter and a 9 month old son, Husband is a musician for a living, I'm a stay at home momma. My body went a little pear-shaped after having three subsequent pregnancies in a row while trying to concieve our now-son and I'd like to get it back into tip top condition I suppose! Maybe 15-25 more pounds, I don't know. Whatever looks and feels right. I've lost about twenty pounds previous to coming here via calorie counting, smart food choices and my Wii Fit--I adore my Wii Fit! I use the Biggest Loser Challeneg game and am happy witht he results so. Here's to keeping it up!

I'd love to start running sometime soon, that's my summer/fall goal.

Looking to meet new friends on here who are supportive and looking for support likewise!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Hi. I'm Angela. My mother insists my body wants to be fat. I'd like to prove her wrong. I was raised in West Milton, left for NM at 17, the Netherlands at 18, back to OH to study Psychology at W.S.U., married my high school sweetheart, moved to CT for 15 years, and back to OH for the last 8 years. I have two teen sons, both skateboarders and artists. My husband and I run a business, arts in education. Hiking, biking, zumba, gardening, and yoga keep me active. i'm starting to rotate HIIT into my week. I would love to lose 50 pounds. It seems to take months to lose a few pounds, and one day of eating what I want to put those pounds back. :( Ready to add a smiley face and pounds lost to my log. :) Nice to meet you all.

Hi Angela.....I was raised in Union. My grandmother and an uncle lived in West Milton. Small world.
  • amandalynn636
    amandalynn636 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi my names is Mandy and I am from a little town called Washington Court House, Ohio. There isn't a lot to do here but luckily we are only about an hours drive (give or take) from Columbus, Cincinnati or Dayton. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant but doing my best to stay healthy during my pregnancy,
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Aimee and I'm in Lima. I've been married 17 years and we have three teenagers, one fat cat, and three dogs (one Blue heeler, one Mini Dachshund, and one Standard Dachshund mix). I just a month ago started the couch to 5k program. A week in I got VERY sick and was down for 2 weeks....and then last week I was just still wiped out and very lazy. Back to it this week!!! :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

xoxo
    Aimee
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: amandalynn636, my favorite teacher in school left his teaching position to move to Washington Court House. He may not even be alive at this time. That was many years ago.

:flowerforyou: aimeeinohio, you may have noticed that I mentioned growing up in Union, Ohio. I now live in Piqua and work in Sidney. I guess that is not too far from you. Everyone I work with does their large shopping in Lima. I have never been there even though I have lived in Piqua since 1999.
  • Sunny_Sunflower
    Sunny_Sunflower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My name is Jaclyn, I currently live in Reynoldsburg outside of Columbus, I am orginally from the Cleveland area born and raised. I am 24 and looking to lose 100 pounds by next summer. I am new to the area and dont know very many people. add me please.