Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group. I am hoping to NOT find a lot of negative talk about the weather.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in Union. Then in other small towns in Ohio. I am currently living in Piqua, about 25 miles north of Dayton. I have been married twice, have eight children and ten grandchildren. I work full-time at Emerson Climate Technologies in Sidney, Ohio. I am an active member of the YMCA in Piqua. I am there at least five days a week and am taking three different classes. One of the Zumba. What fun !!!!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group! I am from Avon and have a wife and 2 beautiful children, they are my inspiration to live a healthier life. I love this site and find when I use the information and forums I have great success. Good luck to everybody hopefully we can develop a great support system of the best people in the country!

Ken
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So glad to see an Ohio group. Hello everyone, my name is Rebekah and I was born, raised and still live in Hilliard.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tyson. I am originally from NW Ohio (If you know where the Etch-a-Sketch or Spangler Candy Cane is made, you pegged my hometown). I have lived quite a few place when I was in school, I started at Toledo OH, Ada OH, Pittsburgh PA (McKee's Rocks), Beaver PA, and now Blacklick OH (east of Gahanna). Currently, I am splitting my time with getting healthier, and my career. I also play on a local Soccer League on Fridays (recreational). I have some family in the area but the majority is back home. I love to run in any weather and especially when its snowing (I know, it sounds crazy, but I am from NW OH).

I have been off and on with my healthy living this yr so I thought this would keep me on target.
    -tgar
    DUM DUM!!!! I took my son there two summers ago! He loved it! His name is the same as your town only with a i instead of a y! Does your town smell like circus peanuts?
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tyson. I am originally from NW Ohio (If you know where the Etch-a-Sketch or Spangler Candy Cane is made, you pegged my hometown). I have lived quite a few place when I was in school, I started at Toledo OH, Ada OH, Pittsburgh PA (McKee's Rocks), Beaver PA, and now Blacklick OH (east of Gahanna). Currently, I am splitting my time with getting healthier, and my career. I also play on a local Soccer League on Fridays (recreational). I have some family in the area but the majority is back home. I love to run in any weather and especially when its snowing (I know, it sounds crazy, but I am from NW OH).

I have been off and on with my healthy living this yr so I thought this would keep me on target.
    -tgar
    DUM DUM!!!! I took my son there two summers ago! He loved it! His name is the same as your town only with a i instead of a
    y! Does your town smell like circus peanuts?

Ok, I am sorry...I give. what are you talking about? What town is this?
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kelley. I grew up in Mansfield, Ohio and went to college at Wright State University in Dayton. I like in Sidney, Ohio with my husband and 3 children (Molly, Zach and Ethan). Molly goes to school at Urbana University and both boys are in the US Army reserves. I am a nurse-midwife and practice in Bellefontaine, Ohio.
  • abbylamb
    Options
    Hello! I'm Abby, I'm 32 and I live in Cleveland. I've been fat for as long as I can remember, and all the self-loathing that goes with it. I've yo-yo'd up and down many times. My highest weight being 298 (when pregnant) and my lowest being 193 (albeit briefly). I had laparascopic banding 2 years ago, and was thrilled. I dropped from 240 down to 195. And then I got pregnant and required a complete unfil. Well, that was just like a felon getting out on parole, and I inhaled everything in sight, and quickly ballooned back to 240, with it topping out at 255 at delivery. My son was born 4 months ago, and I've somehow managed to put on another 10 pounds, except that I have no excuse. I've gotten my band re-filled, but I can't seem to find the motivation that I used to have. So here I am trying this, hoping it will give me the boost i need to get back on track.
  • lamotz76
    lamotz76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im Laura from Canton Oh. Ive always struggled with my weight, but in recent years I have had 2 babies and developed fibromyalgia.. and have gained about 80 lbs. now my bp is up. and Im scared. I am is school right now to be a rehabilitation massage therapist. I love my career but i need to get healthy to help others : )
  • MeVsTheWorld
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Heather. I was born and raised in Indiana(the Milan/Lawrenceburg area), but have lived in Cincinnati for the past 3 years(Eastgate). I'm 27 years old... I didn't really struggle with my weight until I became an adult. I started gaining a little bit when I was in college. I was a graphic designer for 6 years, so I lived a pretty sedetary life. I was making new friends at work and all they wanted to do was go out to lunch every day. So I went along with it and didn't think of the consequences. It seemed like I woke up one morning and I was fat. Like I exploded overnight. haha. I'm in school now for cosmetology. Although I'm on my feet all day, I'm still not super active. I'm going to change that! It's so nice to meet everyone and I hope we can all keep each other movitated to get us where we are going in life!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome to the group Heather. I can see why you would be good at cosmetology. You are a very pretty girl. Well, at least you will be on your feet during work and not sitting on your behind. You can always dance around your clients.:laugh:
  • MeVsTheWorld
    Options
    Aw, shucks! Thank you! And maybe I should do that! haha! My clients would think I'm crazy!
  • riaketty
    riaketty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ket. I'm 24 with two kids (girls 3 and 4). I live just east of Columbus.

"Welcome to Ohio... now you're stuck here!" is about right. I moved from Missouri a few years ago and haven't left yet!
  • sfergie
    sfergie Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I’m Shelly….I live in Cincinnati! Married to my high school sweetheart, wonderful son who is 14 and TWO boxers! Thanks for starting an Ohio group!
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Suzanne
    I'm from Cincinnati but currently living about 80 miles east in Adams County.
    Great to see so many Ohioans here!
    Gotta Love it! :smile:
  • trubly
    trubly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Tammy and I live about 30 miles NE of Cincinnati. I am married with 3 kids and 2 dogs.
    Slowly been losing weight over the past few years and hoping to get the last 20 or so off this year.
    I started running last Spring and although I am really slow.... I do enjoy it. I also love working out at
    Curves.
    Happy to find this Ohio group! Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck to everyone on their journey to better health!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Tammy, just where about is 30 miles NE of Cincinnati? I am wondering if you are anywhere close to me.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 42 years old married and live in NE Ohio with my wife and 2 kids. One is a teenager, uggg. I have been fairly skinny for half of my life. I got out of the navy in 1994 and was 190. I am 6’2 so that was an ok weight. I have since over the years slowly but surely made it to 278. I seem to carry my weight well since most seem shocked when I disclose my actual weight. Never the less I have been day dreaming of weight loss for years always saying maybe next week. But next week never arrives.
    Since I bought an iPad and found this nifty tracker and site I have been motivated and have already gotten myself down to 268 as of today. My ultimate goal is to hit 180 by end of September.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is that I have suffered from chemical depression for most of my life and take medications that have helped me cope. But over the last year or so it seems that my weight is now effecting things like testosterone and I might be developing sleep apnea. We have upped the meds but I still felt a great loss of energy taking naps server times a day when not at work. So I said its time to get serious and now I am here. Even though my weight is high I have been blessed with normal blood pressure, cholesterol and no sign of diabetes.

Hope I can meet some encouraging friends here so we can help each other out.
  • karnold14
    Options
    Hi ya'll I'm Katie. I grew up in Athens, Ohio and currently live in Chicago. I decided to join myfitnesspal in order to track what I put into my body. I have recently decided to look into figure competitions and find a way to gain some muscle. When I think of Ohio I miss my family the most. I wish you all the best on your goals!
  • karnold14
    Options
    I miss Kroger too!!!
  • apucci
    apucci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! The name's Ashley, live near Canton, OH.

I've had a MFP account for what seems like forever but never really used it consistently. I'm hoping if I join some groups and make some friends I might actually stick with it. (I've also joined a Biggest Loser competition at work)

I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs by mid June.