Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Buckeyes! Im Brittany. I am born and raised here in central ohio.

25 y.o., married and working on the kids part... LoL I have 3 dogs and 2 cats so getting plenty of practice. Been trying to lose weight since 2009 but got up to my highest weight this year of 206 :-(. Exercising is easy for me, its the eating part that is a challenge. I am a stress/emotional eater so doing anything else is my goal.

Some of my fave ways to burn calories is to walk, hike or run with my dog. I also have a wii with some awesome workout games as well. My iPhone and Polar FT60 are my fave gadgets though.

I'm always looking to make new friends so feel free to add me and maybe we can get together to break a sweat!
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    I'm Shawn and i was born in Cleveland baby, i now live in a small town in washington state call Orting but man do i miss the Big OH10.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ohio Folks -

My name is Anita ~ I grew up in Parma, and have lived in Cleveland, Valley City, and Medina. It seems like the Dayton/Cininnati area is much better represented than the Cleveland Area.

Best of luck to you all in your new healthy lifestyles, and feel free to friend if you'd like. Please add a note that you're from the Ohio group :)
  • brittanymilliken
    Options
    Hi all! Im another Brittany lol! I'm in the Akron/ Canton area... so if anyone else- hit me up!! I have always wanted to lose weight and I've steadily put it on over the years. I'm getting married in August to a guy I've been with for 7 years, I have a 2.5 year old daughter-they're my everything. My fiance is muchhh thinner than myself so I want to lose weight for the obvious reasons-being healthy & looking good, but just to have a better, more enjoyable life!! Haven't had much suggest in the past, hopefully this time will be different.

We eat VERY healthy for the most part, only problem is splurging when we go out to eat ( normally 2x a week)... don't buy pop, snack cakes or junk like that. The meats we eat are 97/3 ground beed, ground turkey, boneless skinless chicken breast, an occassional roast (all fat trimmed off).

So I know my eating isn't the problem, it's the lack of excercise-for sure. Ive been dealing with some health problems that's been causing me chronic pain for the past 3 years (started when I got pregnant and continued). I had surgery 3 weeks ago and am almost completely healed!!! In another week I will be fully released to do whatever I want physically so I am going to be kicking my butt into gear for sure!! I have 139 days until I leave for my destination wedding, 4 months & 18 days, I gotta get a move on!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Tim from Lima, OH kind of new to the MFP message boards. Feel free to add, I am looking forward to loosing the extra weight and getting back in shape.

Welcome Tim. I work in Sidney and live in Piqua.
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm Chris from Lewis Center. I've been using MFP since the beginning of March and I love it! It's the perfect companion with getting off my butt and exercising :)
  • moremoore
    Options
    Hi I am Jennifer and live near Kent! I am 29 and going to Graduate School at Notre Dame College for Special Education. I coach competitive speech and debate and lost 50 lbs two years ago. I then broke my ankle and was in a cast for 3 months. Shooting my diet and exercise motivation to the pot. So here I am trying to lose the 20 lbs I gained. A few more would be nice. Anyways I am all about challenges, support, and meeting up to work out or chit chat or whatever.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall
    Im Jenn and im 30 :) I live in Shelby which is near Mansfield or as i say Mantucky lol :) Nice to meet you all .. Add if you want
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall
    Im Jenn and im 30 :) I live in Shelby which is near Mansfield or as i say Mantucky lol :) Nice to meet you all .. Add if you want

Mantucky??? Gee, that sounds a lot like where I live, affectionately known as "Brunstucky" (or Brunswick according to the technically correct maps) :wink:
  • ReeseM1984
    Options
    My name is Theresa. I live in Cleveland. I'm going to be 28 at the end of the month. I'm focusing on losing weight and becoming healthier for my daughter.
  • Shell8ug
    Shell8ug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My name is Shelley. I live in the Xenia/Wilmington/Caesars Creek area. I am a mom/grandma looking to get stronger and more fit and svelte. I'd like to reduce the size of my butt, be able to keep up with my daughter and just feel stronger. I am looking for an exercise partner who would like to walk or to attend zumba with to encourage each other.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome Shelley.
  • moremoore
    Options
    Hi all anyone near Twinsburg or have a powerhouse gym membership? I could use a Zumba buddy or a workout friend. Add me or let me know
  • Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristy in Huber Heights Ohio. I grew up in Fairborn, Ohio and briefly lived in Mechanicsburg Ohio (all Dayton Ohio area). I started MFP in Dec 2011. I worked full time, homeschool my 5th grade son, have a 2 year old daughter, and have been married for 15 years. I have brachymatarsia which makes cardiovascular exercise rough. Not to mention finding time. So my "food program" is where I count on making most of my weight loss count. But I've enjoyed the support of MFP friends to help me not get discouraged. I'm 110 days in. I will NOT get discouraged, though the "weight loss" has been slow, for all the mental effort it takes to lose weight ....
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm Emily...born and raised in Ohio in a lttle town between Marion and Mansfield. I've lived in Tiffin, Republic, and Galion as an adult. I'm excited to see an Ohio page, but it looks like most people are from Cincy or Cleveland. I "big town" it in C-bus. I am a dispatchers for a local Law Enforement Agency (read: sit on my butt for 8 hours straight while the top half of my body is constantly in motion). I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and hope to be a good example for her by chosing a healthy lifestyle and losing my 90 extra pounds. I have decided to become a runner, so if you know of any good 5 or 10 ks in Ohio, please let me know. Happy Losing!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm Emily...born and raised in Ohio in a lttle town between Marion and Mansfield. I've lived in Tiffin, Republic, and Galion as an adult. I'm excited to see an Ohio page, but it looks like most people are from Cincy or Cleveland. I "big town" it in C-bus. I am a dispatchers for a local Law Enforement Agency (read: sit on my butt for 8 hours straight while the top half of my body is constantly in motion). I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and hope to be a good example for her by chosing a healthy lifestyle and losing my 90 extra pounds. I have decided to become a runner, so if you know of any good 5 or 10 ks in Ohio, please let me know. Happy Losing!

Fremont here, I worked in Tiffin, and ate at Fat Heads in Republic! I love that place!
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm Meghan from Cleveland, Ohio. I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS AN OHIO GROUP! Wish I had known sooner. Feel free to add me or shoot a message. I could sure use the support or a friend.....or I can be supportive.

Good luck to you all on your goals!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm Loren, a 26 year old second grade teacher living in the New Albany area. I got engaged in November and am using that to fuel the fire to get healthy. I have a June 2013 wedding date, and have found the dress, just waiting to buy the dress!
    Hey Yall

Mantucky??? Gee, that sounds a lot like where I live, affectionately known as "Brunstucky" (or Brunswick according to the technically correct maps) :wink:

Brunswick! My fiance is from Arlington!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm Tonika, I live in the Cleveland area
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    A big welcome to the Cleveland people. Let's get this thread rolling.