Introduce yourself!

Options
calliope_music
calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
i'm Chani! i'm 26 and live in the Cleveland area with my husband and my cat who thinks he's a Golden Retriever. i've struggled with my weight my entire life and finally am trying to get healthy enough to have a family in the future.

i like to exercise and i enjoy the elliptical, swimming, biking, hiking, and most outdoorsy things including swimming.

by day i'm a social worker and by night, i'm still a social worker because i have tons of paperwork to do.

i started this group in hope that we can all inform each other about awesome places in the state of Ohio so that if we travel, we always know a great place to go! post reviews of restaurants, gyms, stores, whatever! maybe in the future we can have a meet up or something :D

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Brandy and I was born raised and still live in Dayton Ohio. I have 3 kids and two doggy kids and I am married. I work as a teacher assistant and am going to school full time to become a teacher. I have only struggled with weight since my 1st pregnancy and gained almost 100 lbs partly due to having hypothyroidism and it just got worse with each one. I have a gym membership but due to my crazy schedule rarely get to go, so I do alot of DVD exercises. I have lost 65 lbs and have about 45 more to go to get to my goal. Fellow Ohioans/Buckeyes feel free to add me as a friend
  • rice161
    Options
    Thanks for forming the group! I'm Angie, a native to Ohio that has been transplanted to Arizona, Texas, Michigan (boo!), and now North Carolina. I too have struggled with my weight, having gone from a high of 310 about 10 years ago, a low of about 170 7-8 years ago, and now currently at 217 after having lost 65 lbs this year. Not sure where this journey is headed for me, but I am enjoying being active and eating healthier. I used Weight Watchers before but didn't know how to live OFF the program! No program this time... just the chance to make better choices daily!

I take Zumba classes and walk my dog frequently. I LOVE water activities and have kayaked, tubed, snorkeled, etc...my goal is the kayak in Alaska so I've got more work to do if I expect to turn a sea kayak over if I flip!

I'm originally from Chillicothe, Ohio, and I went to THE Ohio State University.. GO BUCKS!
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheryl. I live in the Columbus area. I'm married with 2 kids (first grader & 4yo). I'm currently staying at home--or what I call stuck at home; we only have one car & the new school schedule makes it next to impossible to get DH to work on time. I haven't exercised in a L O N G time but am starting slow with some walking workout DVDs & I've picked up some others to try from the library.
    I also am hypothyroid & have a whole set of issues going on there; debating finding another doctor but having a hard time finding someone who will prescribe something other than synthroid.
  • LisaDodson
    LisaDodson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • LisaDodson
    LisaDodson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa. I'm from Marion, Ohio originally. Now I live in WV, just across the river. I do Yoga daily, but other than that, I hate to exercise. I love food and have a hard time denying myself. I have been slowly trying to improve my health. Several years ago, I mostly switched to homemade healthier food, but still slip up occasionally. Now I want to add more exercise and really reduce my food consumption to more reasonable levels.

Great to have others that understand what I am going through and give support.

Buckeyes rule! :happy:
  • TimKirkwood
    Options
    Hey All, I'm Tim. I live halfway between Cincy and Dayton in Franklin. Was born here, lived in downtown Cincy for a few years and returned to Franklin. I love this little town. I have always struggled with my weight. But things didn't get real bad till I was married. Working long hours and having more bills than what we should have, caused us to eat late and eat junk. I quickly put on A LOT of weight. Skipping over 11 years of details, brings us to today. I am down 114 with 150 to go. I hope to keep the pace that I have lost the first 114, but it seems to be slowing down a bit. I really enjoy the bike trail that runs thru my little town. Its a 80 mile trail that goes from hamilton to piqua along the miami river. Its very scenic and relaxing. I guess thats it for now. :O)

Hope to see you all around!
  • tfosalabi
    Options
    Hi, I'm Teresa! I am from and currently live in Columbus with my husband and my economics books.

I feel like I have always been trying to lose weight. Recently, I got married and before the wedding lost 17 lbs and I have already put that back on so not too happy about that right now. A coworker introduced me to this site and I am really motivated by it so far. I struggle with being consistent and I think that this tool is helping me to break that bad habit.

Nice to meet all of you!
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Sarah. I was born and raised in Ohio, grew up in Middletown but currently live in Hamilton (really more Fairfield, but with a Hamilton mailing address.) My main focus is on health and fitness, I've never been good about exercising and my regular diet consists of all carbs, I love that this site focuses on fitness and I can keep track of my nutrients. If anyone wants to friend me I love to give/receive support.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Barbara! I lived in Cincinnati for about a year, was an exchange student at UC - COB. Really enjoyed my time there and have to admit, that I really miss Cincy and my friends there! I love to exercise, but due to my busy schedule I'm sometimes too tired to go to the gym or workout at home! Participating in various challenges here on facebook helps me with that! Feel free to friend me!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    hi i'm alyssa and live in napoleon ohio (northwest corner of state). was born in defiance and raised there. moved to napoleon after getting married. i have little ones and i work night shift as a labor and delivery nurse. looooove working out even if i am dead flat exhausted. i joined this site after having my 3rd baby this past december
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Patty, thanks for making an Ohio group! I'm a nurse and I love my job. I've struggled with self image all my life but really put the Lbs on in college and want to shed them now. I grew up in the Cincy area, was living in Columbus for school, and just graduated and moved to Cleveland for a job!
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber, born and raised in Ohio. I've lived all over the state between work and school. Right now I live in a little town sort of in the middle of Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. I love living in a state that has all four season, but the cold is my favorite. I miss all the snow I got living in northern ohio since I live farther south now.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I'm Tim. I live halfway between Cincy and Dayton in Franklin.
    My best friend and I call the area between Cincy and Dayton the CinciDayton area. I lived in Milford and time wise it is between the two.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    *stand up* Hello.. My name is Tiana and I live near Cincinnati. *sits down*
    I have lived in Ohio my entire live (minus 6 weeks in Georgia when I was 18 and 19 months in AZ up till March of this year) I have been overweight since I hit puberty at 9 1/2 and have been struggling with my weight since then. I am currently only 10 pounds away from the heaviest I have ever been (that was 2 weeks after I had my second child) and I am sick and tired of being overweight. I want to be thinner and healthier to live a longer happier life for myself and my son. My son doesnt say it out loud, but I know the fact that I am overweight and do not have the energy to play with him the way he wants really hurts him.
  • ladym04
    Options
    Hi I'm Melanie. I live in Delaware and was raised in Toledo. I have four kids. I work second shift and i'm away from them alot so i try to make up for it on the weekends. I just joined a gym about a week ago. So far i love it but i have a history of not sticking to things. Im looking to make some friends and build a support team of people who are also trying to loose weight and become healthy.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy and I've lived in Ohio most of my life. I'm in the Dayton area currently. No kids, no pets but I have a significant other that acts like both. Not sure what else to say so if you have questions, you can ask! :smile:
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Caroline...love that there's an Ohio group! :) Hope everyone is having a great night so far! :smile:
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Reba! I live in Medina, OH. I have a 21 yr. old daughter & am currently going through a divorce. Ready to be a sexy, single woman again! 6lbs. from my goal & ready for change!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Teresa. I've lived in Ohio since I was 10 (40 years ago now!) and currently live in Columbus. I have 2 grown sons and 4 beautiful grandchildren and another one on the way (March 2012!) I'm an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan and of course a BUCKEYES fan!

Nice to meet you all!
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Mystie. I grew up in a little, itty, bitty town near Findlay, Ohio, but moved to Columbus, Ohio 11 years ago. I am an artist/painter. I am also a semi power lifter with aspirations of one becoming a body builder.

It's nice to see a group dedicated to Ohio.