Options

Replies

• anthemforagirl
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am Lacey... from the Cleveland area.
  • mollymcawesome
    Options
    Hey, I'm Molly! Born and raised in a small town near Youngstown, now living in Lakewood just west of Cleveland. I love Ohio, and only ever want to leave if I know I'm coming right back.

I live with my cat Avery, who adopted me when I went to the Cleveland APL looking for a kitten. My family is still down by Youngstown, but I have the most amazing friend-family I could hope for here. I've got an exciting year coming up-- I'm going to be an honorary aunt and a sister-in-law! I like to knit, and I've got a LOT of knitting to do for the mom-to-be and for the happy couple, so I'm going to really need to focus on keeping up with exercise instead of parking myself in front of the TV with a pile of yarn.

I really want to start a couch to 5k program, but haven't got the motivation yet. If anyone wants to hold me accountable, please do!
  • BeginningNew2012
    Options
    Hi! My name is Stephanie and I'm born n raised in Toledo. I live with my wonderful boyfriend and my handsome lil man (3mo. son). Just moved near a small park so definatley starting 2 get on a daily walking routine.
  • melb747
    melb747 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im Melissa and I am 23 years old. I live in Wapakoneta, Ohio! Its hometown of Neil Armstrong (first man on the moon) and Kent Boyd (So You Think You Can Dance). Anyways... I have LOTS of weight to lose therefore I need LOTS of support! :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Allison and I live in Dayton Ohio. Would love new friends!
  • mlhandsmp
    mlhandsmp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm Stephanie, 33yo, from Norwalk area!
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica! 27 and from Canton! I love nautre, photography and being crafty! I need inspirational friends :]
  • pixiehicks07
    pixiehicks07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Heather and I am 24! I just moved to Rittman but was born and raised near Norwalk. I lived there till I got married in 2007 and then moved overseas to Germany with my husband who is in the military. We lived there for about 3 years and seen everything! It was amazing. We moved back here in August of 2010 and have been here ever since. I have 2 boys at ages 17 months and 2 months. I know people say I'm crazy for having them so close but I love it. As of right now I am a stay at home mother and love every minute of it. I'm hoping to lose some weight to be healthier for my boys and myself. I wish all of you the best of luck with all of your goals.
  • pixiehicks07
    Options
    Hi all! Im another Brittany lol! I'm in the Akron/ Canton area... so if anyone else- hit me up!! I have always wanted to lose weight and I've steadily put it on over the years. I'm getting married in August to a guy I've been with for 7 years, I have a 2.5 year old daughter-they're my everything. My fiance is muchhh thinner than myself so I want to lose weight for the obvious reasons-being healthy & looking good, but just to have a better, more enjoyable life!! Haven't had much suggest in the past, hopefully this time will be different.

We eat VERY healthy for the most part, only problem is splurging when we go out to eat ( normally 2x a week)... don't buy pop, snack cakes or junk like that. The meats we eat are 97/3 ground beed, ground turkey, boneless skinless chicken breast, an occassional roast (all fat trimmed off).

So I know my eating isn't the problem, it's the lack of excercise-for sure. Ive been dealing with some health problems that's been causing me chronic pain for the past 3 years (started when I got pregnant and continued). I had surgery 3 weeks ago and am almost completely healed!!! In another week I will be fully released to do whatever I want physically so I am going to be kicking my butt into gear for sure!! I have 139 days until I leave for my destination wedding, 4 months & 18 days, I gotta get a move on!!

I am new to this. Can you tell I didn't know how to reply! LOL
  • pixiehicks07
    Options
    Hi all! Im another Brittany lol! I'm in the Akron/ Canton area... so if anyone else- hit me up!! I have always wanted to lose weight and I've steadily put it on over the years. I'm getting married in August to a guy I've been with for 7 years, I have a 2.5 year old daughter-they're my everything. My fiance is muchhh thinner than myself so I want to lose weight for the obvious reasons-being healthy & looking good, but just to have a better, more enjoyable life!! Haven't had much suggest in the past, hopefully this time will be different.

We eat VERY healthy for the most part, only problem is splurging when we go out to eat ( normally 2x a week)... don't buy pop, snack cakes or junk like that. The meats we eat are 97/3 ground beed, ground turkey, boneless skinless chicken breast, an occassional roast (all fat trimmed off).

So I know my eating isn't the problem, it's the lack of excercise-for sure. Ive been dealing with some health problems that's been causing me chronic pain for the past 3 years (started when I got pregnant and continued). I had surgery 3 weeks ago and am almost completely healed!!! In another week I will be fully released to do whatever I want physically so I am going to be kicking my butt into gear for sure!! I have 139 days until I leave for my destination wedding, 4 months & 18 days, I gotta get a move on!!

I live in Rittman! I used to live in Barberton and would always go to Canton to the Mall.
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy and I'm from a small town in northwest ohio.
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    I am Brandon from Southwest Ohio, on here for support and motivation, looking to lose 100, down 20 so far.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I live in Engagement Ohio (it's half way between datin' and marryin' :happy: ). Seriously, I'm from NW Ohio and have lived in Ohio my whole life. I've dropped 28lbs since 2/29 and have 20 more to go. I'm in my last phase of P90X and following a Leangains style of eating. Love the Browns and the Buckeyes. I think this group is a great idea, and now I'm going to see what's here.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello all. I live in Engagement Ohio (it's half way between datin' and marryin' :happy: ). Seriously, I'm from NW Ohio and have lived in Ohio my whole life. I've dropped 28lbs since 2/29 and have 20 more to go. I'm in my last phase of P90X and following a Leangains style of eating. Love the Browns and the Buckeyes. I think this group is a great idea, and now I'm going to see what's here.
    LOL :) LOVE IT! Only Ohioans would get that joke... or know that in our case Marryin' is between Datin' and Engagement
    Only Ohioans know the correct response to this too:

OH!
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Amy. I'm 32 and originally from the east coast of Canada but I've been living in C-Bus for the last 8 years.
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Brad here, just hit 40 and finally getting my act together. Have a 4 year old daughter and live just north of Cincy. Moved here in 2005, but originally from NJ. Love it here.

The food part has been easy for once now I just need to get motivated for the exercise portion. I know once I put the two together I will drop the remaining 60lbs I have set for my goal quick.

This site has been a huge motivator and the more friends the merrier!

Would love to make more friends and meet new people.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Holly, 32 yo living in good ol'Sunbury; a small farm town north of Columbus. Lived in Ohio pretty much all of my life, but I'll be honest and say a part of my heart belongs to Tennessee and the Vols as I went to school there. :) Been on MFP since Janurary and currently at maintenance level. Training for my first 1/2 marathon in Columbus in October.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im from Northern Mich too, and miss it tons. I live in west Chester, 2 kids, and a hubbuy. I LOVE the gym. add me if you want!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm Trula and born and raised in Ohio. I grew up in Cincinnati and now live in Avon Lake, near Cleveland. Great to be here!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Kim and I was born and raised in Toledo. I now live with my husband on a farm in Swanton. I am the mother of 4 grown kids, two boys and two girls. I am also a grandmother we have 3 granddaughters and our fourth is on the way in Oct. I'm 46, working on 47. I'm happy to have found this group. I am in the process of trying to lose 75 more lbs. I've already lost 25 by cutting out carbs. We no longer have any sugar, white flour, potato's, bread, you know all the good, bad stuff. I am looking forward to meeting more friends from Ohio and I wish you all the best of luck, Kim.