Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• MizzusJonez
    Options
    Hi im Tiffanie and I was born in ohio, moved away for about 12 yrs while my father was in the military and have been back for the past 16 yrs. I am a mother of 5 children and 1 grand child even tho i am 39.
    As a child i never had to worry bout my weight or what i ate and now that I am about 15 lbs over weight i am having blood pressure problems. BC (before children) i was always walking somewhere, underweight, and didnt care what i ate as long as it wasnt seafood or meat other than a cheeseburger...lol
    i have made it a point to start eating healthier and exercising on a regular basis again. I have a few family members on MFP for support but I think that I am needing a lil extra help, especially with recipies and such.
    i have been a member for a few weeks now and I am ready to really shed some lbs.
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    aaron...just turned 26.....live just outisde wooster ohio.....love it. feel free to hit me up.
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lauren and I'm 27. I was born and raised in a suburb of Cleveland and went to Kent. When I graduated college I moved to Maryland for 4 years where I really struggled with my weight. I moved back to the Cleveland area this past summer and currently work as a high school math teacher.

I'm trying to get myself back into shape! I used to be a swimmer (both speed and synchronized) all throughout my life and would love getting back into that. So far I have not had enough courage to get in a bathing suit and hop in a pool since moving back home. I do workout daily (elliptical, yoga, weights, running, spin classes) and I LOVE MFP! I haven't utilized the support system here yet so I am really looking forward to doing so.
  • scottishlass78
    Options
    I'm Charla, 33, originally from Lakeview, moved to Columbus for 10 years, and now back to good ole Logan County, Belle Center more specifically. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, a volunteer EMT, and a computer geek in a hospital MIS Department.

I've been on the weight loss bandwagon before, trying things like Weight Watchers (which worked, but I fell off the wagon), and now I've made a new resolution to myself to battle the bulge to be a healthier me for myself, my family and friends, and maybe motivate/inspire someone else to make that lifestyle change along the way. I do struggle with hypothyroidism, which makes it a little more difficult to metabolize anything, but with my support net at home, my friends, and now my online buddies, I hope to make the most of everyday, one day at a time...
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Hi I'm Dawn! I was born and raised in Alaska until about 4 years ago when my husband and I moved to Columbus when he started at OSU. Let me just say that I LOVE Ohio! :)
    My husband and I both put on a little extra weight after we got married, and we're both trying to get back in shape. He likes to climb mountains (and I do too sometimes) so it will be nice when I can climb montains without being out of breath!
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to both of us getting into better shape and exploring more of Ohio and the lower 48 states!
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sara and I am 26 years old. I grew up in Ohio but had moved away when I went active duty for the Air Force. I got out and wound up back in Ohio but live in Toledo. I am about an hour away from my family/friends and am realizing that there are not very active people in this area! Single, no kids, finished with college(as of now) so no excuses holding me back at this point.
  • KJames1980
    KJames1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Kim and I am 31 years old. My husband and I live in rural Ohio, around the Findlay, and Lima area. I am new to myfitnesspal and am also a new mom. I didn't gain very much weight during my pregnancy only 6 pounds total but I started out at 247lbs. At my 6 wk PP check I was weighing in at 235 so I feel that being down 12 pounds from prepregancy is a good start. I want to lose weight so that I can be healthy for my son and keep up with him when he is older. I have be a large woman since high school 15 years ago. I originally was a size 7-8 and gained all my weight quickly when I started having severe migraines. I have never been able to lose it only gain more, so I am excited to be going down in size. Looking forward to working with all you towards all our goals.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hey, it looks like this group is growing. Glad to see it ,but I am so behind in keeping up. Sorry :blushing:

:flowerforyou: Dawn, I would have to think that Ohio weather must seem very mild to you.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Charla, I am hoping that you find the online help here that will support you.

:flowerforyou: Wow Lauren, you are very active. Wonderful !! How do you like spinning? I am doing that and find that it is quite intense. But, also very good at burning the calories.

:flowerforyou: Kim, I live in Piqua. Work in Sidney. You are probably the closest Ohio group member to me. Your son is so sweet.:heart:

:flowerforyou: Sara, I have a son and a daughter living in Toledo. My son and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby. My daughter is living with them til she can find work and her own place. She is 20.

Welcome to all the new people. I am hoping that we can make this group a busy, helpful one.:happy:
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    Hey, it looks like this group is growing. Glad to see it ,but I am so behind in keeping up. Sorry :blushing:

:flowerforyou: Dawn, I would have to think that Ohio weather must seem very mild to you.:smile:

The Ohio weather is awesome! I love the heat in the summer, the mild winters and the awesome storms!
  • Swissmiss
    Options

The Ohio weather is awesome! I love the heat in the summer, the mild winters and the awesome storms!

I am so glad that I am not the only one who loves this changing weather.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Brandy and I'm a born and bred Ohioan, lol. I grew up in the East Cincinnati area (Amelia, Batavia, Bethel), went to school in Athens at Ohio University (not the State school, tyvm). :wink: Met my husband in Athens and we moved to Columbus (land of the Buckeyes, apparently) after graduating. Currently, we're in Delaware and loving it up here! We have 2 daughters (almost 8 and 5), 2 dogs, 3 cats and 3 fish. It's a super full house here and there's never a lack of things to do!

As for why I'm on mfp. This place has been amazing for me! I've struggled with my weight (and very low self-esteem) since puberty. I've done Atkins, WW, and low calorie diets with some success and then I quit and gain again. My thyroid was removed in 2007 due to some nodules on it, so I do have hypothyroidism. But, I've decided that I'm worth the effort and that I need to be a role model for my daughters. They're actually my biggest motivation. I try to not be a 'do as I say not as I do' parent, so if I want them to eat healthy and be active, then I need to eat healthy and be active. We have recently joined the Y and are loving it! I'm working out 5 days a week and am planning to run the Commit to be Fit 5K in May. Perhaps I'll see some of you there?

I'm so glad to have found this group!
  • OhioGirl0661
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Lisa & I live in Nelsonville, Ohio - I work at Hocking College. I discovered MFP after leaving Weight Watchers. I was on it for years and did well when I could track, but not so great for long periods of time. I'm hoping I can stick to this one more! :) So far so good. I'm 38 years old, single (divorced), no kids, two cats .... Life is good. :)

I'm hoping to make connections so I have lots of reasons to come back - would love to see a hiking/walking group where we could meet in different parts of the state.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome Lisa, nate and Bmontgomery61. Glad that we are getting more people from Ohio at this site. Please post and keep us updated on your progress.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just join this group. I live in Fremont. I am glad I found this group!
  • scottishlass78
    Options
    Hello all! Born and bred in Ohio. I grew up at Indian Lake, and have lived the last 17 years in Columbus. I love this state but hate the gloom (especially this time of year). I live with my hubby, 2 dogs and a kitty who thinks he's a dog. Go Bucks!

Small world...I graduated from Indian Lake, moved to Columbus for 10 years, now back in Logan County...lol
  • mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm Jason.

Married dad to two awesome little kids.

I live in a town called Archbold, about an hour from Toledo.

I've been doing P90X, for 49 days, as of this post. Joined MFP on day 18.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I’m Christina, 32, and have 2 boys, ages 2 & 7. I have lived in NE Ohio since 1993. Currently my hubby and I are in Middleburg Heights. I joined MFP last November and love the site. MFP has helped me so much by keeping me motivated and helped me to stay focused. Plus, the people I have met on the site have been very inspirational.

Since 2009, I have been a member of a local gym and worked out 2-3 times a week for the first time ever. When I started working out, I was 185 pounds, wearing a size 16. Today I am 140 and squeezing into a size 6! I was however stuck on a plateau for a long time. Thanks to MFP, I realized my workouts were great, but I was eating WAY too many calories a day! Now I am much more aware of everything I consume.

I recently started running and can’t wait for the warm weather to get here, and stay! The Cleveland MetroParks are close to home and have awesome paths for running and bike riding.

It’s great to meet all the Ohioans on MFP and best of luck to you all! Feel free to add me add me as a MFP buddy. :)

O-H-I-O!!
  • amber_simmering
    Options
    Hi to all! My name is Amber. I used to live in Willowick,Ohio and now I live in Portsmouth, Ohio. I moved down here almost 5 years ago to be with my now husband. I have been married for almost the whole 5 years since I moved. I have 2 kids,my daughter is 4 and my son is 2. I have been overweight my whole life. Haven't been under 200 since I was about 10. Since I had my 2 kids I gained alot more weight. Trying my hardest to lose the weight but haven't got the whole dieting done just yet,working on that. My goal weight is about 180,I am hoping to hit that weight on or before my birthday in October this year. If you want to know more about me just ask =D
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Tim from Lima, OH kind of new to the MFP message boards. Feel free to add, I am looking forward to loosing the extra weight and getting back in shape.