Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm cheryl and I live in a suburb of Cleveland, ohio. I'm married with one son, and work full time as a nurse casemanager in hospice.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live on the east side of Columbus! I'm originally from northern Ontario, Canada, but I've lived in Columbus about 13 years. Great city we have here! :)

I like to get people together for MFP meetups now and then. It's great to get some like-minded people together to share triumphs and trials. Msg me for info about the next meeting if you think you'd like to join us. The more the merrier!

Upcoming meetups:

December: Jingle Bell 5k walk/run. Get your reindeer antlers ready and come on out for a fun walk/run on Sat. December 3rd. Here's the link to join our team: http://www.jinglebellruncolumbus.kintera.org/slh. $25 registration fee supports the Arthritis Foundation.

January: Healthy potluck and games. Date/Time TBD
  • kirstenkerr
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Kirsten. I'm born & raised inColumbus. Currently living on the North side of town. I "escaped" for a few years for high school (Exeter, NH) & college (Santa Barbara, CA), but I'm here to stay, at least until the hubby gets a job somewhere warm;)

I'm all in to support/get support. Weight issues are so much more than just food, so I hope we can help each other out.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll!!!!!! I was born and raised in OHIO specifically Dayton.My father wasborn and raised in Cincinnati. I had an older brother who went to Ohio State for 1 year. He also went to University of Cincinnati. I went to Ohio University for 1 year. I live in Maryland now. When I go back home andI see the conditions of my home city I get depressed. :(
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hey yall. I'm Brittany. I was born and raised in a town called Amelia, a little bit outside of Cincinnati. I lived there until I was 18, then I moved to South Dakota for my now husband. I'm in college now, and as soon as I graduate, I'm moving back to da Nati! I still crave Skyline, root for the Reds and Bengals, miss seeing a Kroger store lol. I used to hate living in Ohio, but now I yearn for it everyday. Can't wait until the day I move back!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    hey yall. I'm Brittany. I was born and raised in a town called Amelia, a little bit outside of Cincinnati. I lived there until I was 18, then I moved to South Dakota for my now husband. I'm in college now, and as soon as I graduate, I'm moving back to da Nati! I still crave Skyline, root for the Reds and Bengals, miss seeing a Kroger store lol. I used to hate living in Ohio, but now I yearn for it everyday. Can't wait until the day I move back!
    I dated someone in Amelia. I know how you feel. I moved out of ohio for a year and a half and all I wanted to do was go back. I couldnt wait to leave, but then couldnt wait to get back.
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am Danielle I live in the Bowling Green area. I have been in Ohio for most of my life, I got out for a year and moved to Chicago but got sucked back in :) I am marriend with 3 dogs, no kids and am a nurse at Toledo Hospital. I have been consistantly gaining weight since I was born and now I am trying to reverse that! I am hoping to make friends, and acquire a great support system here on MFP. Please feel free to add me!! Good luck to everyone on their journey :)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm Azelle (pronounced A-Zelle)...Born and raised in Cincinnati...Married to a man who loves to cook but wants everything to be fried and cooked in butter...We have two very spoiled dogs. I have a 70 lb. Pit Bull who thinks he's a lap dog. My husband has a tiny little long haired dachshund (ha-ha) A few years ago I lost 61 pounds on Weight Watchers. I even worked for WW for a while...Hurt my knee and had to stop working out and quit my karate class so I gained some (not all) of the weight back...Besides wanting to lose the weight to be healthier, I have a whole wardrobe of cute smaller clothes that I need to get back into!!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm Bob and I live in Miamisburg, OH...just south of Dayton. I work or have worked all over over Ohio and am currently on an assignment at the Ford F-150 plant in Dearborn, MI. I have worked in West Chester, Defiance, Toledo, Lordstown, Mansfield, Parma, Columbus, and Moraine for various assignments at different GM plants in a regional capacity so I've gotten all around this great state. I also used to have a plant in Pittsburgh so I would drive right through the Zanesville area into Wheeling, WV.

I am essentially at my goal weight and am doing a combination of P90X, Insanity, and riding my bike to get in shape...I am still in search of the elusive six pack, but I am getting there.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kyo and I live in Bowling Green, OH. I moved here from Ocala, FL to live with my now ex-fiance. I don't know anyone out here and haven't really gotten out much since my ex always wanted to stay at home. It would be nice to meet some people or get some advice on places to check out and things to do around here. :)
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm Simon and although from the UK, spend about a quarter of my life in and around Milford. I go to Bengals and Reds games when I'm there or watch the games on t'internet when at home.
    Hope I qualify for the group.

P.S. I love turkey Goetta :)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I live in newark just east of columbus, wife 2 daughters 8& 13. i was born and raised in Minnesota. came here in 1993 for a 6 month short term job well that turned into a 10 year gig. been here ever since. I travel about 6 months out of the year doing maintenance etc at nuclear power plants. anyhow long hour not always eating the best and i was up to almost 230 at the beginning of the year. did P90X and did the 1st month of Insanity. changed my eating habits , added exercise ( see p90x & insanity ) now i am at about 197. Just turned 49 in Sept.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Born and bred in Ohio. I grew up at Indian Lake, and have lived the last 17 years in Columbus. I love this state but hate the gloom (especially this time of year). I live with my hubby, 2 dogs and a kitty who thinks he's a dog. Go Bucks!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am CANT! I live in Bellbrook Ohio ummm where? Yes Bellbrook. It's on the south side of Dayton sorta near Xenia. I work at Wright Patterson AFB and have been on mfp since July 31, 2011. So, ummmm I have three kids....ummmm you can see that on my profile. ummm I hate speaking in public....isn't it someone else's turn to introduce themselves?

OHHHH Hey Bob! Can I park in your driveway on Thursday? I am doing the Turkey Trot!
  • deedah86
    Options
    Hi, I'm Krista! I live in Doylestown. I was hoping I'd see someone from the Akron area on here. Oh well. :-) I just joined mfp this week and I love it so far! Ready to make some changes!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nicole, but a lot of people call me Nika (pronounced Nee-kuh). I'll answer to either one. I'm turning 23 on the 9th of December, and I've lived all around southwestern Ohio. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, moved to Dayton after graduation, and now I live in Hillsboro, but I drive through Wilmington and Batavia all the time. I'm a student majoring in chemistry at University of Cincinnati Clermont. I'm a Bengals and Reds fan, regardless of how awesome or poorly they do. I work at a records retrieval company and go to school full-time, so my life is hectic right now, but I'm working on getting up earlier for work to make sure I get a workout in. I've been an MFP-er for a while, but now I'm committed to losing the weight even more than before. I've always been heavy, and now its time to shed it all.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm Simon and although from the UK, spend about a quarter of my life in and around Milford. I go to Bengals and Reds games when I'm there or watch the games on t'internet when at home.
    Hope I qualify for the group.

P.S. I love turkey Goetta :)
    I lived around Milford most of my life
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in Troy but am originally from Cincinnati.
  • tgarkiller
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tyson. I am originally from NW Ohio (If you know where the Etch-a-Sketch or Spangler Candy Cane is made, you pegged my hometown). I have lived quite a few place when I was in school, I started at Toledo OH, Ada OH, Pittsburgh PA (McKee's Rocks), Beaver PA, and now Blacklick OH (east of Gahanna). Currently, I am splitting my time with getting healthier, and my career. I also play on a local Soccer League on Fridays (recreational). I have some family in the area but the majority is back home. I love to run in any weather and especially when its snowing (I know, it sounds crazy, but I am from NW OH).

I have been off and on with my healthy living this yr so I thought this would keep me on target.
    -tgar