Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've think I've introduced myself elsewhere but can't remember where, duh?!!

I'm married, aged 30, 5 kids, and live in Taranaki.

I ballooned from 47kg to 92kg after 10 years of babies, miscarriages and other medical dramas. I have pcos, insulin resistant, but we have been really lucky baby-wise so I'm grateful for that.

I'm hoping to get down to 55kg eventually, but my short term goal is to get down to 75kg by christmas, current weight 83.5kg.

I'm really keen on diy, renovating, gardening, etc.
    Quite keen for new ideas etc, bit new to this making an effort to lose weight thing, previously everything I've done diet-wise has been all about getting pregnant!
    Many/ most of my friends and family are overweight, and seeing as I used to be the "skinny one" they aren't terribly impressed or supportive of my efforts to lose weight. I think they were secretly pleased when I became "one of them". (Though my very fit and active husband is thrilled & very supportive, just not very vocal about it!- fairly typical kiwi bloke, lol)

Please add me! I have one friend so far, lol, (thanks twizelgirl! :) ).
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Name: Ray

Seasoned MFP'er =]
  • Dragon28_NZ
    Dragon28_NZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thought that it was about time to post an intro.

My name is Mike, only 40ish, and I am currently living in the Wairarapa, but work in Wellington.

Trying hard to not only drop some weight, but keep it off as well. At my worst, I topped 154kg, now 129kg.

I have and am loving my FitBit, trying to keep the exercise up, and now time to focus on the calories going in. have been contemplating going Primal ...???

Feel free to ad me

Take care out there
  • geoffreyhipango
    geoffreyhipango Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tue 08/28/12 01:01 PM

Kia Ora

My name is Geoff born in Whanganui living in Ratana.

Desperately want to get well and that tarts with me dedicating time to do this. I have been a yo yo for too long and need to be more consistent. Im 46 and it is through the inspiration of my sons that have motivated me to look at my own self care.

So I have just joined and have also brought a fitbit....now I intend to bring the sweat.

Im older and hopefully a little more wiser. I have been training now for the last few weeks and I am proud of this. Health is now more holisitc and less about my ego.

please feel free to communicate....22 kilograms to go and I will get there.

Repentently yours.....Geoff
  • sigridhelix
    Options
    Hey hey everyone!

I'm Sigrid, I'm 18 years old and I live in Hamilton (but moving to Wellington next year for uni, exciting!). I've only recently discovered MFP and I love it.

I started at 75kg and my goal is to get to around 65kg. I realised that I needed a lifestyle change when I was puffing walking up hills and chocolate didn't even taste nice anymore!

After gaining 10kg quite rapidly I'm happy to be active and healthy for once and slowly taking that extra weight off.

I'm 173cm and mainly not here for weight loss, that's an extra bonus. I want to get fit and strong so I'm not a weakling living on my own next year!

That's all really, but good luck to everyone here!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi Sigrid, glad you found us. Did you know there is a MFP Facebook Group too? Much easier to find local news, discussion and chat. Watch out for Karen F though, she posts really "naughty" pictures!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/255128684526821/
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Hi and welcome Sigrid and Geoff!
  • Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joanna

Joined MFP a while back but only just found this group!
    I'm living in Queenstown for another 10 days before moving back to my home city of Christchurch next Monday!
    I'm a 'healthy' weight (55kgs and 160cms) but I'm focusing on making better food choices and building my fitness and strength.
    Please feel free to add me if you think we'd keep each other motivated, especially if you're like me and have a lot of balls to juggle, work, kids, homelife etc
    I've requested membership to the FB group so hoping I get accepted!
  • geoffreyhipango
    geoffreyhipango Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Im new to this having just joined 2 weeks ago.
    I would love to have some friends for support. Please feel free to add m.
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just joined the MFP NZ group on facebook and thought i'd say holla here as well.

I'm Anita, 20, from the naki but studying in Wellington. I put on 10kgs living in chile a couple of years ago and I'm trying to lose 15 - ultimate goal is to have a bikini bod by 1 december. there, i've told you, now it has to happen. ha

add me please! (facebook and mfp) :)
  • sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thought I would finally post in here.. I'm Georgie, twenty something, from Wellington. Semi new to MFP, keep going on and off it but now I'm committed to using it! Joining the gym again next week, aim is to get back down to 50-52kgs that I was last year.. put on weight while at my last year at uni and not having the time to exercise (only six weeks of University left forever!). Would love to have some friends on here!
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Kerry I have been on here almost a year. But in that time I have been away for about 10 mths of that :frown: but i'm back and have been doing very well.

I live in Ruawai (south of Dargaville) in Northland, I'm 33 with 5 kids (oldest is my step son (17) and my youngest and only girl is 3.5) I am working along side my husband on a dairy farm here and have been here for three dairy seasons.

My biggest issue is we are kinda in the middle of no where and support as sparse and far between here. I joined MFP for that support but found if you dont come on here when you are lacking in that motivation your not going to get the support :wink: So i'm back and going finally kick my *kitten* under 100kg. I really want to get to my healthy weight which is 66kg but that feels MILES AND MILES away so under 3 digits would be nice :flowerforyou:

Anyone who would like to add me as a friend would be great!
  • Loving this NZ'ers group!

Hey I'm Chrissie, 22. Living in Napier but from Wellington so back and forth a bit, plan on coming back to the windy city for good once I've finished my studies in July next year.

Feel free to add me as a friend too :)
  • mamacita999
    Options
    Hi there ^^
    Im milly from rotorua, im 21 and i have 2 beautiful boys age
    3 and the other 8months.
    My start weight was 97kg an my current is 95kg id like to go
    Down to a healthy 70/75kg.
    Reason is cause I just want to look in the mirror and be happy
    At what i see, at the moment its not so great, being healthy and fit
    Would make a big difference to my lifestyle and i wouldnt mind trying a bikini after
    Ive achieved mu result as it will be a first!! Lol yea thats all :)
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Welcome Milly! Have you joined the facebook group?
  • lornac09
    Options
    Hi there have just started out here :) soon to be living in the waikato
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Welcome lornac09 - You will love the Waikato! :drinker:
  • kkeellzz
    kkeellzz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    Im Kelz and ive just started eating the low carb way. Im mum to 2 boys and stepmum to 3. We live in rural Horowhenua
    Great to see an NZ group :)
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Welcome Kelz!
  • tray71
    tray71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your tiny..