Check in and intros

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• bexp11
    bexp11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Bex, 35 :tongue: I am an Intermediate School teacher in Waiuku.

I have been battling my weight since before I can remember. Five years ago at 101kgs I had a gastric band operation and even though a lot of people seem to think its an easy out, its hard and after a 30kgs loss my weight started to climb again. I am now back at 84kgs - something I never thought would happen again!!

So after a few half hearted attempts of using mfp I decided enough is enough - so I have started exploring this site and now I want to really start using the tools it provides - including the support :flowerforyou:

I am due to do outward bound in 3 weeks and I guess, for me, that will be the start of a whole new way of life.

Would love to be added as a friend :drinker:

Bex
  • jemhologram
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined this site a couple of days ago. Im 27 and live in whakatane. Last year i put on close to 10 kilos over winter making me the heaviest ive ever been (including during my pregnancies!) so this year i am determined to get it off again!!
  • Arakazi
    Arakazi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Libby. I signed up to MFP a week a go and I love it!!
    I live in Wellington with my three year old daughter and my partner.
    In 2010 I lost a lot of weight, I got down to perhaps 73kgs. I looked and felt amazing!! I then early 2011 started eating junk food all the time with my partner (who is a stick!!) and I put on just under 30kgs within 2 years!
    I am 152.4cm tall and m y start weight was 100kg, current weight is 98.5 and my goal is 70kgs.
  • apteryx
    apteryx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm JP, 42 years old, 2 kids, lovely wife. Kiwi living in Singapore. Too much of the good life means I need to change my lifestyle and exercise habits. I have 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. My goal is to be a great dad and be healthy enough to play with the kids and be a good example to them both. I'm already fairy active but have bad dietary habits, this my roadblock.
    Male, 178cm (5'10"), 92kgs.

I love: milkshakes, chocolate mint biscuits, steak/eggs/chips, hamburgers, rotisserie (BBQ) chicken... mmmmmm... all this is making me hungry!! (see what I mean??)

Feel free to add me as a friend... Good luck to you all with your goals, I'm sure we'll all get there.

Apteryx.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Although i am actually Australian (don't hold it against me) I became a NZ citizen in 2010 ( have lived in nz for over half my life).

I'm 25 and married, have 1 dogbaby, 2 turtles and about 4kgs to go before I reach my 'goal weight'.

I have been a member for a wee while now and initially loved the progress that I was making, but have been at a plateau for months. I know my commitment needs a kick in the bum... but hopefully that's where you come in :)

Nice to finaly have caught on to some 'locals'.
    All the best to you and your journey.

Please feel free to add me if you think we could have some common ground.
    HJ :)
  • Nikkin00
    Nikkin00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My story is the familiar one of yo-yo losses and gains with each time ending a bit heavier than before. For example in the past year i have gained and lost and gained and lost the equivalent to about 60kg.

So the madness stops here.

I want to be able to do a 5k run following the c25k programme and will start toward this goal seriously when my weight gets below 100kg.

Is anyone here from the WestCoast of the South Island? Please, add me if you are because I know hardly anyone here and the local support would be great.
  • baldk
    baldk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi Im Kerry new I arrived in new Zealand in oct 2011and whangarei now my home and Im here for keeps with my family.
    I got a fitbit for Christmas which is a great motivator but its my diet that fails and NZ is testing my willpower too many sweets/ lollies here to temp me and icecream I am rapidly becoming a hokey pokey addict. Manage to keep up with fitness despite not being able to afford a gym membership as yet . Have a cross trainer and a vast array of fitness dvds and weights and I run most mornings.
    Gained a few pounds since coming here and want it gone
  • juliachch
    juliachch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Julia, I live in Christchurch. I am 38, have 2 little boys and a wonderful hubby. I am 172cm tall I am currently 88kg and my goal is 75kg. I have previously lost 20kg through weight watchers before I had my children. I put that all back on, so it is back to losing the extra luggage and making healthy eating choices again, lifestyle change!

I have been doing this program for 1.5 weeks now, I am finding it fantastic! I can't believe the database of foods this program has. Hopefully I can keep this up, with a little support.

Nice to meet you all.

Julia
  • Nursecotton
    Options
    Hi i'm Sami, I live in NAPIER. I'm a 38 year old nursing student in the final 6 months of my degree.
    I have a lot of weight to lose... 50kg+
    If anyone is interested in being a workout buddy - or just wants to add me - please do so :)

It's always easier to lose weight with support :)
  • Nursecotton
    Options
    How do I delete this post?
  • Nursecotton
    Options
    Helloo(:

I'm from Auckland and am slightly recovering from ana. I'm on the fence and I know I should be going at this 'recovery' whole heartedly but its hard:/
    I'm 170cm , 50kg

If anyone in nz has similar goals please add me , I would love support and can be a helping hand(:

Xx

Hiya...
    I just wanna say I think you're magnificent...
    Although my goal is completely the opposite, it takes a lot of guts to do what you're doing and I for one, think you're marvellous...!!!
    Best of Luck - Go you !!
  • KathyTheKiwi
    KathyTheKiwi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow kiwi's

I'm a 38 and married with 2 wonderful kids :-) I am from Dunedin and have decided that 2013 is going to be "MY" year and putting my wants/needs first for a change. I would like to loose 10kgs but ultimate dream would be 15kgs :-)

Love that we have a kiwi page on MFP :-)
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow kiwi's

I'm a 38 and married with 2 wonderful kids :-) I am from Dunedin and have decided that 2013 is going to be "MY" year and putting my wants/needs first for a change. I would like to loose 10kgs but ultimate dream would be 15kgs :-)

Love that we have a kiwi page on MFP :-)

I love this positive affirmation!!
  • spazriel
    spazriel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    *waves*

I live in Upper Hutt, but born & breed in Christchurch!
  • tjwolland
    tjwolland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tammy I'm 26 and a single mama of 1 very energetic 5yr old boy, I have a beautiful dog and a new addition as of friday to the family - an awesome cat named Bandit who truly lives up to his name.
    I need to lose weight after 3 1/2yrs of study and 20kgs later its time to get rid of it, though i would still like to lose another 20kgs on top of that.
    so a very long road ahead of me, I really just want to find supportive people that will help encourage me through this journey and I would like to do the same for others.
    Happy day people :)