Check in and intros

Options

Replies

• NicoleNeverman
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Nicole. I'm 23 and orginally from Napier but have been living in Dunedin for the past 5 years.

Great to find a group full of NZers! :smile:
  • RandiJP
    RandiJP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, yay a NZ group!
    I'm Amanda, have been on MFP for 6 weeks and have lost almost 4kg!
    I'm 27 and 173 cm tall.

Starting weight: 74kg (highest ever)
    Starting weight on MFP: 73kg
    Current weight: 70.4kg (as of last Friday)
    Goal weight: 63kg
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi all, yay a NZ group!
    I'm Amanda, have been on MFP for 6 weeks and have lost almost 4kg!
    I'm 27 and 173 cm tall.

Starting weight: 74kg (highest ever)
    Starting weight on MFP: 73kg
    Current weight: 70.4kg (as of last Friday)
    Goal weight: 63kg

Well done Amanda
  • ontrack2be
    Options
    Hi Im Donna and I live in Hawera, My current weight is 110kg. My heaviest was 122.5kg. So have lost 12.5kg so far.

I have been on mfp now for a week. Am still finding my way around.

My goal weight I would like to get to is 69kg. SO as you can see I have a long road ahead of me

Look forward to getting to know you

Cheers
    Donna
    :flowerforyou:
  • katiepie24
    katiepie24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate.. I've been on MFP for a while, but just started using it again recently. I'm in Auckland and am a stay at home mum to my two kids, aged 2 and 4. Really trying to get in shape for summer and gain a better fitness level.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kate and Donna! =)
  • Kiwibird74
    Options
    Hello! I have just re-joined... I was doing it earlier in the year and got slack... did lose 5kg but some of it is back on... want to lose 10kg in a year, or preferably 15kg as getting married next October! Please feel free to friend me! Based in North Shore... Cheers
  • newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi

My name is Claire and I'm a 22 year old University student studying at Otago University!
    A couple of my friends and I joined MFP a few months ago and we love it!
    It's the new Facebook lol
    I'm really active, love road cycling, mountain biking, walking my beautiful border collie Pippa and am currently in the middle of a CrossFit Bootcamp!!
    I've always struggled with my eating habits but am slowly changing with the help of MFP!
    My ultimate goal is to lose 15kg.... i've lost 2kg so far so only 13kg to go!!

Feel free to add me, would love the support and i'll cheer you on in return!!!

:)
  • shelbysparklepants
    Options
    Hi everyone

Shelby here - I'm 46 and living in Wellington. Have 3 girls 13, 15 and 22 and I've just gotten a bit slack. Time to shape up for summer me thinks.

Please add me as a friend until I can figure out how to add you!!

Good luck everyone
  • hannahchch29
    hannahchch29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! Well Im Hannah, im 29yrs old, living in good old chch! Im a single mum, my son is 10 now! Im 5'2 and 76kgs and want to lose 15kgs! Ive JUST joined the gym and having fun trying out the classes! No weight loss yet, but havent started a proper eating plan yet. Not overly sure how everything on this site works but slowly finding my way around! Be great to chat to other ppl on the journey! This is 10yrs overdue for me and is going to change my life!
  • bekahnz
    bekahnz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys n gals,

I'm Rebekah, some of you may know me from the FB group :o)
    I'm from North of Auckland and just looking for some fellow kiwis to motivate me and chat about goals and hurdles, food and exercise and it'd be good to make some like minded friends too!
    Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm still trying to get my head around this site, so please excuse the technical difficulties :oP
  • sophiedb
    Options
    hi all :) I'm Sophie - have been a member of MFP for a year but never got properly stuck in. I hope that if I get into the community part too it'll carry me along to my goal! I live in Chch, but am originally from the UK. Got one husband, one 5yo daughter, four chooks, a veggie patch in need of lots of work (think exercise motivating thoughts..) and a desk job. Um, that's me :)
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Kia ora koutou.
    I'm Keriana, also called Georgie. I'm 44 with 2 grown kids, 1 boy and 1 girl. Originally from good old Christchurch but moved to Oregon USA back in the winter of 2006. (Most of NZ was covered in snow too.) Recently relocated to Florida in September of this year with the new Hubby. Well nearly new cause it's been almost 2 years.
    I started my health and well being changes on January 8th of this year. Finally decided that if I want my knee to stop hurting then I should look at getting fitter than I was. The bonus to that is the weight I have shed. I started MFP on June 1st because of one of my Oregonian friends and it has been one of the better things I have done for myself.
    SW: 112kg
    CW: 91kG
    1st GW: 75kg
    Possible final GW 65kg.
    Oh and I am 160cm short. Lol I had to convert everything to Kgs since it's all lbs & ozs here.
  • lizzyscupcakes
    lizzyscupcakes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    Im 25 living in christchurch. Have always been the chubby girl but when i reached 92kgs i took action. I'm now down to 70kgs in 8 months past. Ive fallen in love with myfitnessplan . 55kg is my goal weight.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    @ lizzy - That is a good loss! Well done and keep going in the direction you are travelling - its working!
  • lizzyscupcakes
    lizzyscupcakes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks, im working very hard this time around so i know this will pay off!

Had a look at your profile and a big thumbs up to you!!!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey Lizzy, welcome! My (official) starting weight was 92kg too, now down to 75kg (as of this morning), hoping to get to 70kg by Christmas, goal is 55kg for now.
    How tall are you out of curiosity?
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Results this week: weight loss of 500grams and a body fats % loss of 1%. I am happy with these results (stoaked actually considering I had a bad 3rd day, my nieces 5th birthday and a big family roast on sunday) : )
  • craftymaureen
    Options
    Hello, my name is maureen and i'm a food-a-holic!. I eat the seefood diet, but it's got me into trouble. Lots. Between the eating, the wine and several months on prednisone (I have lupus) i'm now 113.00. so a wee tad to loose.

I found this site, a friend uses a similar one and I like it - so easy to use. Started tracking yesterday.

got all my summer clothes down out of the loft yesterday and started washing them. hmmmmmmmmpppph... not that many will fit, but it has motivated me.

My bug bear is when entering my data I got it wrong and put 111.3 instead of 113. I tried to change the inital weight but couldn't. if anyone knows how I can do this would appreciated it.

thanks and hope everyone has a productive weight loss day:)
  • DoinItForMe32
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Victoria and I'm from the Waikato :D I have tried this out a few times and learned some tough lessons but well needed lessons, I am back for good, logging everything, open diary and being accountable.

Starting weight 74kg
    Current weight 68.5kg
    Goal weight 65 kg

If i can manage to get to my goal weight it will be the first time in 2 years that I have managed it :D I am going to give it my all. If you have room on your friends list please feel free to add me :D I am a great supporter but with most of my contacts over seas it makes it a little difficult.