Workouts

Options

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Lean 3 is done!!!! I am spent. I feel like such a wimp!!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

I think you meant to say, "I feel like such a Pimp!!" no way are you a wimp working this hard on yourself :)

(and by pimp i only mean the good things about Pimps ;) lol!!)
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 1 of Lean/Circuit 2 - 415 calories. It wasn't as bad as the first one, but maybe because I had really low expectations regarding my ability to finish? lol I hate how weak my shoulders are, but I enjoyed most of the workout (when I wasn't off balance and making nearby sailors blush)..

It's Friday so I'll probably be throwing in a little cardio later, like Just Dance, to burn 200 - 300 more calories.
  • Cclancaster
    Options

I think you meant to say, "I feel like such a Pimp!!" no way are you a wimp working this hard on yourself :)

(and by pimp i only mean the good things about Pimps ;) lol!!)

LOL I suppose you are correct if I was a wimp I would have quite through the first workout and said screw it. :bigsmile:

All the push ups were crazy today. Push up into a side plank, tricep push up break down, traveling push ups, army crawl. OMG my arms and shoulders feel like lead.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just finished PC1. Phew. While I think I will need some heavier weights, I won't need them yet for my arms! I can see my bicep twitching!

I took measurements today and I have lost a few inches. Nothing dramatic but I'm OK with that. I keep most of my weight on my hips and butt so I know that area will be slow to move. I can see, however, changes in the shape of my arms and even in my thighs. My abs even look a little better with only one ab workout completed. Slowly but surely., just gotta keep plugging away. Also, as I admitted earlier, I wasn't the healthiest eater during the Burn phase.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Burn interval and ab burner today. Ab burner first the first time. Wow my abs are way out of shape. Does anyone else do this or other ab work outs more than once a week? I am thinking I might need to add this work out to at least one more day. I can make through the burn intervals and all the strength training (tired and ready to pass out) but can't make through hardly any of the ab workouts. That has to change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The only CLX workouts I do are the weight circuits and the Ab Burner. I do the Ab Burner 3-4 times a week. It gets easier, really. I just had a baby via c-section two months ago, and my abs are destroyed.

(I do a Turbo Jam workout almost daily in addition to the CLX weight circuits and Ab Burner, and I've replaced her stretching/yoga video with Debbie Siebers' Slim stretch videos.)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    All the push ups were crazy today. Push up into a side plank, tricep push up break down, traveling push ups, army crawl. OMG my arms and shoulders feel like lead.

Ah, Lean 3. My most dreaded Lean circuit. I have spaghetti arms when I'm done. Those damn push ups kill me.

Did Lean 2 yesterday. Burned 190 calories. TurboFire will be today's workout. I love lifting and will never give it up again but there is just something about cardio for me. It's addicting.
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You guys are scaring me! I have my last workout in the Push phase tomorrow and will be starting Lean on Monday.

What are these plank rows that you speak of? I guess I should pop in that DVD and take a look around, maybe psych myself up for it?

Got any advice for me?

I'll be taking my 60 day measurements on Sunday, and if they're any good, I'll post them. :tongue:

Just did Lean Phase 1 and if I had thought to swear during it, I would have but all I could muster were some grunts and groans! Those plank tricep extensions were beastly but I made it through!!! That's a lot of bicep & tricep work in one day.

My advice to you (and everyone else) is to go a little heavier than you think is possible, do what you can, and don't ever give up on yourself! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Completed PC2. I really like doing single-limb exercises rather than the combo moves of Burn. I can focus a little more on heavier weights rather than worrying about falling out of my lunge as I do a fly, etc.

I'm also going to up my calories to 1800 a day; we'll see where that goes.

I also picked up a pair of 20 lb dumbbells. Definitely think I can give them a go on the lower body exercises.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Finished my first week of Lean. It was soo not what I was expecting.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Been off schedule since Thursday, so today I got back into CLX world and did Burn Intervals. My 18 year old niece almost quit halfway through, but I kept telling her to suck it up, and we both finished strong. It's kinda cool that I can get through that tough workout a little bit easier than a girl half my age and in way better shape. (She runs but doesn't do any weight training.)

Tomorrow is Week 4/Push 1. I'm feeling a lot stronger now than I did on Week 1. I'm really glad I've been working on using heavier weights too. I'm excited to finish this circuit.

Looks like everyone is doing awesome stuff here! Keep it up & Burn it off!!:bigsmile:
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Finished my first week of Lean. It was soo not what I was expecting.

I agree not what I was expecting at all but, surprising enough I actually liked it. I like how my upper body is sore and how my stomach and sides feel worked even though I didn't get in a single ab work out last week. Really excited to see the results of this month. Do you like it?
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I ended up starting the Lean phase on Sunday and have now done Lean 1 & 2. For Lean 1, I tried to use the same weight I had been using during the end of the Push phase. On some exercises, that was barely OK, on others, I needed to step down a couple of pounds -- almost back to what I was using at the end of the Burn phase.

For Lean 2, same thing, although I ended up stepping back to the weight I was using at the end of Burn for most of the exercises. :cry: That makes me a little sad.

All in all, I'm liking the Lean phase (I haven't done Lean 3 yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind!). And don't hit me when I say this, but I don't mind the plank extensions and rows so much. (Again, I may change my mind later.)

I took my Day 60 measurements and pictures on Sunday, before I did Lean 1. I was greatly disappointed in my inches lost. I really thought I would have lost more inches. Oh well, on with the picture taking.

Once I had the pics all downloaded to my computer and lined them up side-by-side with the Day 1 and Day 30 pics -- well, all I got to say is -- DAYUM!! What a HUGE difference! I feel kind of badass now when I look at those pictures!

It was just the motivation that I needed to start the Lean phase.

Tomorrow is a rest day for me and then Lean 3 on Thursday.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options

I took my Day 60 measurements and pictures on Sunday, before I did Lean 1. I was greatly disappointed in my inches lost. I really thought I would have lost more inches. Oh well, on with the picture taking.

Once I had the pics all downloaded to my computer and lined them up side-by-side with the Day 1 and Day 30 pics -- well, all I got to say is -- DAYUM!! What a HUGE difference! I feel kind of badass now when I look at those pictures!

Funny how the same amount of fat doesn't look quite as nice! I can't wait for you to get thru the Lean Circut.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Lean circuit 1 done. I haven't stopped being sore since I started this phase. Anyone else had this same experience?
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Lean circuit 1 done. I haven't stopped being sore since I started this phase. Anyone else had this same experience?

After lean circuit 1 I was pretty sure I was going to hate the entire phase, but after finishing 2 and 3, I actually like it. Even if I find it difficult to keep my balance while trying to do two things at once.

I have found that I was sore through the week, too. I wonder if it is just because it is a new phase like Chalene says.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I had soreness after almost every workout in the phase, but in the strangest places!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week2 of Lean/Circuit 1 - 377 calories.... Where did Push go? lol Can I have it back now?

It's just.. I love how she says to concentrate on the biceps when I'm trying to do a hamstring curl at the same time, without falling over :laugh:

I am not the most coordinated person.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Week2 of Lean/Circuit 1 - 377 calories.... Where did Push go? lol Can I have it back now?

It's just.. I love how she says to concentrate on the biceps when I'm trying to do a hamstring curl at the same time, without falling over :laugh:

:laugh:
    So I thought I would go up in weight for the first bicep curl for the first circuit yesterday oh my goodness :noway: I'm glad I did but I can understand why Pipsg1r1 said she didn't really go up in weights during this phase.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

Uh oh, looks like I should work on my core and balance for when I make it to Lean phase, could be trouble lol.