Workouts

Options
Nelski
Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
I like this group thing!

So, I'm still having a hard time getting back into this program completely. I have started working OT so my schedule is off. I am going to try to get more morning workouts in because when I get home from work it's hard to push myself to workout. Only problem with that is that most of the time it's hard for me to give it my all in the morning. Sometimes cardio makes me wanna puke. I'm gonna keep trying and maybe my body will get used to it and it will get easier. The way I see it is, a less intense workout in the morning is better than not one at all. It's just for a couple months that I will be working all these extra hours.
I did CLX Burn 3 yesterday at 4:45am(uggghh) it actually went pretty well. Today I had a harder time getting up and almost didn't. I was supposed to do Burn Intervals, which I know would have been hard but I was gonna give it a try but something was wrong with the DVD player so I just did Cardio Slimdown from Leslie Sansone on OnDemand.

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be week 3, Push Circuit 2. But....I'm taking it at as a rest day since yesterday (and the day before) I did some time in Insanity and oh my word...my calves are screaming and my lower back is very tight. :o/ Hoping tomorrow I won't be in as much pain and can hit PC2 hard. I'm sure I also have some DOMS from Monday's workout. I don't mind being sore...but as soon as I flex my calf when walking it feels like it's so tight and it's gonna cramp or something. Ick. Darn Insanity!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Today should have been W3 BC1, but I took yesterday off instead of running. So today I did my run and tomorrow starting Week 3 of Burn. Farthest I have made it so far. Let you know how I do..
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Ok... This is where we should post what we did huh??
    Good work out tonight.
    Nelski.. You are amazing for even opening your eyes at that time of the morning... I agree with you that it is better than no work out.
    I have Core 20 and stretch 10... On the hybrid, she really works you in slowly... I will take it!
    Keep Pushin Play!!
  • Nelski
    Options
    Jenyfur1, I agree with your comment on the hybrid working you in slowly. The 1st 2 weeks seem to be a lot of stretching and ab or core workouts. It's probably good for me since I'm slowly getting back on track and trying morning workouts.

I got up at 4:45 today and attempted Burn Intervals. It was rough that early and I didn't have time to do it all(hoped to get up at 4:30 but snoozed). I did half so it's a start. I'm going to try to do the other half after work today.

Work it girls!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Nelski...I don't know how you get up so early, let alone workout at that time. I would die..

Just finished Wk3 BC1. I keep surprising myself with how my weights are increasing.

Good luck everyone. Keep liftin'!!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Push2W1 yesterday and Burn Intervals/Ab Burner today. Woke up today not feeling 100%, but cranked out BI/AB today, even though I had to keep stopping to sip water because I kept feeling nauseated. Ever since I had my gallbladder removed in 97, this isn't an uncommon thing, so I just do what I can :)

Nelski: I have NO clue how you get up that early. I'd pass out in a sleepy, snoring coma. LOL

Great work, everybody!!!!:heart:
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey Guys!
    Tonight was Core 20/ Stretch 10. not many calories, but at leasst I did it...
    Keep at it!
  • Nelski
    Options
    I got in the 2nd half of BI after work yesterday that I couldn't finish in the morning. :)

Yeah, I'm crazy for getting up so early, I know lol. I am usualy up at 5:15-5:30 on weekdays anyway so for the most part I'm used to being an early riser but getting up even earlier and then exercising is a different story. It's going to take some getting used to.
    I did wake up early again today but with not much energy so I'm going to do CLX Burn 1 tomorrow instead of today like I was supposed to. I did Leslie Sanson's 20 min cardio slimdown instead. Hoping to get in Ab Burner or Core 20 after work.

Ahhhh I'm so happy it's Friday!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Starting Lean Phase on Monday!
    What should I expect? Is it like either of the Burn or Push Phases? Or is it totally different?
    Excited and TOTALLY curious. Anyone got a short description?

Oh and today I did FIre45EZ. :)
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Lean is AWESOME!!! It takes a little longer than the others, but it is great!!
    I am glad that you had fun with the TF!!!

So glad you are here!!!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Did Wk3 BC2 today...not sure if I will ever be able to complete a full set of the bowler's lunges, not quite as tough today tho.
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first Chalene Extreme workout. I was definitely shaking by the end! What weights did you all start with? I have 3-lb & 5-lb weights, but I do not think it's enough for a few of the excercises.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    I just finished my first Chalene Extreme workout. I was definitely shaking by the end! What weights did you all start with? I have 3-lb & 5-lb weights, but I do not think it's enough for a few of the excercises.

Hi Kim,

I think I started just with 5 and 7's. I bought a set of the select Tech weights that go up to I think 50 lbs and dial in. They are so nice. Same as what are used by Chalean on the videos. Expensive tho....
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Everyone comes to this program with a different strength history so everyone's starting weights will vary. I had just done JM 30 Day Shred before starting CLX, and while that wasn't focused on strength training, it sure helped me in some areas. So when I started CLX I was using mostly 10-15 pounds and now while in phase 2 I'm using mostly 15-25 lbs (and that's the highest I own until I convince hubby to invest in the SelectTechs, LOL!). The smaller muscle groups usually can't handle the high weights like your lower body can...so don't be afraid to reach for the heavy weights when it comes to lower body moves. :o) You'll surprise yourself with how strong you are!! :o) Have fun, this is a great program!
  • Nelski
    Options
    Ahhhh I'm so off schedule! I didn't workout all weekend besides a walk yesterday. I am just a slacker on the weekend lately. Hopefully I can snap out of it. I did do CLX Burn 1 this morning but didn't have time to do the last 2 exercises. I'm so off the hybrid schedule but this is week 3 of it where it doesn't have many TF workouts in it anyway so my goal is to make sure I get CLX Burn 2 & 3 in because Friday starts week 4 where more TF workouts kick in. Why can't I just always stay focused and motivated?!? I guess it could be worse, I could not be working out at all.

KimAggie04 when I 1st started CLX I was using mostly 5-10 lbs. I should be much further along but I've been on and off. I am mostly using 10-15, can use 20 for a couple lower body. I still have a hard time with some upper body, especially anything using the shoulder. I am stuck on 5 or 8 for things like posterior fly. It's always been my weakness. I've had rotator cuff issues so I can't push it too hard. I know it would help if I was more consistant so I would be getting stronger but I will get there.
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Push1W2 done!! Aunt Flo was kicking my butt this morning, but I kicked her butt and my own in the process. :laugh:

Muffin--How did you like the start of lean circuit?
  • ktsurly
    Options
    Hi everyone -- I'm in week 3 of burn phase and loving it so far! I also bought TF and thought I might start the hybrid, but the disclaimer/warning on the intro DVD scared me off and so I might just stick with CLX for now. :P

I'll be doing BC3 sometime tonight after work. Glad to have this group here for support! :)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hola! I was supposed to do PC2 this morning and slept straight through my alarm. Mondays are always hard since I tend to stay up too late on Sunday. LOL I'll do it tonight though.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Lean 1 - done!

And I added TurboFire HIIT 15 afterwards - I was WORN OUT!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Hey KT- Don't worry about the TF, it is awesome!!!

Cee- Get back on it girl! Monday's are always hard,

Muff- Great workout. I bet you were exhausted.

Tonight was Extreme Abs and Recharge. I am on schedule. I have been really sore, that just means that I have been working out right
    Keep pushin it!!!