Workouts

Options

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Burn circuit 3 today. 5 more days and I get to start the Push phase. How is everyone liking that phase so far. What is the highest weight you guys are using during the phase?
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    What is the highest weight you guys are using during the phase?

Great question! I'm also curious to know how much people started (the phase) with and what they ended with.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    During the burn phase I started out with 3lb on some moves and can now lift 14lbs with some. Now my lowest weight is 5lbs but not so many any more maybe 3 of the moves I need 5lbs everything else is between 8lbs and 14lbs. I was wondering about the Push phase cause I was wondering if I need to go buy more weights this weekend before I start.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    What is the highest weight you have?
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 3/ And instead of Burn It Off, I did the TJ Fat Blaster. FUN! 310 calories
  • Cclancaster
    Options

I actually went to Hibbets sports and bought an 80 lbs dumbbell set (it came with 4-10lb, 4-5lb, 4-2.5lb plates and two bars) It was only $65 not half bad. I was just wondering what I might need to start off with.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options

I actually went to Hibbets sports and bought an 80 lbs dumbbell set (it came with 4-10lb, 4-5lb, 4-2.5lb plates and two bars) It was only $65 not half bad. I was just wondering what I might need to start off with.

Nice! I don't know about anyone else, but I've started doing some practice runs lol Just to get an idea of what weights to use for Push Circuit 1. For instance, I know I'll be using 15 lbs for most shoulder presses (maybe 20), 12 for kickbacks and 20's for bicep curls.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    [/quote]

Nice! I don't know about anyone else, but I've started doing some practice runs lol Just to get an idea of what weights to use for Push Circuit 1. For instance, I know I'll be using 15 lbs for most shoulder presses (maybe 20), 12 for kickbacks and 20's for bicep curls.
    [/quote]

Nice you are stronger than me right now I am using mostly 8, 10 and 14lbs. So not sure what I will be doing next week.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    For Push my heaviest is 25 lbs (50 total) for lower body so far. I do PC3 for the first time tomorrow. The heaviest I used for Burn was 15 lbs for legs only. You can go much heavier in Push because of working only one muscle group at a time and failing by 6 - 8 reps.

I LOVE Push because of being able to work one muscle group hard. I love lifting heavier and failing with less reps.

Prettyothink - I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who still can't do full push ups. My pecs suck apparently. I can go down nicely but lifting back up is still beyond me.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Prettyothink - I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who still can't do full push ups. My pecs suck apparently. I can go down nicely but lifting back up is still beyond me.

Are you squeaking your stomach and butt muscles as you go up and down? I am pretty short and other than tricep push-ups (one sometimes) I can do I think 5-7 regular ones before I fail. Make sure your arms aren't to far apart and your tighten your whole body as you go up and down.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I tried doing a push up (on my toes) with my dumbbells just now and I swear I made it half an inch or so back up until my arms gave up. Baby steps!
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Burn Circuit 1 (make up) and ab burner today. I will do X Stretch tomorrow and then do 30 day measurements Tuesday and start Push Phase on Wednesday I am so excited. I didn't use a single 5lb weight this whole last week. all 8lbs, 10lbs, and 15lbs. I am so excited to see what I can do on single muscle groups.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 4/Burn Circuit 1 - 350 calories

I'm having issues. I need to use 20 lbs or more for squats, but after a while my forearms are like, "I don't think so." It's very frustrating. Bright side is I increased the weights for presses/flys.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Last night was Week 2/Burn 2 for 351 calories. This is my second round, and I'm still only up to 8lbs on my bicep curls, but that's way better than the zero lbs I started with in January :)
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Burn Intervals for 513 calories. Also walked around a bunch at the Renaissance Festival but didn't count that :). And today was Push Circuit 3, Ab Burner plus a 45-minute walk around the 'hood. Total calorie burn was 526. Can't believe I'm already halfway through the program!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Yesterday was BC3 Week 3. Calorie burn 323. I'm about to start my last week of Burn. I didn't get this far the first time I tried CLX. I think because I was attempting the hybrid with Turbo Fire and it was just a bit too much with everything else that was going on in my life at that time. My body just started to shut down. I was extremely tired all the time. Well this time is just the opposite. I'm ready to make it through this.

I up'd my weights a little this past week. But this coming week I'm going to really try to push it. I really want to be able to do a tricep pushup. They look so sweet. I can move down about a half inch and then my arms say no go sista! I just want to be able to do one. I'm doing awesome with the regular push ups...well for someone whose upper body strength was always lacking. I'm very proud of myself.

Everyone have an awesome day.
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today was Week 3 BC1. And while I can look at my log sheet and see that I have increased my weight on almost all exercises, I cannot seem to increase it on anything with a posterior fly! It's so frustrating!

I'm still at 5 lbs. (Please don't laugh.) I tried 8 lbs. today, but could only get 4 in before my form got sloppy, so I dropped back to 5 lbs. I can do 12 reps at 5 lbs and feel like I could do a couple more...so I think to myself, "that's my cue to move up". But I just CAN NOT do 8lbs. ARRGGG. Any advice?

Also, I don't have an HRM (wish I did, but it's just not in the budget) so it's hard to determine my calorie burn, but following the NROLFW formula, on days that I lift, I should consume an additional 227 calories. Should I just create my own exercise "ChaLEAN Extreme" with 227 calories burned?

And finally, I just want to say, this website -- and especially these forums/groups -- have been an immense source of motivation and education for me. Thank you.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Today was Week 3 BC1. And while I can look at my log sheet and see that I have increased my weight on almost all exercises, I cannot seem to increase it on anything with a posterior fly! It's so frustrating!

I'm still at 5 lbs. (Please don't laugh.) I tried 8 lbs. today, but could only get 4 in before my form got sloppy, so I dropped back to 5 lbs. I can do 12 reps at 5 lbs and feel like I could do a couple more...so I think to myself, "that's my cue to move up". But I just CAN NOT do 8lbs. ARRGGG. Any advice?

Also, I don't have an HRM (wish I did, but it's just not in the budget) so it's hard to determine my calorie burn, but following the NROLFW formula, on days that I lift, I should consume an additional 227 calories. Should I just create my own exercise "ChaLEAN Extreme" with 227 calories burned?

And finally, I just want to say, this website -- and especially these forums/groups -- have been an immense source of motivation and education for me. Thank you.

I would stick with the 5 pounds on posterior fly for a little while longer. Remember Chalene always says it's not the number it's the feeling you get. Maybe you can make your 5's feel heavier by flexing a little harder all the way through and then try to move up to the 8's. If you only do 4 then, stick with them and push for 5 or 6. As for the calories, I would go ahead and create an exercise with your 227. You can always adjust the calories based on how hard you feel like you worked that day.

I agree with you about the support too. I love how much motivation and inspiration I get from the awesome people in this group. It helps me keep coming back!

Today's workout was: 25 min Hip Hop Abs/20 min Chalean Recharge--total calories 330

Happy Monday everyone!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm redoing W3 of Push Circuit. Lupus flare got in the way of my workout last week.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    I'm redoing W3 of Push Circuit. Lupus flare got in the way of my workout last week.

Just out of curiosity how does this program affect your Lupus. I have RA and I find this is one of the only types of workout I can do. Even the cardio she has doesn't seem to bother me to bad.