Workouts

Options

Replies

• Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Welcome Garretsmom!!

I am a junkie too. Burn 2 for CLX hybrid done. Good burn and work out. I am need to increase some of my weights, but that makes me very happy..

Have a good one!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Push 2 and Fire 30 tonight. I'm going to add pull up to my routine so I can prep myself for P90x. My healthy club closed the pool area for this week so no hot tub for me after the work out :(.
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Happy Turkey Day! Think I'm gonna do some fire 45 and burn big cals so I can eat more!! :wink:
    Have a great day everyone!
  • firedragon064
    Options
    Fire45 EZ tonight.
    I notice the day after weight lifting session, I get up feel extremely hungry.
  • firedragon064
    Options
    Fire45 EZ tonight.
    I notice the day after weight lifting session, I get up feel extremely hungry.
    Never mind, I got a deep cut on my right foot :( so did not do the work out.
    I'm going to have to go easy on cardio work out untl my foot heal.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Burn Intervals - Done!

If this is my least favorite workout, then would I hate Insanity???
    I've got 2 more weeks in the Lean Phase and want to move on to a big calorie burner for my next challenge. I want to lose more pounds and Insanity seems like the best choice but if I hate it - will I keep it up???

Not sure what to do, I love Turbo Fire but am getting bored with it. Anyone have any other DVD suggestions?
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yaay finally completed my first month. Burn Phase is done. I had completed half in the spring but didn't get it done so I feel pretty happy about finishing it this time around. A little bit intimidated about the next phase, hopefully I can handle it. Talk soon, good luck!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Burn Intervals - Done!

If this is my least favorite workout, then would I hate Insanity???
    I've got 2 more weeks in the Lean Phase and want to move on to a big calorie burner for my next challenge. I want to lose more pounds and Insanity seems like the best choice but if I hate it - will I keep it up???

Not sure what to do, I love Turbo Fire but am getting bored with it. Anyone have any other DVD suggestions?

I am thinking Insanity may be my next challenge too. I haven't tried it yet, but I always like to try something new. I think it is pretty much cardio drills like the ones in burn intervals and burn it off.
    I would like to have Turbo Jam-Get on the Ball DVD's Or Rev Abs.
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Lean 3 and HIIT 30 - done!

Week 2 of Lean Phase is complete. Man, I hate push ups and there are so many in Lean 3 - UGH! My arms are jell-o. I've had Turbo Fire for 7 months and this is the first time I tried HIIT 30 - was just super intimidated and scared of it. Turns out, it wasn't as scary I thought but it did kick my butt. I prefer Fire 30 (same burn) but I guess it's good to change things up and keep the body guessing.

I wonder if I would be able to at least do the 63 day challenge of Insanity or if I would just dread the boot camp style too much. Decisions, decisions...
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Thursday and Friday were not good food days. I worked out on Thursday.. Burn Intervals, but I was not able to work out yesterday.. So today I did yesterday and today.. Burn 3 and Ab burner.. Good workout. I think I am doing better on Burn this time around becasue I am lifting heavier. I LOVE it!!!!

Better eating today.. I sis my Shaleology two times today to clean my self out... Whew!!
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    Fire 60 - done.

Sorta mailed it in today. Just couldn't get my head in the game and therefore energy was lacking.

But I have a new mini goal to train for: my company's Christmas Party. It's December 16th and they pretty much go all out. Everybody gets done up to the nines and it's fabulous. I rented an AMAZING Badgley Mischka dress from Rent the Runway (love that website - rent couture dresses for SOOOO much less - you don't feel guilty about spending a fortune on a dress u only wear once - it's genius!) So I must do this dress justice and get my *kitten* in gear and in shape!!!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well as of tomorrown I am starting the CLX/ TF hybrid that in the TF guide book. I really need to get my *kitten* moving after taking off for longer than I care to admit and eating worse than I have in probably a year. I am close to my goal (15 to 20 pounds away) and really need to focus on getting back in the game. You ladies are such an inspiration to me! Thanks!

Tracy
  • Pinguo
    Pinguo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Burn 1 Week 4 done!!
    very nice feeling

tracy: You ll get on track with CLX/TF ;-).
    muffin : that a great motivation this dress for our company party
    good day
  • firedragon064
    Options
    I should not skip my work out . Once I do I skipped for 2,3 days and this weekend I ate so bad.
    Whenever I ate simple carbo, I keep wanting more also. I have to get back to my eating routine.
    Toniight I will do Push 3 and no more excuses!
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    W3, Lean 1 - done!

The Tricep Push-up: Quite possibly the most eeeeeeeevil exercise ever. Born from the depths of workout HELL.
    #1 - My triceps are the weakest thing on my body.
    #2 - I HATE push-ups.

I've never been able to do one correctly, let alone on my toes. I've got the worst case of chicken wings and my elbows just pop out every time. How do you guys do this push-up???? Am I that weak or is there some secret???
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Muffin....I too never look forward to push ups. I've been gradually getting better but my head always hangs down and I know that is not correct. Hey at least I'm doint them right?!

When I first started tricep push ups with Cathe, I started on the ball which was easier. I then moved on to the knees and now I can do "a few" on my toes. Just keep trying. I think they are like sit ups...no matter how many of them you do, the burn happens quick!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So I totally blew off all but one workout this week. However, my week wasn't physically a waste. I've hauled boxes on top of boxes (rather heavy ones at that) up and down my basement stairs and done heavy duty cleaning the majority of the week. The good news is I didn't gain anything, but the bad news is I have to restart week 3 of push today. Between the workload I've had on my plate and the things I needed to accomplish while I had my kids home this week, it was a have-to situation to skip, but I'm definitely ready to get going again.

Muffin--I can't do crap when it comes to triceps push-ups. I'm getting better at general push-ups on my toes and my husband complimented my form when he saw me doing the push-ups in push 3 the other day, but the triceps push-ups are THE DEVIL! Kinda glad it's only general push-ups in this phase.

You guys are doing so GREAT!!! Keep up the excellent work!!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oops...I meant push 1, not push 3 with the push-ups. With that said Push1W3 done....again. :laugh:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    My tip re: tricep pushups, make sure your hands are directly under your shoulders. So much easier to push up from that position.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Holy moly. My arms are a-shakin! Just finished Push Wk 1 Day 1. I was so nervous but made it through. I actually really like the shorter, more intense sessions. If we are talkin about what we really dislike.....I thought I hated pushups,,,but I have come to realize I detest deadlifting LOL!! Have a great day!