Workouts

Options

Replies

• prettytothinkso
    Options
    do you spread your feet wide when you try to do toe pushups? this helps some :)

Brazil Butt Lift that little sneak puts in PushUps. I was like Noooo! and he has you do a few slooow and then on a 1,2 count. Murder. should be illegal.

I should try that! I have a thousand pounds to lose though, do you think that is making it harder for me? I do them way better than I used to, so that's something.

Sneaky Butt Lift dude!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I did Lean 2 for the first time last night. I went lighter than I did in Lean 1 because my arms were still sore and I'm pretty uncoorindated so I don't have the best form when I'm doing upper and lower body moves at the same time. Hopefully as the weeks go on and I know the moves a little better my form will improve too.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    do you spread your feet wide when you try to do toe pushups? this helps some :)

Brazil Butt Lift that little sneak puts in PushUps. I was like Noooo! and he has you do a few slooow and then on a 1,2 count. Murder. should be illegal.

I should try that! I have a thousand pounds to lose though, do you think that is making it harder for me? I do them way better than I used to, so that's something.

Sneaky Butt Lift dude!

I'm not saying that your extra weight isn't hurting you, but I did notice as I lost the leg stuff for me got easier! (lunges and squats. Hate the runners lunges).

Today I did a new BBL dvd and he did pushups AS THE WARM UP! Then we did Push Up Rows. Gotta thank Chalene for making me believe in myself on those. Still can't do as many as the smiling BBL crew, but whatever. I do more than the guy next door! (a bazillion!!)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I did Lean 2 for the first time last night. I went lighter than I did in Lean 1 because my arms were still sore and I'm pretty uncoorindated so I don't have the best form when I'm doing upper and lower body moves at the same time. Hopefully as the weeks go on and I know the moves a little better my form will improve too.

I was hoping I would max out my weight on Lean, but i decided Form over Weight! I'm not mad. I feel pretty darn good actually.

Don't hurt yourself by overweighting. And don't let it bring you down. We're here for you!!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Burn Intervals and Stretch 10 today. Oh it felt so good.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Turbo fire greatest hiits and stretch 10 today. Amazing thing is I only burned 50 less calories doing this workout then I did doing burn intervals and stretch 10 thursday. I'll take that because it was half the time.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lean Circuit 2 today. I am still dripping in sweat-- 372 calories! I am pleased that I could do the planks + rows on my toes instead of my knees this time.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 3 of Lean/Circuit 1 - 405 calories. These workouts really kick my butt.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Lean Circuit 2 today. I am still dripping in sweat-- 372 calories! I am pleased that I could do the planks + rows on my toes instead of my knees this time.

great work!!!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did D1 W1 Burn Circuit 1 yesterday!!! So amazing- burned 441 calories according to my HRM. I am so sore- but in such a wonderful way!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I did D1 W1 Burn Circuit 1 yesterday!!! So amazing- burned 441 calories according to my HRM. I am so sore- but in such a wonderful way!

that's a great start!
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Lean 1 today and stretch 10 for a total of 188 calorie burn per my BMF does that sound about right? I am now a week behind on the schedule I had a few things come up last week and wasn't able to stay on schedule so I did a week of cardio and am now back on track. I have this week and next and will be done with this first round of CLX.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Lean 1 today and stretch 10 for a total of 188 calorie burn per my BMF does that sound about right? I am now a week behind on the schedule I had a few things come up last week and wasn't able to stay on schedule so I did a week of cardio and am now back on track. I have this week and next and will be done with this first round of CLX.

You don't burn much during stretch/yoga. But it does sound a little low, even for Lean 1.

-going to see if i can find some of my burns for that one-
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    looks like my Lean 1's were in the low 300's for that workout.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    looks like my Lean 1's were in the low 300's for that workout.

I know that it does depend on size and other factors so to give a little more data I am only 5"2 and weight about 129. I found a really neat calculator on Livestrong that gives an estimate of calorie burn during strength training and it was saying about 234 so not to far off from that I guess.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Today I did Extreme Intervals-- it's one of the Deluxe workouts. Holy moly, Chalene uses that stability ball as an instrument of torture! By which I mean, great workout. 410 calories.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

That sounds just like me. Both my HRM and BMF show I do not burn a lot during weight lifting. Usually around 150 -200.

I love Lean. I haven't really increased my weights much but I don't care. I'm getting so much stronger. I can finally do regular push ups. They aren't all pretty but they get better with every workout.

I have 1.5 weeks of Lean left. I was torn over what to do next but I've decided to go through another round of CLX. I know from past experience that three months isn't enough time to get the amount of definition I want. My forearms are showing the definition/striation I want. My upper arms need more time. I need to lose more body fat too. I'm at 25% now but would love to get down near 20%.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

That could be right, I don't burn a lot during strength workouts, every body is different. I haven't gotten that far but in Burn my burns usually average 130-160.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today I did Extreme Intervals-- it's one of the Deluxe workouts. Holy moly, Chalene uses that stability ball as an instrument of torture! By which I mean, great workout. 410 calories.

Sounds like fun! I think pushups are torture. Did you get the Deluxe separate or order it at the same time?
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did burn circuit 2 today. Killing me with these triceps lol. Burned 450 calories according to my HRM.