Workouts

Options

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    So I thought I would go up in weight for the first bicep curl for the first circuit yesterday oh my goodness :noway: I'm glad I did but I can understand why Pipsg1r1 said she didn't really go up in weights during this phase.

see! i wouldn't steer you wrong! Most of the places I went up on were the Break Downs - like the squats or whatever, since those aren't combined moves.

It looks like 2.5-5lbs only. and I would write a + or :( for "go up" or "go down." for good weight i would draw a :)

I also write "k" for the number of Knee pushups I did. this way I could see true improvement in my "regular" vs. "knees."
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a support group for Chalean EXtreme!!! I am in my second round and am in the second week of the Push phase! Keep up the good work ladies :)
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options

It looks like 2.5-5lbs only. and I would write a + or :( for "go up" or "go down." for good weight i would draw a :)

I also write "k" for the number of Knee pushups I did. this way I could see true improvement in my "regular" vs. "knees."

That's very similar to what I do. I use arrows -- up or down. If nothing is there, then the weight was good. I write "K" & "T" for the pushups. And use "L" & "R" when doing left and right side moves.

Today I did Lean 3 for the first time. It is my least favorite at this point. Too many dang push ups. But I do love the chest flys.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options

That's very similar to what I do. I use arrows -- up or down. If nothing is there, then the weight was good. I write "K" & "T" for the pushups. And use "L" & "R" when doing left and right side moves.

Today I did Lean 3 for the first time. It is my least favorite at this point. Too many dang push ups. But I do love the chest flys.

My chest was screaming all weekend after Lean 3 so many push-ups and chest flies. But I definitely see an improvement.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    good job Ladies!!

I loved the flys also. In BBL Leandro does some flys with the knees "tabletop." then he has you do one side at a time. these are GREAT!

I'm not using as much weight with BBL tho, but he moves much faster than Chalean.

I'm thinking of adding the CHX Recharge or Burn Intervals into my BBL routine. I miss her :(
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I did Burn 2 yesterday. It went better than last week when I tried to get back into CLX after vacation, but I still struggled a bit. I was just going to finish where I left off in Burn before vacation but since I took off longer than planned I think I will end up doing another week of it to get me into better shape for the Push circuit. I am going camping the 20th for few days anyway so I can do Burn up until then and start Push when I get back. I didn't think it was going to be so hard for me to get back on track, but I'm trying. :)
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of push so today was burn intervals and abs. Today was the first day on the schedule for extreme abs. Now I know why it is called extreme! LOL It is really my weakest area though. I was just happy I could hang with about 75% of each exercise. Hoping next week I do a little better. Does anyone do the ab workout more than once a week? So far I have stuck to the schedule to a T.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I liked Extreme abs better than the regular abs. I never added any extra days.
    But you'll be feeling it in Lean b/c of the combo moves.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Did lean 2 today and followed it up with parts of the recharge to hopefully stretch me out a little. In this phase I am finding 4 1/2 minutes of cool down is just not enough. As the day goes on I tend to get more and more stiff. Is anyone else finding this to be the case? If so what have you done to help combat the issue. I am so excited I bought a BMF and it should be here by Monday now I will know what I actually burn each day. :happy: :bigsmile:
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    I liked Extreme abs better than the regular abs. I never added any extra days.
    But you'll be feeling it in Lean b/c of the combo moves.

I haven't been able to do ab workout at all this month. I am hoping I can start doing them again next week.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I actually didn't really do Chalene's "cool down." I would normally do my own created from pieces of yoga I like (Downward dog, plank, upward dog, and seated torso stretches.)

So when they go on and on and eventually that lady comes on and says "yer coawch well help yeew in anee way yeww need..." then I know I should get up and move on with my day ;)

I actually do the same thing for most of the BBL cool downs - except the chair sit postition where one knee is on the other and you crouch lower. This really stretched the hammies. But you can also do this lying down without having to worry about the balance.

So if you kind of have some of the stretching memorized you can just put your own together.

hugs,
    t
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Did lean 2 today and followed it up with parts of the recharge to hopefully stretch me out a little. In this phase I am finding 4 1/2 minutes of cool down is just not enough. As the day goes on I tend to get more and more stiff. Is anyone else finding this to be the case? If so what have you done to help combat the issue. I am so excited I bought a BMF and it should be here by Monday now I will know what I actually burn each day. :happy: :bigsmile:

I don't generally follow her cool downs. I do my own thing. It always seems like she stays in a runner's lunge way too long.

It doesn't seem to me that she does enough cool down on the arms, which is always my most fatigued part, especially in this Lean phase. I do a few leg stretches/cool downs and then move on to arm and back stretches.

And then I continue to do mild stretches throughout the day. I'm only one week in on Lean, but this seems to help so far.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm back in the saddle again, after being sick and on vacation for the last week or so. (Did go walking and swimming and such when I was gone, so it wasn't a total wash.) Today I decided to do Lower Body Extreme Zone to ease myself back in. Whoa, ease was totally the wrong thought there-- it was really tough! Lots of lunges, squats and toning band exercises. It felt like a more old-school "toning" program than the rest of CLX. I'm sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. Calorie burn was 367.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Lean circuit 3 and some extra stretching today I am so excited I was able to do 8 push ups into side plank on my toes and then turn around and do 6 traveling push ups on my toes today. Last week I was only able to do 5 push ups into side plank and then none of the traveling push ups on my toes so a huge approvement. I will admit I am not seeing the results in my body this month like I was hoping though. Two more weeks and then we will see.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Took an unscheduled day off yesterday so today was Week 2 of Lean/Burn Intervals and did a bazillion bicep curls - 488 calories
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Today I did the free turbo fire dvd that came with the CLX program and now I am contemplating doing the hybrid I really liked the 20 minute HIIT and 10 minutes of stretch. Any one else doing the hybrid?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Today I did the free turbo fire dvd that came with the CLX program and now I am contemplating doing the hybrid I really liked the 20 minute HIIT and 10 minutes of stretch. Any one else doing the hybrid?

I have TF but couldn't do it so I started CHX. I'm hoping that once I get thru BBL or another round of CHX I can add it in.

...i just hate cardio so much...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Did Burn 1 yesterday. I feel like I am finally back on track. I had lost a lot of strength and energy after my break. I feel like my shoulders and upper back are my weakest link. I struggle with overhead press but mostly posterior fly and lateral raises. Hopefully this program will fix that problem.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 2 of Lean/Circuit 3 - 348 calories.

Still doing push ups on my knees :sad: but hopefully by the end of my next round I'll be on my toes like a pro.... :huh:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Week 2 of Lean/Circuit 3 - 348 calories.

Still doing push ups on my knees :sad: but hopefully by the end of my next round I'll be on my toes like a pro.... :huh:

do you spread your feet wide when you try to do toe pushups? this helps some :)

Brazil Butt Lift that little sneak puts in PushUps. I was like Noooo! and he has you do a few slooow and then on a 1,2 count. Murder. should be illegal.