Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 382 Member
    I've noticed our exercise minutes are lagging a bit so . . . .
    Exercise Challenge- get AT LEAST 30 minutes of cardio exercise, each day you get 30 minutes or more you earn an OWL

I definitely need this challenge! I just can't seem to get the motivation I need to workout this week.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Datenshi! I'm so sorry that I missed your introductory post! We're very excited to have you, too, and naturally, you've picked the right house. And by that I mean the best house, of course. ;) I'll send you a message very soon with some information about our challenges and things if you'd like to participate in those.

Lottee1000 and I share Ravenclaw's Head of House duties, so let me know if there is anything you need! :flowerforyou:

I got my owl mail :wink: and am excited to be officially part of the group!

Happy Friday to all!!!

I have a chest cold I have been dueling for a little over two weeks but today I feel quite energized anyway. I took my son out geocaching last night (which involves hiking) and the weather was so gorgeous that I think it has cast a spell over me to get me motivated... lol...okay I won't be that cheesy all the time but I couldn't resist. I get a little hyper and silly sometimes, especially when spring truly arrives. :flowerforyou:

I hope you are all having a terrific day and wish you all lots of positive energy.

Take care,
    Datenshi
    :drinker:
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Hi All!

Just signed up for a survival course in May. Just a weekend, but I'm so excited!!!

I also think I'm going to hit the big 5-0. I can tell because my co-workers keep shoving donuts in my face. Oh the temptation!!! I don't even like them, but that smell...
  • korkster
    Exercise Challenge- get AT LEAST 30 minutes of cardio exercise, each day you get 30 minutes or more you earn an OWL

momofJandA , you actually inspired me to exercise more. I was barely doing 60 minutes a week and now I do much more than that. I loved your idea of doing 900 minutes in a month and decided to up my game as well. I try to do at least 5,000 steps a day, and if I get on the bike to make up those steps I try to do at least 20 minutes.

I'm going hiking with a co-worker this weekend. I encourage everyone to get out! (and have fun!)
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member

Is this for this week, all of this week?
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry for getting the Food Challenge in kinda late. Anywho:

Food Challenge: Eat at least 1lb of Green Leafy Vegetables each day. This can be done via Salads, Juices or Green Smoothies or any other method you can devise, just don't deep fry them.. (If you are juicing your greens, use the weight BEFORE juicing toward the 1lb.)

How does that sound?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member

Is this for this week, all of this week?

Great challenge! And yes - this will be for the entire week coming up...
  • azsuzi
    I am having serious cravings today for bread - biscuits, sub rolls, eggs and toast, a hamburger on the bun - anything with bread! I am going to resist!! I read in one of the forums a while ago that when you get cravings like this, if you can resist you will usually see a drop in weight in a day or two. Here's hoping! :drinker:
  • LordBezoar

Food Challenge: Eat at least 1lb of Green Leafy Vegetables each day. This can be done via Salads, Juices or Green Smoothies or any other method you can devise, just don't deep fry them.. (If you are juicing your greens, use the weight BEFORE juicing toward the 1lb.)

How does that sound?

I should also note that this doesn't have to be 1lb in a single sitting...
  • datenshi

How does that sound?

I strongly dislike most vegetables. It is a miracle that I am getting in the 2oz a day I am getting in now..lol. So I definitely won't be able to meet this challenge unles you count corn flakes as a vegetable but then again they aren't green and leafy... LOL :wink:

Hopefully I will be able to fulfill the next one. :happy:

Have a great weekend!

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • LordBezoar
    Happy Saturday, Ravenclaws!
  • korkster
    Morning Ravenclaws!

289.0! I believe I hit my 50! Yay!

But, man! It is getting harder and harder to lose weight! I'm more active, I eat less... good thing I took those other measurements. I think I'm entering my first plateau.

Have a great Saturday! I'm going on a hike!
  • azsuzi
    Happy Saturday Ravenclaw! I managed to stay away from bread yesterday, but I ate a whole big bag of popcorn last night. :blushing: Ever notice how tricky the nutrition labels are on popcorn bags? A serving is 2 tablespoons unpopped and there are 3 servings per bag. Then the nutrition section tells you how many calories are in the 2 unpopped tablespoons (like you can even eat it that way?) and in 1 cup of popped - not the 2 tablespoons popped or per serving. After some more reading of fine print, I found that there are 4 cups of popped in 2 tablespoons unpopped - so that means there are 12 cups of popped popcorn in each bag! Oh, well... At least I got my fiber in for the day! :laugh:
  • azsuzi
    Hey! We won the Quidditch Match last week!! :drinker:
    Here's our Week 2 results AND the combined results so far!

nx7u38.jpg

Ravenclaw won this week's Quidditch Match! Congrats, Eagles!

Hufflepuff's still in the lead for the House Cup and Quidditch Cup overall, tho. Great work, Badgers!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Woohoo!!! Congrats on the quidditch match! Excellent success guys! :) (And thanks for the post, Sue)

And thank you for our food and exercise challenges for the week. I have a bad habit of not weighing vegetables, but I really do need to get better at keeping an accurate record for them. Something to shoot for, definitely!

As for my own, I went a little silly this week with things like chocolate and food I wouldn't normally eat, and I want to blame it on the fact that it was my last week in my current role (so a little nervous about the upcoming one) and some mini-celebrations with people, but honestly, I knew better. My goal this week is to do it right and get myself back on track and have a great week. Hope you're all with me! :)
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member

Great challenge! And yes - this will be for the entire week coming up...

Oh the week coming up- gottcha. Sorry was confused.

Happy Saturday- let the weekend begin!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    green leafy vegetables . . . I hate them almost as much as I hate planks!!!!! I will do my best but not holding out too much hope for those OWLS . . . too bad I couldn't earn double exercise OWLS!!!

<3
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Hi! Seeing this group totally made my day; I just joined. Can I be a Ravenclaw too?

Welcome! Just went you a message with the info you'll need to get started. Ask questions if you have them - we're happy to have you!

--

And on another note with the food challenge, if it's a stretch for you to get to 16 oz of green leafy vegetables, make it a challenge to stretch yourself from where you are now. For example, if you currently eat around 4 oz, try stretching for at least 8-10. Most of us don't eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables as it is, so it's a good idea to push yourself for more than what you've been including. :)
  • datenshi
    Wandering the halls late at night but off to bed soon. Had a busy day today with air cadets, planning for our next year and then right after attended the production of Oliver my 7yo son is in playing one of the orphans. Had a delicious catered lunch during our planning meeting since outside food was not allowed at the location. I ate what I wanted but kept my portions small.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Has finally got back down to 100.5 Ibs 45.8 Kgs but is scared that I lost it too quickly as the last time I weighed my self I weighed 104 Ibs.