Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!
    Didn't run this morning- little miss decided to wake up at 5:15 as I was walking out the door. I am always amazed at how much I can't eat when I don't run. I get used to those extra 400-500 calories a day and then when they are not there its like "HOLY COW" I want to eat- and I don't even feel like I( eat that much or that high calorie on a regular basis . . . its just those 400-500 extra calories come in handy
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Am thinking that I might have changed a formula in the spreadsheet by accident.
    It was the formula to convert kg to lbs - I fixed it.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Getting ready to study for today's test (at noon) then the rest of today and tomorrow will be devoted to my final presentation for this class. Hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws!

Whew. Been a busy couple days for me, but so far, I'm loving my new job (yay!). Gotta get up and do some exercise in a minute. I have a birthday celebration for a friend tonight, and it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be eating a piece of cake, and sadly, my daily budget doesn't really allow for that as it is. So there is only one way to solve that (short of feeling rude when I refuse the cake, lol).

Housekeeping
    Looking at the spreadsheet, we are missing several weigh-ins. I'll be sending off our totals tonight, so if anyone wants to add in some last second updates, they'll be included, but only if they're done within the next few hours:

_gwen
    ahubacek
    brittlynn07
    datenshi
    hollyg123
    sundancer1966

Hope you're all having a good week (and hope a few of you get to put a halt to some of this stress soon, too)!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I think I just lost my FitBit tracker!!! I feel naked without it. Now I won't know how many steps I've done in a day. I hoping against reality that I find it okay later on, but it's not looking good. :sad:

Oh NO! Not good- did you find it?

I am thinking about getting a Nike+ FuelBand. Probably will order one in the next day or two. :) Super excited.

I'm off to do TurboFire Fire 45 now- talk about a great calorie burn!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Crazy day today - the only bad part of vacation is coming home and trying to catch up on everything - plus I have some extra family obligations, so stress level is going up, but I went to the store and stocked up on healthy foods today, then went to the apartment complex pizza party for dinner... I paid for it, though, since I had to go to my running class afterwards, and run up and down this really steep hill over and over...

@azsuzi - hope you did well on your test

@momofJandA - I can so relate to relying on running to give me some extra calories to play with (like tonight!) - hope your daughter sleeps in tomorrow so you can get your workout in :-)
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Crazy day today - the only bad part of vacation is coming home and trying to catch up on everything - plus I have some extra family obligations, so stress level is going up, but I went to the store and stocked up on healthy foods today, then went to the apartment complex pizza party for dinner... I paid for it, though, since I had to go to my running class afterwards, and run up and down this really steep hill over and over...

@srp2011 - Good for you burning off the extra calories! :) I'm sure it wasn't the highlight of your day, but at least you kept to it. Better than I do on most splurge days, so I'll have to use you as inspiration next time, lol.

@korkster - Oh nooo :( Do you have any idea where it is? :/
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Korkster- oh noes! Hope you find it! I lost my ipod the other day which has m running apps on it, and I cannot work out without music- felt bereft! Fortunately a kid at school found it and handed it in...

Right, house stuff...

Congratulations to Lord Bezoar and CivicSista, you guys are our prefects this week! Well done for getting the most OWLs last week!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Korkster- oh noes! Hope you find it! I lost my ipod the other day which has m running apps on it, and I cannot work out without music- felt bereft! Fortunately a kid at school found it and handed it in...

Right, house stuff...

Congratulations to Lord Bezoar and CivicSista, you guys are our prefects this week! Well done for getting the most OWLs last week!

Woohoo!! Thank you! Love this group.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    *High fives CivicSista* Woot!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I found the FitBit! It was in the back seat of my car. I felt stupid. Oh well, it's safe and secure now. *taps hip* Check it out, I've already walked 2,000 steps today before 11am. :)

Signed up for survival training. Happens on May 5th. Am sooooo excited!

I'm doing good on the workout challenge, but am bombing the food. At least I'm keeping my posts up. ;)
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am finally back on my feet from this annoying chest cold. On Monday my manager sent me home from work sick and the doctor ordered bed rest for two days and an inhaler. I still have a little bit of the cold but it is a lot better than what it was. Woot!

I was well under my calories on one day and well over on the next although the foods I ate were alright nutrition wise. Today I am back to keeping in check. I am trying to switch to mostly organic and/or gluten free foods so today I have had organic, gluten free cereal for breakfast, some fruit for snacks, and organic gluten-free toasted bread with organic peanut butter and prganic fruit spread. I was a little worried it was going to taste bland or dry but it was actually quite good.

This weekend the weather looks like it is going to be nice so I am going to go hiking and geocaching and rack up those exercise minutes. Sometimes when I go hiking I will go for three hours or more.

Well I hope you all are having a wonderful week and working hard towards your goals.

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hello . . . . ravenclaws!!! Doing pretty good today- avoiding stress eating which is a good thing. Tomorrow is a scoring day for me which means I'll be sitting on my bum for 8 hours- which I am totally not used to. . . at least I can work on my posture and get a good ab workout in (at least that's the plan :wink: )
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @korkster- I'm so glad you found your fitbit! I do that all the time with my phone! haha

I hope everyone had a good day!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Evenin' eagles :)

I have a proposal for anyone who is interested. By no means take this as my way of saying that I *want* to lose any of you, but one of our fellow houses has been struggling for quite some time, partly because they do not have the same core of active members that we have here (you're all so awesome).

I know you all chose our house for a reason (or were sorted here, rather), but if any of you had leanings toward the Slytherin side of the castle and might consider switching to help build them into a stronger house, at least know that the invitation is open.

Again, I :heart: you all, so please don't think this means we wouldn't love to keep every member we have, but if you're flexible and want to help the group as a whole to be successful with our challenges, etc., let me know if you'd be interested in making the switch. This will be a last resort option, so please don't switch immediately (unless that's just something you really want to do). We're going to to see if they can work some magic first (heh), and then go from there. Either way, you know you'd always be welcome back with us at any time.

And now back to our regularly scheduled common room chatter. :)
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    On a more personal note, I might take my Sorting Hat pen set to work to decorate my desk in my new office. I'm pretty excited about it. ^.^
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

This week has been a stressful one, and it's all I can do not to stress eat, or at least not eat too many bad things - luckily I hit the store yesterday and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies :-)

@Datenshi - glad you are feeling better!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to make my EOM goal, but I'm happy that I'm getting close. The exercising has really helped out... although I skipped yesterday. It was too long of a day and I was too tired to do anything. Still got in 5500 steps, so I'm happy with that.

Today my friend & I are going to REI to get our multi-tools for survival training. I am. SO. EXCITED! It's still a little over a week away, but I can't contain my enthusiasm.

I find it funny listening to others (in the real world) talk about going on crash diets and getting gym memberships to get into shape, and here we are and we've been doing it without all of those "fab" miracle diets. That makes me proud of us. :smooched:
  • datenshi
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

This week has been a stressful one, and it's all I can do not to stress eat, or at least not eat too many bad things - luckily I hit the store yesterday and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies :-)

@Datenshi - glad you are feeling better!

Awwww. thank you. :flowerforyou:

You did the right thing by skipping the junk and going for the good stuff. That takes a good amount of will power. Good for you!

AFM:
    Bit by bit getting better and today I even have my sunglasses off (I get migraines and really bad headaches so I often have to wear my sunglasses all day even indoors).

Last night was Mess Dinner for the air cadet squadron I am a Cadet Instructor for. I had the white dinner roll since I am a sucker for breads but I passed on the cake. Woot! I even ate salad which I am not a fan of. The main course was roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, and roasted vegetables. It was soooooooo good.

I found out that I will be attending the spring training exercise with the cadets and was advised by one of the Captains, "prepare to get dirty". It involves survival training like shelter building and knot tying as well as sport training such as archery, obstacle course and canoeing. I will probably be burning a lot of calories that weekend but will have to eat military rations which I doubt has the nutritional information listed...lol. It is in a week and a half and I am really looking forward to it.

I hope you all are having a great week!!! :drinker:

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • datenshi
    Options
    Regarding Slytherin House - Maybe the group should take a look at why people aren't joining that house. A good way to start is to look at why people are joining other houses. Is it becasue of activity levels? Is it because of personal preference due to the films/books? Are they not as interested in the challenges offered in another house?

For example I first joined Ravenclaw because I looked at the profile for each head of house to find who I seemed most compatible with and that was Kelly. One of the heads has a closed profile so I couldn't check that one. I used the sorting hat after and it just confirmed Ravenclaw

Anyway, just a thought.

Take care,
    Datenshi