Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    just weighed in for the week- didn't "lose" anything but after the 3lbs weight gain at the beginning of the week I was ecstatic to see the scale back where it was last week
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

Sorry I've been missing in action this week, but I was on vacation and the internet connection, or the laptop I had with me, was awful and you can't get to the message boards on the iPhone app... but I'm back now. It was a great trip - I got to hike and take exercise classes 3-4 hours a day, and the food was great and super healthy - and I actually lost weight while I was gone - woohoo! Love the challenges for this week - it will help me keep up the momentum I had going on vacation.

@azsuzi - have you tried the low-fat mini-bags of popcorn, like SmartPop? They are only 100 calories each - I'm addicted to them and the serving size is defined - for me it's enough to satisfy that craving.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    @azsuzi - have you tried the low-fat mini-bags of popcorn, like SmartPop? They are only 100 calories each - I'm addicted to them and the serving size is defined - for me it's enough to satisfy that craving.
    That's what I usually have but we didn't have any in the house that night. And, as it turns out, I ate my son's movie butter popcorn instead of the healthier stuff that was behind it that I didn't even know was there! I ended up losing half a pound this week anyway, so not too much damage done.

Another homework day in front of me. That Snape is really a taskmaster! :laugh:

Happy Earth Day!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi. :) I've been in this group for a couple of weeks now but I just got to looking through it and reading about the challenges, etc. I'd like to jump right in and join Ravenclaw!

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) I've been in this group for a couple of weeks now but I just got to looking through it and reading about the challenges, etc. I'd like to jump right in and join Ravenclaw!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Welcome! Glad you've joined us! :) I'll get you some more information in a message as soon as possible to help, but it sounds like you might already be ahead of the game. Let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hmm, no loss for me this week unfortunately. But today I went to the gym! :laugh: (This is a big event for me lol.) I power walked on the treadmill, and then I went on the elliptical/cross trainer for 10 minutes, and then I went slowly on the bikes. I hate the elliptical! My legs were dead after and I felt like vomiting. Ugh. Only reason I stayed on is I wanted to reach 100 calories burnt. That thing is hard. I have so much respect for my friends on here who I see have been on for 30-60 minutes - HOW?!

Anyway, wanting to wish you all luck for this week and this week challenges :smile: . I'm hoping I can meet the cardio goal at least.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    good morning!
    went running in the drizzle rain this morning- actually really really liked it (there goes that excuse for not running). The obstacle course of puddles and sticks was interesting but ended up with my best time yet- so something worked (maybe the new songs i put on my MP3 player did it).
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I ended up gaining 3 pounds this week. I will not let it discourage me though! Hopefully I can lose those 3 this week and at least get back to where I was.
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

It's Monday (again). Got a full day today. Hoping I can resist to eat during class this morning.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Ravenclaws! I thought I might share a smoothie recipe to help with the greens challenge today:

Shake.jpg

Toss everything in your blender and Blend blend blend. I will admit that this is much easier if you have a commercial-style blender like a Blendtec or a Vitamix. I LOVE my Vitamix.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    grrr I also gained this week. 2 lbs.....

Off to the store for shopping for the week.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaving Ravenclaws! How you all been? I am back! Back from New Zealand, back on the diet and exercise horse, back in the common room! Great to see so many new faces, will try to catch up with you all soon.

Have managed to not put weight on over my holiday (miracle) but not going to get anywhere near my target for this month, oh wells! It can become my May target instead.

Off to bed now (10pm, getting up at 5am to do 30DS-wonder how long this dedication will last?!), fab to be back, Lottee Xx
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ravenclaw! Stress, stress, stress - test tonight, test tomorrow, presentation due Thursday plus full-time work! I finally broke down and asked for a couple of days off - I'm getting tired and run down. Just need to focus on finishing up these classes - 2 more weeks to go!

Welcome back Lottee!!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws! This week is going to be a tough one for me because I've been out of town and out of the gym, and I also woke up this morning to a particular illness that is going to plague me for the next five or six days. I'm going to try to keep eating healthy and exercising with as much strength as I can muster, though!

Anyway, since I'm new, I have a question. Do we log house points as we go along or should I wait until the end of the week to post my total on the sheet? I went ahead and did it today and just assumed I could edit it as the week progressed, but if this isn't how everyone else does it I will gladly change.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Azsuzi- it always sounds like you work far too hard anyway, I think you deserve a few days off! Good luck with your last two weeks of study!

stablesong- It's up to you on the house points- some people log every day to help them remember or to motivate themselves, some people jst wait until weigh-in day. Spreadsheet is always editable (probs not a word) so either way you fancy really. I'm oing to try and do every day for a while to remind myself.

Aaaand- I did not do 30DS shred this morning (shock news) but will try and do it tonight- ran 6km last night which is further than I've ever run before, and I could barely get out of bed this morning. Ouchy!!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! It was hard getting back into the groove today after vacation, but I am happy to report that I lost about 1.5 pounds while I was gone - all the hiking and biking and aerobics paid off - yay! Now I desperately need to get to the store and stock up my fridge - I'm living off frozen foods, but I just ate my last veggies for dinner, so I'll have to find time to get there tomorrow...
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am thinking that I might have changed a formula in the spreadsheet by accident.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Which formula?
  • lottee1000
    Options
    You probably haven't because it's protect by password, unless you've logged on a password it won't let you edit locked features. Will have a look though, do you know which formula?
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think I just lost my FitBit tracker!!! I feel naked without it. Now I won't know how many steps I've done in a day. I hoping against reality that I find it okay later on, but it's not looking good. :sad: