Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't think I posted my stats for yesterday, OY!

Sunday 12/4

Newts: 16
    Owls: 0
    House Points: 0
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had that big interview in New York last week and if you don't already know I got the job! I am very excited about this new adventure ... although I feel like I have so much to do in so little time. I am supposed to start the job in January. The job is in Abu Dhabi so I have to get a work visa processed first as well as visas for my children to live there. I am excited about the adventure, the pay raise, and the fact that we can fly to see the pyramids of Egypt for less than $100 USD. How amazing is that? I know some websites are restricted there so I need to figure out if I can use MFP asap. I don't think I can live without my MFP friends. Thank you for all of your love and support.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Queeda, once again congratulations! This is such an exciting chapter in your life, I really hope you can access MFP while living in Abu Dhabi so we can all join you on your new adventure and obviously provide you with continued help with your weight loss!

It's crazy to think how many miles you're moving, yet by moving to Abu Dhabi you'll be over 1000 miles closer to me than you are when you're in Georgia! As you can see I'm avoiding all forms of school work and so I googled the distance between us :laugh:
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Molly that is awesome! I love procrastination , but get back to work! (In my teacher voice). Thank you for the Congratulations. I am really excited and proud.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, I did go to my first Zumba class today and my beautiful daughter, msrobinson, was right..I did love it, even though I felt really uncordinated (sp?). I did get to leave work on time however, left work undone, and brought work home on top of it EEECCCHHHH!!! So, here are my stats for today:

12/5

Newts: 18
    Owls: 18
    House Pts: 60

congrats on your 1st zumba class!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I had that big interview in New York last week and if you don't already know I got the job! I am very excited about this new adventure ... although I feel like I have so much to do in so little time. I am supposed to start the job in January. The job is in Abu Dhabi so I have to get a work visa processed first as well as visas for my children to live there. I am excited about the adventure, the pay raise, and the fact that we can fly to see the pyramids of Egypt for less than $100 USD. How amazing is that? I know some websites are restricted there so I need to figure out if I can use MFP asap. I don't think I can live without my MFP friends. Thank you for all of your love and support.

This is such a great opportunity!! you're going to be amazing!! sending positive vibes to you via MFP!!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The week so far:
    OWLs - 74
    NEWTs - 36 (someone offered me a chocolate finger and I took it without even thinking...and I had to comfort myself after having my dentist pretty much rip my jaw off my face.
    House Points - 120

Had a long difficult day but looking forward to getting into bed in a moment because I changed my sheets and I don't have to do anything or listen to what anyone else has to say for approximately 7 hours...assuming I don't have weird dreams or sleepwalk!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just found the groups feature on MFP so this is my first post.

Sunday 12/4/2011: HP=0, OWLS =0, Newts= 19
    I was flying home from a visit with my friend in Denver, CO. In the morning we went window shopping downtown and walked around for about an hour and a half. We were strolling pretty slowly so I wasn't sure if that counts as exercise.
    Monday 12/5/2011: weight= 161.8lb, HP=60, OWLS= 4, NEWTs= 19

Hello, and welcome to hufflepuff!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I made it home from my trip last night and promptly flooded my condo. The washer just kept filling (and filling), and water was eventually over the sides, into the kitchen and into the living room! I think I have the water contained, carpet and padding dried out. My friend from work offered to take all the towels and other clothes that I could not get rinsed/dried fast enough home with her tomorrow and wash them for me...I soooo owe this women dinner and a drink!---Going washer shopping this weekend!

bumflapassass-I Great job with the stretching. I love it, and use it as a reward for finishing up my cardio and or weights. I envisioned the stretching to be left side 30 sec 2 owl's right side 30 sec 2 owl's I had been seeing low numbers and wanted a challenge where the numbers could be higher! I hope the dentist fixed you up! I have such a love/hate relationship with mine. Hate when I am in pain and love when she fixes my teeth and makes the pain go away!
    Queeda--congrats on the job...it sounds like a very exciting chapter in you and your kids life. I'll keep my fingers crossed you can use MFP while you are there.
    Mandy congrats on finishing your course, a great feat indeed!
    Molly...Feel better soon, I've already had that stuff once...and desperately trying not to get it again (constantly exposed to it). Living on zinc, and vitamin c
    danizaga...congrats on the new jean size...feels great doesn't it!
    skinnysuzie...congrats on the 1st zumba class...My gym moved up my class an hour so it is now a physical impossibility for me to make on time. I hate leaving my charts to finish the next morning...I can not get my EMR at home, so for better or worse I can't take work home with me (though I can stay an extra hour to make sure it is done!)
    rsagi--Welcome to Hufflepuff!
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Forgot to post my stats

Sunday 12/4
    HP 90
    OWLs 20
    NEWT's 10 (those darn snacks while I was shopping)

Monday 12/5
    HP 59
    OWL's 22
    NEWT's 12 (okay the left over no bake cookies got to me!)

Tuesday 12/6

HP 79
    OWL's 20
    NEWT's 19 (finally back to work and back on track!):smile:
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Woo. I am doing bad with the snacking today :mad: I blame TOM :ohwell: Hope you all did better than me!

NEWTs-12
    OWLs-0 :mad:

I need to get to stretching.
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Mon:
    18 Newts
    5 Owls (did a Yoga video in the morning)
    60 House Points (Zumba in the evening)

Tues:
    18 Newts
    0 Owls-pretty sore from yesterday:tongue:
    0 House Points

Queeda, I am so excited for you! That sounds like an incredible experience! Skinnysuzie (mom) I am so glad you enjoyed Zumba! On a side note, I had planned to hit the gym today after work, but can barely keep my eyes open. The fire alarm went off in my building at 5:00 this morning...grumblegrumble. I'm pooped and going to bed Huffles!

~Mandy
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My stats for today

Newts: 18
    Owls: 0
    House points:0 Got home really late from work, and although it is waaay past my bedtime, wanted to get my post in 8 ) Yayy!! tomorrow is Wednesday already! sleep well huffies.
  • Timtam_slam
    Timtam_slam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Hufflepuffs,

I lost 3 Newts today because the smell of Kettle corn on campus was overwhelming. I was still able to work out and get stretching in though.

Stats 12/6:
    HP=60
    OWL=4
    NEWTs=17.
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Congratulations Hufflepuffs! We won the house cup again! Keep up your great work. If you want you can use the badge as your avatar to display your honor. Since we don't have signatures anymore :mad: I am so proud of you all either way. I totally understand wanting to keep your pictures though ... I know I am going to keep mine until we come up with an effective solution.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Guys I have great news! I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!! You'll probably all know this since I think I'm friends with you all, but this is by far the best thing that's ever happened to me.

The uni I'm going to is 90 miles away from my house and for my subject, children's nursing, there are 550 applicants and only 35 places. I had an interview for this uni two weeks ago, along with an English and Maths test, plus interviews with a group of 10 year olds and two professionals from the uni. It was scary, and today I found out I am one of the lucky 35!! I cried so much, because this means the world to me. Thank you all for the prayers and messages you sent me when I had my interview, it seems to have paid off!!

Stats for 6/12

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 18
    H.P - 25

7/12

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 18
    N.P - 28

Sorry that I'm slacking on the OWLs challenge, I will do it!!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    well done molly :)

Numbers for the week so far:
    OWLs - 74
    NEWTs - 54
    House Points - 240
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Yea Hufflepuffs I am so proud of our accomplishment of winning the house cup. I am thankful to be a part of this team!

Congrats Molly...Your hard work has finally paid off!

HP 65
    owls 18
    newts 17
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Ate so many yummy things today, but blew my calorie limit I'm afraid.
    Newts 15
    Owls 0
    House points 0
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Molly I am unbelievably proud of you. Great job! Looks like we will both be starting new adventures soon! :flowerforyou:

Blew my calories and ate WAY too much junk today.

NEWTs-12
    OWL-5

TMI alert: Ever since I gave birth to my daughter my body has been totally out of whack. I skipped my cycle for two months and then I had it for what seems like forever. I finally thought things were getting back to normal with having a cycle once a month 5-7 days YAY but apparently I was wrong. I have been on this cycle for 14 days officially. This can't be normal. Of course I can't get an appointment to the doctor for a week which by then I PRAY it will be over, but who knows. If anyone has any experience with this or anything similar let me know. I am really freaking out :mad: My mom has been a nurse for over 20 years and she is drawing a blank. This can't be good. :sad: