• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yay new thread!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the roll, Beeps!

Last two week challenge is to get in my workouts-4 strength training and 2 cardio HIIT sessions each week.
    That's it! I still try to get more protein and drink less, but at this point, I am not focused on diet, just exercise!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

1. Try to eat well and drink moderately (or not at all) on non-party days.
    2. 4 workouts a week - running, HIIT, kettlebells, circuits, strength training. Whatever, just do it. And my walks to the coffee shop of course!

That's it!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    My 2-week challenge:

1. Work on push-up progress;
    2. Try to shrink eating window....it's been "expanding" a bit, this week, and I'd like to cut it back. When it was small, I was able to keep my calorie-deficit without much fanfare/drama;
    3. Drink more green tea (in part because it reduces "hunger", for me).
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    My goals to get me through the end of the year are:

1) To get on the treadmill as much as possible or outside for walks with the dog. At least 4 times on the treadmill a week though (I can do more incline and tend to sweat more)

2) I am not logging, but try to keep portions under control at parties

That's it, simple goals. I am not going to lift, I am just going to concentrate on cardio and getting to January.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    To do 3 days week at the gym and to do situps
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My goals through the end of the year:

1. Strength train 4 days a week
    2. Log food as well as I can, but give myself some slack for the holiday parties.
    3. Stay hydrated! I have a terrible habit of not drinking enough water during this busy time and then feeling icky and worn out.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    We rolled...had to search you all out!! :smile:

2 weeks goals:

1) Follow CLX/TF hyrbid as laid out.
    2) Restarted LP's OPT program so follow the calorie guidelines for that
    3) DRINK water (should be a given by now, but I've been slacking on this!!)
    4) Go to bed! <---This has a lot to do with why working out has been so difficult lately!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My goals for the rest of the year are to get back to the logging and to focus on speedwork in preparation for a 5k I'm doing on January 6. I had a miscarriage last week (which is why I haven't been posting and may not be posting as much for a while). It was devastating, so I'm doing my best to concentrate on the fact that at least for a while I can run as fast as I want and not worry what the HRM says. Last week I was focused more on the fact that I can drink again, but I'm going to try to keep that in check going forward.

Welcome to all the new faces! And great goals everyone.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Oh Ris I am so terribly sorry to hear that. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    :cry: So sorry Ris. Hugs to you. It sounds like you are trying to keep a positive attitude which I'm sure must be hard. :flowerforyou: Focusing on your speed will be a nice outlet. Enjoy your hard core running!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry to read your news, Ris.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    RIS - XOXOXO Great job focusing your energy on running.

Mama- I needed your motivation on Sunday. Great job with the double! Where do I find the LP guidelines?

Great goals ladies. I missed the last page of the last thread, but I hope you all are doing great!

2 week Challenge
    1. Log - try to hit macros within 5%
    2. 4 workouts- Don't care what they are, as long as I do them. Just not feeling it so I'm taking it easy.

I've got so much going on with the holidays, that's all I want to do.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL 2013!!

I didn't late-night snack this weekend - that was good.
    I didn't drink any alcohol this weekend - that was good.
    And, I didn't eat anything before lunchtime, and even then, my lunches were either protein bars or protein shakes.

But, suppers were TOO MUCH. TOO MUCH food. I didn't track calories, but I just know it was TOO MUCH.

I'm actually grateful for the week ahead - way easier to control when I'm at work and not out at various functions, frankly.

I'm not gonna step on the scale until I've had a few days of UBER-water intake to pass through this BLOAT.

PS, yes, my period came yesterday, too!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Alright I have changed my mind about waiting until January 1 to start a program, I am starting TurboFire today And I am starting to log again today. Last week was terrible with eating and drinking. I cannot let these next 3 weeks be so out of control. My pants feel snug today.

So goals for the rest of the year:

1) stick to Turbofire workout schedule
    2) stay within cals
    3) really need to limit my drinking it has gotten out of hand lately
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Oh, and to report on my weekend....it was so-so. Friday nigth we ordered pizza (but thin crust Dominos and I only had probably 6 squares which is actually not that much pizza) but I didn't drink! Not a thing! Despite the fact that my husband opened a bottle of Red Velvet Cupcake. Yum. Saturday was alright. We sort of drank all day starting around 10:30 with a glass of wine while decorating the tree. But instead of pounding wine all day, I drank slowly and took some mini breaks. We also went to a neighborhood bar for lunch and rather than a blue cheese burger with crinkle fries, I had chili and Caesar salad. Sure, I could have done a little better, but I could have done much much worse. Dinner was sensible also. Yesterday was weird. I didn't have a good planned meal; I just grazed most of later morning into mid afternoon and then all the sudden was stuffed. So didn't eat much at the birthday party. I also did some yoga yesterday which was quite nice. Sooooo.....I didn't get a "hard" workout in and my macros were all jacked up. BUT! I drank in moderation and made decent decissions so I consider it a win. I feel SO MUCH better than I did last Monday. I generally felt more in control this weekend and that's what makes me happy.

So I'll get a workout in tonight and I would love to get at least one morning workout in some day between Tuesday and Thursday. Friday I have off so intend to do a double workout that day. Other than that, I need to drink and eat in moderation at all of my festivities. I stepped on the scale yesterday (I totally forgot to weigh last week) and I was up 1.5 pounds. Of course that was a Sunday and I always weigh on Thursdays, but I'm a little scared. I have to not get out of control the next 3 weeks and then really focus come January. The no booze should help a lot. Sounds like everyone has a good plan to wrap up 2012!

So I liked the non-fitness question about high school last week. Here's one for this week: What are your New Year's Eve plans? My parents will be in town for a late Christmas and also our daughter will be baptised 12/30, so honestly the 5 of us will probably stay in, drink wine and play Dominoes or something. (Well the baby won't be partaking in the later!). Unless one of our friends plans something in which case we have a sitter.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Uggh don't get me started on NYE! I had planned on just staying in and having a few friends over and make a real good meal, we were thinking lobster. But, then a girl that is in our group of friends decided to plan a night of everyone going out to dinner and then back to her and her new boyfriends house for drinks and dessert. I am totally bummed my low key plans are getting screwed up. But, everyone that was gonna come to my house said we would probably look like a**holes if we don't go to this, which is probably true.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Ris! My heart goes out to you:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For whatever reason, NYE has never been "my thing". I was *truly* happiest when we had little kids and put them to bed (early) and tried to sneak in a couple extra hours of sleep!

Even now, I can't remember the last time I stayed up until midnight on NYE.

To get away with it, this year, I might plan a new year's day brunch for 4 families....then I have an excuse to stay home on NYE and cook up a storm! We did it a couple years back and it worked great. Last year, we just had one neighbour family over, and it also worked out just fine.

We shall see!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Had a very successful day yesterday and planning on another one today. Did not cheat once with food and drank tons of water. Also did my first TurboFire workout. Tonight is HIIT and stretching. I really think I needed to start a program where I knew exactly what I have to do everyday. And it felt great to do something different. This is a 20 week program and I am really going to try to stick with it religiously.