2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Happy birhtday Chloe and Kate! Yes, I am being realistic. I like food and drinks so I won't be depriving myself of them, but being sensible.

I'm feeling about 100% better today. Yesterday I was in a total funk. I'm just really tired of this cycle I've gotten into. Do reasonably well all week with eating, drinking and working out, and then I end up getting buttered one night and feel like crap about it. I get mad for drinking so much, mad for how I feel the next day and mad I lose an entire day of my weekend because i lay around and do nothing. BUT! Today is a new day. I ate reasonably well yesterday, and did a circuit workout and I really loved it. It was only 20 minutes and I followed it up with an extra 0.5 mile run but I am sore today and I sweat and got a decent gurn in so I think I may stick to some circuits over the next few weeks. Not sure if I'll get a workout in tonight. I have "band practice" after work. About 10 of us at work are learning some Christmas songs to play in a couple weeks. It's really a bunch of people who played in high school band and dusted their trumpets and clarinets off. Oh and me: I used to play a lot of hand drum back in my high school, pot sm....uh....back in the day. :smile:

Have a great day ladies! We'll make it through the holidays. Let's enjoy them and do the best we can!
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is Pratima. I just joined the group this week. I started working out at a local gym in May of this year. So far, I have lost 10 pounds. My highest weight loss has been 12 pounds, which was about six weeks ago. I had been sick lately and now my kids also have been sick. So, the workouts haven't been as regular. :(

Each week, I tell myself that I will get in five or six good workouts. Last week, I only had two, and the week before ....... none!!!

But, hopefully, I can get on track this week. My kids have been having high fevers since the weekend. But, they are recovering and staying home from school. I will push myself to work out during the day and maybe get an extra three workouts in the evenings. Wish me luck!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Pratima! maybe try working out every other day-so you get 4 days some weeks and some 3, that's not bad. Hope the kids feel better!
    I liked my first night of the Ultimate Female training, it was reminiscent of the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer. I did upper body so I thought doing the HIIT after was ok, although not recommended.
    Will do legs tonight and abs too, I think.
    Not focused too much on diet at the moment, but trying to drink less and that is going well...
    buttered, Ashley? I haven't heard that one. I know what you mean, though, when I really over do it, I feel awful the next day, and not just hung over but anxious and depressed and I don't sleep well and I really have to knock it off! oh, and way to be a band geek:tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,954 Member
    Options
    You know what? I don't begrudge the USA, at all, for deporting the guy!! He has had 25 years to get his "paperwork" done (and correct) - shame on him for not doing it (properly) - and now there are consequences!! Imagine that!! Heck, I'm a lawyer, the last thing I want is ANY scent of "wrong-doing" permeating my household. So, there's lessons to be learned from this...even at age 51, your life can be completely uprooted because, somewhere along the line, you thought "the law", as written, just didn't apply to you.....shame!

Looks like all you ladies are back to it....it sure doesn't take this crew very long to get RIGHT BACK on plan! Always awesome to read!

prati - welcome!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I know what you mean, though, when I really over do it, I feel awful the next day, and not just hung over but anxious and depressed and I don't sleep well and I really have to knock it off! oh, and way to be a band geek:tongue:

Exactly! I hate that anxious blah feeling.

Oh, I wasn't a band geek. I was a stoner playing the bongos. :wink:
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pratima!

One weekend of Nutcracker done! We had some technical difficulties with sound and stage, but overall it went well. The dancers are all amazing. I have another dress rehearsal Friday and two shows on Saturday at a different location. It has a way bigger and nicer stage and we should have all the kinks worked out by then. I am back to logging my food and plan to stay on track as much as possible from now to Christmas. I need to come up with a plan to begin in January as I will be wrapping up the P90X the week after Christmas.
  • Kuenzel
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I am new to this group and cant wait to workout with you and learn new ways to become fit!! woo :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    I know what you mean, though, when I really over do it, I feel awful the next day, and not just hung over but anxious and depressed and I don't sleep well and I really have to knock it off! oh, and way to be a band geek:tongue:

Exactly! I hate that anxious blah feeling.

Oh, I wasn't a band geek. I was a stoner playing the bongos. :wink:
    fair enough. So can you read music? I can't. I am always kind of envious of people who can read music or speak a second language!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Abi-how much dancing do you have to do for rehearsal? I would think dancing would be a great work out!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Beeps - well in that case, agreed! I had assumed that the U.S. has simply decided not to renew his visa (despite having a job and everything) as I have known to have happened to others. Paperwork is a sad fact of life, but it does not go away if we ignore it :) sort of like fat.

Abi - congrats!!! I just saw a nutcracker production here, it was lovely. I bet it gets into the spirit (if you're not sick of it by now)

Ashley and Amy - I know that feeling after drinking. It really sets in if I overindulge multiple days in a row. My happy place seems to be 1 night a week of drinking as much as desired with a planned 'relaxation' day the following day. If I work hard on nutrition and work outs leading up to it and get things done in my personal life then I can enjoy doing nothing (instead of feeling anxious and guilty). Of course, I'm lucky to have that luxury with no children etc. I need the release and dont like to do ANYTHING half way but I have put my ducks in a row first.

Kuenzel and Pratima! We all usually make biweekly goals but also chat about other things.

Ashley - too funny about the bongos and the, uh, recreation! Hilarious.

It makes curious, who was everyone in high school?

I did debate, maintained a 4.4 GPA and was super cool. Well. Two of those things are true anyways. Now when I see guys that were in my high school class they pay me much more attention than they did then. Imagine that.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Chloe and Chui! Thursday was my birthday as well, and my friends threw me a huge surprise party Friday night, complete with flying in my BFF from Texas to surprise me. Needless to say, I drank a lot so my goal of not drinking too much failed epically this weekend, but I'm ok with it. It's been months since I've gotten to hang out with her, and it was my 30th, so I drank. And drank and drank and was super hungover on Saturday. But I'm back on the horse now, and feeling much better after drinking tons of water yesterday and having a sweat fest at Zumba.

My cruise is in 34 days, so it's crunch time for the next 2 weeks, I have no plans with friends so it's time to dial in the diet and exercise. I am aiming to get 3 more workouts in this week, and 4-5 next week, and no drinking! Funny, I have no problems with my calorie goals if I don't drink. I can do this.

Good luck to you ladies on your goals! We can do this!

And one last thought on the November/December babies...in addition to the sweet potato theory, I was conceived at Mardi Gras, according to my parents. So, maybe drunken parties have something to do with it as well? :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Who was I in high school? I was voted Most Individual my senior year; I wore leather pants and hooker boots before they were trendy. That said, I wasn't necessarily one of the "popular kids" but everyone knew me. I was a little rebelious. I also was in the honors program. I was never athletic in high school (although cheered in middle school), but started going to the gym around age 14 and got pretty into running and fitness around age 16. Ummm, so yeah. I was a little bit of everything; still sort of am. :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alright - happy birthday to ALL the birthday gals!! HOPE you enjoyed EVERY SINGLE SECOND!

chui - I hope it's the first 2 things in your list that you "were" - being "cool" is always a matter of "debate" anyway, huh??

Better - if you can wear leather pants and hooker boots like Kalinda does in "The Good Wife", I say "HELL, YA!"

Gosh, high school, for me, was, um, 29 YEARS AGO...holy CRAP, does THAT make me FEEL OLD! (I began high school in sept/83....geez louise....) So, nope, I don't run into people from high school. My bff from high school is still my bff today (she has been since first day of grade one!). I was always top of the honour roll, crapped out on ANYTHING "gym-related" - skipped gym regularly and waved the "asthma flag" to get my "pass". I only dated boys that went to the public high schools (I was in a Catholic high school) - because THAT felt "rebellious" to me. And, I SKIPPED MY HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION DANCE because my boyfriend, at the time, and I had "broken up". THAT WAS DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

PS - when I went back for our 10-year high school reunion, I had a BLAST, and ended up sleeping with *the* hottest guy in high school (who was still PRETTY DAMN HOT!). Seemed like a good idea...mind you, I've skipped out on my 20-year and 25-year reunion for the same reason...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    PS - when I went back for our 10-year high school reunion, I had a BLAST, and ended up sleeping with *the* hottest guy in high school (who was still PRETTY DAMN HOT!). Seemed like a good idea...mind you, I've skipped out on my 20-year and 25-year reunion for the same reason...

Love this!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been in the group for a while and I'm finally ready to introduce myself and get in the discussion! :)

I'm 29, married, no kids (yet!). Trying for a baby is on the horizon and I want to be solidly in my fitness routine by then. Through 2012 I've been at a varying degree of dedication with bodyweight training (no gym around here!). I was pushing hard up until about a month ago getting ready for a strenuous camping/hiking/wilderness journey. I wanted to say hello before then, but knowing I was going to be gone for almost three weeks made me hang back!

Anyhow, I'm back now and ready to roll in to the holidays and stronger than ever and continue to make progress! Looking forward to getting to know you all - forgive me if it takes a while to get everyone's name/nickname right. :)

In high school...I was voted most likely to succeed! How's that speak to my nerd level? ;)
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me into the group! Welcome ShmoozyQ and Kuenzel also to the group.

My goals for today and the rest of the week are as follows:
    1. No cookies, candy, or sodas! No eating out! No drinking!
    2. Get back into my workout routine. Hoping the kids get well soon; they still have low-grade fevers and slight wheezing. Will post my workouts as I go!
    3.Get plenty of rest and eat home-cooked meals in moderation. Drink plenty of water.

In high school, I was a skinny girl with no figure, no waist or hips, and no chest! :cry: I was teased and needless to say, I had few friends. My self esteem was very low and consequently I was too shy to venture and find any friends. But, shortly after high school, I began to gain more confidence and find myself in college. So, I am a different person now.

Hey Rogiefreida ....... Where are you from? I am originally from Shreveport, LA. Good luck on your preparations for your cruise. You CAN do this!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I feel like I was the exact same in high school as I am now, personality, body and everything. Is that bad?

So a change of plans for me. I really feel like I need some time off from food logging. So I am thinking of taking the rest of the year off from logging. I am still going to try to stay within calorie range, which I think I can do without logging anyways most days. I will still get my 5-6 workouts a week in. And then start a program after the New Year. I am thinking maybe TurboFire, but we will see, I am still sorting that out.

Welcome newbies!

And Beeps I LOVE your reunion story! My 10 year sucked, very boring and I just talked to everyone that I still talk....we are all still really close.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....I think the "high school" topic was really FUN!

There should be MORE FUN TOPICS LIKE THAT for us to explore, together!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    So, Schmoozy, did you "succeed" like all your high school colleagues thought you would??

prat - I had no chest in high school....still don't! It actually bugged me in junior high (where I was mercilessly teased) more than it ever did in high school. And now, my itty-bitty-titties are the talk of the town because THEY DON'T SAG! So, YAY for "me" - in the end, I "won"! PS - your 2 -week challenge looks like a solid plan!

Chloe - it's only 3.5 weeks until the new year....yes, I think you should quit logging - you are a regular exerciser, anyway, and I think you have a REALLY good idea of how much you are ingesting, what you are ingesting, etc. You'll be GREAT!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm still flat chested also. I'll never forget my best friend since first grade (still are BFFs she was my MOH and I am hers in her wedding next year)...we were the same, height, size, weight all through grade school the all of a sudden sophmore year of highschool she shot up from 5'6" to 5'11" and her boobs went from a small B to a large C.....can we say jealous?! But, now I am happy with my small chest at least I know gravity will never pull them south when I get older :laugh: