2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I was high again yesterday. I've only worked out 1 day this week (although it was a double). Scale was still at 129 (since the end of Oct), I plan on working out Sat and Sun.

I'll have to check out Trampled, Amy. I love discovering new bands!!!

Chloe- I'm with you on simple menu. It's easier to keep it all in check.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for all of the kind words. One upside of spending 5 weeks trying not to lose weight or to exercise too hard is that now that I'm eating at a deficit and doing more interval training I'm back to losing weight again. The scale was down almost 3 pounds today, and I'm guessing that some of it could just be dehydration since I've only been so-so on the water (though no booze last night at least). So I'm only going to log a little bit of it and not get too excited yet, but it's definitely nice to see. We’re hosting a holiday party tomorrow, so my plan is to go for a quick hard run tomorrow morning and then do a 10 miler on Sunday with a friend. I'm not going to even attempt to log my food tomorrow, but even if I overindulge it will just be fuel for the long run on Sunday, so I should be okay overall as long as I get back to tracking everything on Sunday.

I have a lot to catch up on, sorry to those I missed:

Abigail--dancing in the Nutcracker sounds like such a fun way to lose weight! And P90X for the New Year is definitely a good goal to start with.

Amy--I hope you had a fun time at all of your social events this week! And nice work on the strength workouts. I think you get more bang for your buck with strength anyways, and you'll probably get a better burn when you go back to cardio than if you had been doing the same routine every day.

Rogie--A new bikini is always good for inspiration! Sounds like you have a great plan for getting through Christmas.

bd--It's amazing what happens when you just get off the couch :-)

prati--great goals! I always use the "extras" when I prepare food for lunches for later in the week, which saves $$ for us too since the alternative is to eat out.

Ashley--sounds like you had a fun post-office party at least! And I think that no movement on the scale is probably a win when you have so much going on right now. It'll make it that much easier to get the scale to start moving again when things calm down.

Chloe--excellent job getting back on track! That's amazing how much weight came off, goes to show you that water weight is definitely a real thing!

Beeps--I hear you on those rum and diets, they're the perfect drink except when it comes time to go to sleep….

Kelly--It's Friday! Hopefully you can fit in some "nothing time" along with the workouts this weekend.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sorry about no pics of the Nutcracker. The last two years there were tons posted on Facebook, but I was totally pissed this year that I haven't seen any where you can actually see me except way in the background. My own sister took over 80 pictures (her 2 kids were in it) and not one where you can see me! I'll keep looking.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Husband's office holiday party last night, drank too much and stayed up too late. I will not be at my best for tonight's workout but I will give it my best shot! I am looking forward to the weekend, should be nice. TGIF!
    good to see you back, Ris, sounds like you are doing amazing, a 10-mile run the day after hosting a holiday party?! You are better than me!
    My friends and I started saying, "I didn't know I was better than you" as a joke when we hear something. It can be anything from not having a salt grinder or DVR, or eating at McDonald's:tongue:
    Abi, are you all done with the Nutcracker?
    K, I thought you were high on drugs when you said you were high again yesterday! haha.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Good to hear from everyone. My weekend was decent. I drank all three days, but did so relatively moderately so don't feel like crap today. I also got in 3 walks and a 2+ mile run yesterday. This is my short week so I shouldn't have any problem getting my 4 workouts in. I did some heavier strength on Thursday and it felt really nice. There will be more of that this week. I'll try to keep my diet in check, but I'm baking on Wednesday, so I will be eating some cookies.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I didn't have too terrible of a weekend. Did good Friday, but ended up having some wine and a handful of M&Ms, but I felt ok about it because I got in my workout and resisted all the holiday goodies all week long last week. Saturday and Sunday I did not workout. Did good Saturday with eating, but ended up drinking too much and had to tacos in a drunken state :ohwell: Sunday could have been way worse than it was considering I was so hungover. I didn't eat too bad at my friends all day just watching football while the hubby went to the Bears v Packers game.

I am going to have a good week this week. I don't really have anything going on in the evenings this week. I just need to finish getting ready for Christmas. Turbofire tonight and I have my menu pretty much planned for the whole week.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Weigh-in/photos/measurements for YEAR-END are in 2 weeks. I'm on a very strict calorie-deficit.

:(

I'm lifting 3 x per week - :)

We'll see how it goes....it all boils down to THIS! (Although, I'll have to continue into 2013 because I just didn't get all the fitness things "done" that I wanted to, in the time I had alotted for myself.)
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    My attempt to do a 10-miler on Sunday was a fail. I usually take the metro to meet my friend, run 6 with her, then run home for another 4. Yesterday the metro was really delayed, so I had to drive instead. I guess I could have just added on another 4, but I was hurting from the party on Saturday.... Overall my weekend was pretty good. I drank way too much, but I got in two runs and didn't eat too badly. This morning the scale is still showing me down a pound from where I was a few weeks ago, so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow after the effects of the booze are gone.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    haha, Amy, I guess I will be clearer next time!!!

Ris - 6 miles is still awesome!!!

Nice job on moderation, Chloe and Ashley!

I must have done ok this weekend because the scale was down today, but I will admit, I ate processed junk. I did A LOT of shopping. I was out for 4 hours Sat and 3 hours on Sun. And, no I didnt just start and no I'm not done. LOL. I like to find the perfect gift for everyone, shop around for the best price, return stuff that goes down in price. Yes, silly, I know.

I pretty much took last week off from working out (except double cardio Wed). Today felt amazing. I feel like I can power through my last week of work -then 2 weeks off!!!!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Merry week before Christmas ladies! Great job on keeping it moderated this weekend. :)

I did ok. Not as strict as the weekend before, but yesterday my husband and I were busy captaining the failboat trying to get a Christmas tree, which turned into a half a day ordeal because our favorite u-cut tree farm closed and then I found out my husband threw out our tree stand last year because it was "old". It's quite hard to get a christmas tree stand this close to Christmas. :grumble: So, we had some fast food while we were on the run, after I treated myself to a coffee with a million calories in it. Oh well, I'm over it. We spent the morning helping my dad cut down a tree that had sustained beaver damage and was threatening to fall in the parking lot of his office, so I got to throw wood and branches around, it was a great (but weird) workout.

KC, I spent a long time shopping today too, and I'm also not done! I can't wait until shopping is done, hopefully tomorrow.

Going to zumba tonight, and lifting weights in the morning. So glad to have the week off from work, no excuses to not workout. The trick will be staying away from cookies and booze. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the wine in the house, hopefully I can keep it up and choose water instead of wine. :wink:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Well, I had an ok weekend. Friday I was home alone, I had one glass of wine. Saturday we went to Zoo Lights, and they had cider with cinnamon whiskey, probably a ton of calories, and when we went to dinner I only had one glass of wine, but then we went out and I had two beers. Sunday I got my upper body A and cardio sprints, and yesterday I did lower A. Tonight is upper B and cardio sprints. Tomorrow rest, Thursday lower B and then probably resting til Christmas unless my sister wants to do some exercising! I will take my running shoes...
    So, Rogie, did you get the tree? or maybe you took home the beaver-damaged tree:tongue:
    KC, I cannot shop at this time of year, the crowds and the music make me a little crazy so I have to online shop! But I love a good deal and normally I like shopping, I like looking, and touching and comparison shopping. And I think you have the right idea about picking things for people. I realized in my family we are all pretty lucky to have what we want but instead of a gift card, it's nice to say, here is something that I thought you would like or made me think of you.
    Too bad on the 10k, Ris, but you were still doing better than expected!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Can I just say what a GREAT pleasure it has been coming in here, day-after-day, this year??

Getting to *know* all of you! Reading about your exercise exploits, nutrition exploits, and yes, about LIFE DETAILS!!

I am REALLY grateful for this (online) community!! You have all helped me feel accountable, worthy of my goals, and generally-speaking, GREAT!

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Can I just say what a GREAT pleasure it has been coming in here, day-after-day, this year??

Getting to *know* all of you! Reading about your exercise exploits, nutrition exploits, and yes, about LIFE DETAILS!!

I am REALLY grateful for this (online) community!! You have all helped me feel accountable, worthy of my goals, and generally-speaking, GREAT!

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

Ditto! I talk about my internet friends and my IRL friends think I'm nutty. Whatevs. You guys rock.

Workouts and me will be so-so this week. Yesterday my kiddo got sent home for poopiness. She was OK, but 3 strikes and you're out at her day care. We got a walk in. Today I have band practice after work. I have the next 2 days off, so that should help.
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree! This is the place where I can come to get back on track, share thoughts, not feel too guilty about splurging on chocolate, beer or margaritas, or any kind of general overeating!!

I think I had a horrible week last week. I went out Thursday night and had a couple of margaritas. BOOOOO!
    Then, I have been eating OREOS double stuff every night with the kids and then chocolate goodies at WORK!!!

Otherwise, meals have been OK. I got a couple of good workouts in.

This week, we are celebrating our anniversary-8 years!!! So I know I will not be good. The plans are to go see Monsters, Inc. with the kids. And then dinner later, I believe at a nice restaurant.
    The thing that is so hard with me is that I can never convince myself to say NO to food. Take for example yesteray. My husband works six days a week and sometimes 60-70 hours. On his day off on Monday, he meets me for lunch and brings me something. He is Mexican. So his ideal choice is authentic Mexican food like tacos and tortas (sandwich) which are made with greasy meats like pork and beef. So the tortilla is a little oily. Then we usually drink that with Cokes, my addiction!!

Usually later we go out again. I just can never resist to say no. Besides I guess I understand that he works so much and probably wants to do the least as far as cooking and eating is concerned. We went to eat a Mexican restaurant. Usually we all share the fajitas, family style! Just order extra tortillas. Usually dinner is accompanied with drinks. Either beer or margaritas, my other addiction!! Last night, I also had three beers.

My only salvation in all of this is to workout. I think that it is the only I have stayed by the 140 threshold. I hope I don't creep up over 140 again. I don't want to. My goal is to be in a size 4 again. I can get into them. But they don't look good on me yet. Still looks too tight and I spill over the top!!

In conclusion, I am grateful that at least I can relate to all of your posts.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Kelly and Rogie--Nice job burning those extra calories shopping and tree-cutting (Christmas tree or otherwise)! I am definitely a slacker in those areas. Amy, I'm with you, I cant deal with real shopping this time of year, so I got all of my gifts on Amazon (and there was no shopping around or returns). We did get a tree, but it was a pre-cut tree from the Boy Scouts at the church across the street from us.

Amy--Great job on the workouts, and sounds like you did pretty well on the drinks. The cider spiked with cinnamon whiskey sounds delicious, and I'm sure you burned some of those calories walking around the zoo.

Beeps--I totally agree, it's been wonderful getting to know you and all the other ladies on this board. It definitely helps me stay accountable, and you all are such inspirations to me when I need a little motivation.

Ashley--LOL, I thought that dealing with poopiness came with the terrritory when dealing with kids! Glad she's okay though. Good luck fitting in your workouts!

As for me, not much to report. Work has been relatively slow, which means that I get to take walks at lunch and get home early enough to workout in the evening. I'm planning on doing weights when I get home today and then running a few miles tomorrow morning with a friend. My office holiday party is on Thursday, so that will be a tough day for a workout, but it goes from 3-5 so even if I have a few beers I should be able to do something easy like ride the bike when I get home.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I totally talk about you guys to my real life people....kinda weird I know! And they totally think I am weird, but that is why I need all of your support, they just think I am nutty because I am always obsessing about what I eat and drink, working out, etc....this group has definitely gotten me through some rough spots this year and I am very happy to have the support of all of you! And lets continue it into 2013!

On the shopping topic....I hate shopping more than anything in the world. But, I love to dress cute and decorate my house. So its kind of a lose lose situation. I always say when I am rich one day the first thing I will get is a personal shopper. And I did all my Christmas shopping online.

I did kinda bad yesterday, had a bit of a sweets binge and then paired that with a glass of wine. I also didn't work out, I just felt icky and the junk food didn't help I am sure. I am doing well so far today and I will workout tonight for sure and I need to stay away from the sweets. I am drinking green tea right now which for some reason curbs my sweet tooth most of the time.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Almost twins, you-and-I, Chloe...I HATE shopping, too! I *like* my home to be decorated, though, and I like wearing cute outfits! I, too, did ALL of my Xmas shopping online! (whew - was done by the first week of Dec, nice!)

Better - explain the "poopiness" comment....what does it mean? If she soils 3 diapers IN A DAY, she's "out"????????????

prati - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Tonight is "date night" with my hubby. I'm fasting all day - gonna drink alcohol tonight! Tons of it!

PS - I'm down to 150.6 lbs. That's nearly 15 lbs GONE since end of September! REALLY!! I am on a HARD PUSH to get into the 140's. I had promised myself I'd be 145 by end of 2012....don't think I'm (quite) gonna get there, but I'll be within striking distance! And, I have a "sun vacation" with hubby by mid-January so, bar NONE, I'm gonna be AT 145 for THAT vacay! And, I'm gonna buy myself a NEW BATHING SUIT to celebrate!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    pratimaram--It's SO hard to say no when you eat out or take out, and the liquid calories definitely add up. It's particularly hard when eating become part of your lifestyle, not just sustenance. Sounds like you have two options--like you said, you can workout, or you can find ways to cut back (or both, so I guess three options). You just need to figure out what changes you can make that you'll be able to stick with, and you'll get where you want to be! And happy anniversary!

I'm definitely a closet MFPer; I think my friends would totally think I was nutty if they knew I tracked everything, or maybe it's just me being self concious about it. But it's so nice to chat with like-minded people that care about nutrition and fitness, it would be nice if my real life people did a little more....

Beeps--15 pounds since September is amazing! You'll be down to 145 in no time. Have a great date night!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    Aww, Beeps, you're so sweet and I total agree. I love the online community. In my day to day life, I am one of the skinnier people and it's hard to find support. Awesome job on the loss.

Chloe, today I'm right there with you. Somone at work gave me these yummy round powder sugar cookie things...whatever they are, I ate 4 and I know I will be having a drink as soon as I gethome.

Ris- sounds like a good plan.My work party is tomorrow and I know I wll eat a lot and honestly, I doubt I will workout :-? but next week I'm off and plan on hitting it out after Christmas.

Prati - Happy anniversary!

This morning, I got up at 4:45 to workout. Ended up laying in bed with my coffee, trying to get motivated on here. Didn't happen. I may end up slacking all week and hitting it hard after the holidays.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Chloe, today I'm right there with you. Somone at work gave me these yummy round powder sugar cookie things...whatever they are, I ate 4 and I know I will be having a drink as soon as I gethome.

Russian Tea Cakes? I had those at my work too! love:love: