2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My favorite part about coming back to work on Thursday is checking in with you all! :smile:

Ram, you look great! I hope your ankles are ok.

Kelly, sounds like you have a plan to drop some weight. I am 5'2" so I understand the short thing. Like when we gain a pound, you can tell? Sucks. I like myself around 127, although when I was lifting a lot I was 132 and liked myself pretty well then too. It really depends on a lot. I am really motivated to lean out significantly after baby #2 and nursing and all that. I feel like (hoping anyways) once I can drink again, I'll have cut back significantly which is how I pack on the pounds.

Chloe, how scary with the choking. Knock on wood, Daphne has choked a few times, but has always managed to get it up herself. I could probably use a safety class myself. Glad he's ok. And how exciting for trying for #2! Jackson will be 1 soon right?

Chel, hope you catch up soon.

Beeps, sounds like you're kicking @ss as usual. Shanaber, thanks for doing the star challenge even though I'm not participating. :smile:

Hey to everyone else!

AFM, I had a great day off. Daphne started music class yesterday (we won a free semester of Music Together). I rarely see her interact with large groups of kids or take direction, etc. since I'm at work while she's at day care so it was fun to see how she responded. I know I am biased, but i feel like she followed directions better than any kid there and this was the 3rd class of the semester. She listen and follows well and actually has some rhythm! It was a lot of fun. We'll be doing that every Wednesday morning till mid Nvember. That throws off our usual schedule of running and going to the park in the a.m., but as it cools down, I can push that to after nap time on my day off. She loved class and asked first thing this morning if she was going again today.

Then my 2 friends and one of their 1 year olds came over and brought me belated birthday lunch and surprised me with a massage so stayed home with D while I got pampered. I did manage to get on the treadmill for about 25 mintues before they came over and it wasn't awful.

Our home renovation is going smoothly. The have everything framed in and the guys were not there this morning when I left so I guess framing is done. You can really see how the rooms are taking shape. Now the electric, HVAC, and finish work begins! I bet they'll be nearly done by the end of the month.

We're taking a mini vacation to meet my parents at their mountain place in Banner Elk NC for our anniversary/Eric's birthday weekend in 2 weeks. He's got some vacation to use so we'll leave Thursday morning after my dr. appointment and come back Sunday night. Leaves should be pretty up in the mountains.

Well I better get to work. Have a great day all!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    chel, that is terrible, so sorry:flowerforyou: It breaks my heart to imagine someone is in such a dark place that they cannot bear it, or believe that it will get better. so sad!

I went to the gym last night, did my 5x5. One guy said he thinks I have come a long way! haha, actually, last year when I was doing 5x5 I was squatting about 30 lbs more! last week a different guy said he thought it was great that I do free weights.

Ok, here's the thing, the gym is replacing a lot of the equipment and so they letting members bid on it, silent auction-style and the big ole squat rack is starting at $25. I just think for that, I should have it. My membership is due this month, I pay $114 for 6 months, but for $100 I could have the squat rack and a rack of free weights (5-30 lbs) but not sure about bars and plates because I don't know if they are up for auction. What are your thoughts? I would have to put it in the garage. and when you give a mouse a cookie-I would want the bench and a treadmill...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Chel, I don't know how I missed the news of your co-worker. So sad. :frown:

Amy, I love having my rack and weights in the basement. Of course I no longer have a gym membership, but it's nice to be able to go down and knock 20-25 minutes of lifting out anytime. Or even just go down and work on squats, deads, whatever. When I was doing Stronglifts, I would do it in the morning 2x a week and you know how the workouts are quick so totally doable in the a.m. even for non-morning people. I paid $275 I think for my rack, bar, and 300 lbs. of plates. Speaking of Stronglifts, I can't wait to get back to it after baby. Hopefully get Eric on board with it too...... I really did see good results with that program.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    chelneal - sorry for your loss.

Better - I hope the leaves in your mountains are still around....big wind blew up in my neck of the woods this week and the leaves are just about all down. Ugh @ winter coming....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT READY!

Amy - I think the home equipment sounds awesome....but, I would NOT trade that for an at-gym experience. If you cannot swing BOTH the gym membership and the home gym, for me, I would stick with the gym membership. My gym membership gives me MUCH more than just access to weights/plates/benches/racks....I get classes, jacuzzi, towel service, friends, good music, the feeling of "belonging", pressure to keep showing up, etc. But, that is "ME".
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

It is thirsty Thursday! Drink that water :)

All: Thank you...it is hard to imagine and people have different feelings about what he did. All I can do is hope that there will be peace for him and eventually for his family.

So the run went well last night, not good, but well. I still don't feel strong and I am so stiff. I ended up going to the dinner last night and ate way too much :( That is ok sometimes, but I had a week of gluttony last week...I have used up a lot of cheat days already LOL. I did do my pushups and I am so weak it is stupid.

Got on the scale this morning and came in about 145 ...could have been worse :) That is still 12 lbs away from where I want to be and I am already half way through the marathon season.

Today I am going to get on the treadmill an see how fast I can do 1.5 miles...and do some strength stuff too. Calories will NOT be over 1500...even with the cake that is supposed to be served at lunch for a medal presentation (hopefully it is the nasty chocolate cake from the commissary LOL) Oh and lots of stretching, my calves are aching still...as are the soles of my feet ...just a lot of tension pulling stuff out of wack.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Chel - so sorry to hear about your co-worker.

Amy - I would love to have a home gym. It would make things so much easier. I think Beeps is right though, it just depends on how motivated you are to actually workout at home. For me, it would be no problem, but it also depends on what your gym offers too. I would miss the pool for sure.

Chloe - So scary! Hope everything is ok and I'm thinking good thought's about Mike's hopefully new job! I registered for a CPR class in a few weeks, so hopefully I can retain that info... and hopefully I will never need to use it.

Better - Glad the reno is going smoothly! I scheduled a massage in a few weeks and I can't wait to be able to lay on my belly, even if it is only for 60 minutes :laugh: I can't wait to do stronglifts again either, I really liked that program.

Hi Beeps!

That's all I can see/remember for now.

So I had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday. I had to see a Nurse Practitioner as my Dr. was on call. My Dr. and I have an agreement that she won't tell me my weight unless she is concerned about it (which she hasn't been for the record), but this lovely NP decided to blurt out my weight. She started off by saying I haven't gained anything since my last appt. (over 2 weeks ago) but then decided to tell me I was up 30lbs, which I'm actually ok with. I seem to gain in "spurts", so hopefully I don't have another one before baby is born. Not sure how much bigger my belly can get! I'm hopeful that by staying active, I won't have as much of an issue getting this weight off once babe is here... we'll see though!

I have not worked out at all this week... I've just been too busy. I'm going to Yoga tonight, for a swim tomorrow and hopefully get some walks in during the weekend. Next week I should be able to get back into my routine.

Have a great day gals.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ram, 30 pounds isn't much at all, is it?

The thing is, my gym is very basic-no pool/hot tub, friends or classes, really. They have yoga but I have to pay $7 per class anyway. I don't mind working out at home, but my gym is affordable and has everything I need and I don't think I could get everything I need in my garage, even if I didn't want to park in it;) But it's such a good deal, I could keep my membership and buy this stuff, but it would be a waste if I didn't use the home gym. Also, my work pays half of my membership and I don't think they would pay for half the cost of my home gym:wink:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Amy - it probably depends on who you ask :laugh: My Dr. said "normal" and "healthy" gain is anywhere between 25-35 pounds. I'm totally fine with 30... I have plenty of friends who have gained 50. And that's tough about the gym situation. IF you still need a gym for things, I'd say stick with the actual gym. If you can afford both and feel like you'd at least lift at home, go for it!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Chel- I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Great job on the run.

Amy- How fun for your husband...You said Lastic Comic Standing, right? We've watched that from time to time. I hope he gets to move on. I can't wait to have a gym membership again. I will get one next summer...after we have made our LAST PRESCHOOL payment. I really want to take classes in the summer and maybe get a personal trainer for a few weeks.....

Ram- 30 pounds is good. When i was 25 weeks I had gained like 23 pounds....then I got precalmpsia and gained 20 more pounds in 4 WEEKS!

Ashley- That must be fun getting your house renovated. I can't wait to be in the 120's. Your staying so active I am sure you'll lose the weight quickly.

So...I haven't logged all week. BUT, i have been working out and eating pretty well. Ok, I had chips with my Chicken Tortilla Soup, but not a lot. I was going to weigh in tomorrow, but I think I will wait until Saturday, the day I start CLX, and I will take measurements.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Kelly- Maybe I will start CLX with you. I need something, I am so unmotivated to workout right now, I have no idea what my problem is.

Amy- Good luck to your Mike!

Ram- 30 pounds is nothing....I gained a whopping 50! I love telling preggo girls that to make them feel better :smile:

Chel-:flowerforyou:

I am doing ok this week. I have been pretty on track with eating. I have done 3 Piyo workouts. And I started a challenge with a girl at work each day you do so many squats, leg lifts and push ups and by the end of the month its like 300 squats, 100 leg lifts and 50 push ups....so thats better than nothing! Mike's interviews went very well, now we wait :yawn:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Chloe - my girlfriend gained 55, had her baby in May and has lost it all (not fair). It's just comforting to know so many women who've gained and lost :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,398 Member
    Options
    Busy few days and much to catch up on!!

Chel - I am so sorry about your coworker. I too can't imagine feeling like there was no where I could turn to for help or just someone who cared...

Chloe - I recall like it was yesterday my daughter choking in her car seat in the back seat on something she was given at preschool and had in her pocket. I was on the freeway and pulled over so fast I am really surprised I didn't hit anyone or cause an accident. I yanked her out of the car seat and dislodged whatever it was and sat in the backseat on the side of the freeway holding her and crying. I was so relieved and frightened and angry all at the same time. We never left the school after that without a thorough pocket check! Good luck to your husband with his job search!

Ram - I gained close to 50 lbs and I am just under 5'2" but then my daughter was over 9 lbs :) unlike so many others I never really lost it all until recently. I wasn't physically active then either like I am now and probably could have if I had tried a bit...

Amy - good luck to Mike! If I could get the weights and rack you are talking about at that price and had a place to put them and workout I would definitely do that, but I would keep my gym membership. I use it mostly for cardio on days when I can't run outside or for when I am injured and like the last couple of months. I also go to another gym to workout with my trainer twice a week. That gym cost is included in what I pay him and I won't give it up. He motivates me and gives me workouts to do and we are really good friends now and do things outside of the gym.

I really went over last night - went to a concert and had dinner out - delicious burgers with an ale reduction, fried asparagus and washed it down with beer. I have never been much of a beer drinker but I am really learning to like the different craft beer which could be very dangerous!
    Hope everyone is ready for the weekend! It is going to be over 100 again here this weekend :grumble: going to run early tomorrow morning then take the weekend off.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No time to worK-out today.

Booooooooo.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for the positive thoughts on Last Comic Standing, if it is meant to be it will be:) he is at a comedy festival this weekend and there is prize money involved, fingers crossed. :smile:

I have a big weekend planned while he is gone. Going to Fort Collins to visit various friends, should be fun!

I think I will bid on a couple of things, I will pay my 6-month membership, and then the half I get back from work, I will use to bid on the rack, the bench and the treadmill.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Pau Hana Friday!

The end of a long week...even though it was only 3 days for me. I hope it is the end of the mourning period for our office. Someone started a memorial at the individuals desk and I have to walk by it every time I leave my office for bathroom/lunch/etc. All day yesterday was a parade of folks coming and putting lei's, letters, pictures etc. While it is good healing for them I am sure, for those of us who have to sit next to it all day it is a bit overwhelming. I am not an overly emotional person and tend to tuck things away for me to process on my own and this isn't helping me do that.

This week is not going well food or exercise wise. I catch myself saying "well you just got back from traveling', "It is ok, you are jet-lagged", "don't worry about it now b/c of the having to deal with the office situation"....but in the end they are all excuses. There should be no excuses for eating crap and going home an sitting in my recliner with a book.

Yesterday I went home and decided I didn't feel well (which is true, my chest feels "funny"...not sick...just off). That led to ice cream and a hot -toddy and bed. Set the alarm for 5am to make up my run and ...well nope.

I also need to start yoga again, I hurt...plane and simple. But it seems the funk I am in, that even pain will not motivate me.

Starting to dread the run on Sunday, it is supposed to be crazy hot and no trade-winds. Race starts at 0530...have to be there by 0400...hope to bone with the race by 0830 at the absolute latest.

Another worry for me is we are thinking we need to move out of our rental. The property manager wont fix anything and we are paying way too much. I like the size of the house and I love having my "gym" and a guest bedroom not in the same room. But in Hawaii big houses are hard to find and ones that allow pets cut your options by 75%.

Ok, I have had my pitty moment...not to find my courage, confidence, and drive and move forward.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I wish you luck on your race, chel, I am sure you will feel better when it's over. That is a bummer about your place, I guess like my home gym, you have to weigh the cost of the move with the cost to stay and deal with it...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,398 Member
    Options
    Went to a playoff game last night that went to extra innings. I am not a huge baseball fan but it was fun and the crowd was so into it - how could you not have a good time :laugh: It was really hot so we went a little late after the sun went down and it was so much better. It also meant we ate dinner at home and we took a large bottle of water with us to share which saved a ton of money and kept us out of the long lines!
    Have a busy weekend ahead - hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Gold star if i can hold on today....i will have to only have salad + protein for supper. Doable.

No workout all weekend. Survived daughter's bday sleepover. I am soooooo tired.

Will workout every morning this week.

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Also, here I am at my nephew's wedding two weeks ago - seven lbs too heavy, with a deadlift bruise down my leg!

But, my SPANX, my killer red shoes (and lips!) still made the outfit work!!

BOOM!

imagejpg1_zpsf44b9b86.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Whether you remember it or not, this was what the dress was supposed to look like:

dress_zps87ffaabd.jpg