What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

Water for Elephants was a great book and movie! One of the few that I actually liked the movie as well as the book :smile:

I am a softie for animals. Water for Elephants was hard for me. I finished the book, but avoided the movie because the book had been upsetting. Well written, but the man who harmed the animals.....ugh. Tough.

I hear that.... I definitely couldn't watch that part of the movie... made me cry...
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Wait, The Hunger Games trailer is out?!

Yes, it sure is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5ANq4sAL0

eeeeekkk!!!! I'm sooo excited!!!! I hope they do it well!!!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Thank you! That looks really good. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Fire Eternal (book 4 in Chris D'Lacey's Dragon series) last night and am now in the process of figuring out which book to read next. Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, or The Witch's Boy. I'll read them all eventually, but don't like reading more than one book at a time.

Water for Elephants was a great book and movie! One of the few that I actually liked the movie as well as the book :smile:

I am a softie for animals. Water for Elephants was hard for me. I finished the book, but avoided the movie because the book had been upsetting. Well written, but the man who harmed the animals.....ugh. Tough.

I hear that.... I definitely couldn't watch that part of the movie... made me cry...

I'm with you on the animals, I've been warned to keep a box of tissue handy while reading it. That's pretty much the reason I haven't read it yet.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I listened to the Hunger Games series and loved them all! Can't wait for the movie!

I'm currently reading What Alice Forgot - gotta say it's weird so far...

I've got Storm Front (1st Dresden file book) started on e-Reader.

Is anyone on Goodreads?
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I really wanna read the Hunger Games books. So many of my friends have read it and every single one of them has loved it...and now I see everyone here does, too!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Thank you! That looks really good. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Yay! I liked the books and am really looking forward to the movie.
  • sarah_ep
    Options
    I listened to the Hunger Games series and loved them all! Can't wait for the movie!

I'm currently reading What Alice Forgot - gotta say it's weird so far...

I've got Storm Front (1st Dresden file book) started on e-Reader.

Is anyone on Goodreads?

I am, but I am hardly on there anymore. Probably because I am here. :wink:
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    the perks of being a wallflower! highly recommended!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just stared "Angel of Death Row" by Andrea Lyons. It's her true story about being a death row defense lawyer. So far, it's really good. I like the way it's written, and I'm intrigued by the story. Definitely recommended.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am reading The Help. I am thoroughly enjoying it too.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    11/22/63. King's new book. It's pretty awesome. I'm savoring it as slowly as I can.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I decided to go for an easy read this week since I have family coming in for the holiday. An easy read for me is something that I can finish within a 48 hour period. So right now I am reading Envy by J.R. Ward. It's the 3rd book in a romantic thriller series with some angels and demons and saving the world thrown.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I decided to go for an easy read this week since I have family coming in for the holiday. An easy read for me is something that I can finish within a 48 hour period. So right now I am reading Envy by J.R. Ward. It's the 3rd book in a romantic thriller series with some angels and demons and saving the world thrown.

I saw those the other day in the bookstore and wondered if they were any good. What do you think of them?
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I also read The Hunger Games series recently! Wasn't expecting to like it since Twilight makes my stomach churn (and for whatever reason I associated Hunger Games w/ Twilight), but it was a very gripping story. Ended up finishing them all in a matter of a few days!

Other than that, I've been reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. So far it's great, but I've neglected it due to my crazed HG reading!
  • sarah_ep
    Options
    I also read The Hunger Games series recently! Wasn't expecting to like it since Twilight makes my stomach churn (and for whatever reason I associated Hunger Games w/ Twilight), but it was a very gripping story. Ended up finishing them all in a matter of a few days!

I see this happening a lot. I think it is because there are a few similarities:

Young Adult Genre
    Trilogies
    Love Triangle
    Female Main Character

This is where they end though. I think there will be extensive comparison between the two when the movies come out as well.

Has anyone seen or read Battle Royale?
  • Leanna109
    Leanna109 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I have that on my bookshelf waiting to be read and in my DVD player waiting to be watched :-)

I liked the book alot better than the movie. But they were both good. I lent out my Water for Elephants but I would love to read it again.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

Other than that, I've been reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. So far it's great, but I've neglected it due to my crazed HG reading!

I did enjoy reading the Twilight books but I was also suprised at how different the Hunger Games were! All the people that told me to read it are Twilight fanatics so I ASSumed it was along the same lines lol I'm glad it wasn't!
  • Leanna109
    Leanna109 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the House of Night series ( Im on Hunted) and love it. I cant put them down. P.C. Cast is an amazing author.
    I have Prince of Theives, Red Ridding Hood, and lots other at home waiting for me to finish this series.

For anyone that lives in Denver, CO there is an AMAZING used/ new book store in Littleton that I visit on a weekly basis. They have book from .25 cents and up!!! https://www.facebook.com/nookBN?ref=ts&sk=app_154158274650754#!/TheTradesmart

:love: :love: :love:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    11/22/63. King's new book. It's pretty awesome. I'm savoring it as slowly as I can.

That is next on my reading list whenever I FINALLY get through the Games of Thrones series.... the books are soo long it's taking me forever to read!