what are your quit stats??

Options

Replies

• CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You've been free of cigarettes for 3 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes & 37 seconds

You have not smoked 74 cigarettes since then, and you have saved a total of $20.64.

I quit the last 2 winters, but as soon as it got nice out, I'd be outside doing yardwork and start smoking again. :-(
    The 10 to 20 pounds I gained over the winter just fell off. So this time I am going quit with the help of MFP. If I can just maintain my weight without gaining, I think it will be easier to resist that 1st cigarette.

You don't necessarily gain weight after quitting. I quit almost 3 weeks ago (cold turkey), but had already started changing my eating habits and life style weeks before that. I haven't put on a single pound, I'm still losing between 1 and 2 pound/week. Whenever I feel hungry I know this little nico-devil wants me to smoke or eat. I don't do what he tells me any more ;P I just eat bell peppers or oranges... and the hunger/craving go away. Of course I log every single calorie I eat. Is the craving too strong, I do some exercise ( then I can eat even more)
    Good luck, you can do it.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Time Smoke-Free: 12 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 38 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 188
    Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 10 hours
    Money Saved: $97.50

:bigsmile:

Had a friend smoking around me all last night, and I was repulsed. Made my eyes water and I felt like I was allergic. And it was stinky.
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily gain weight after quitting. I quit almost 3 weeks ago (cold turkey), but had already started changing my eating habits and life style weeks before that. I haven't put on a single pound, I'm still losing between 1 and 2 pound/week. Whenever I feel hungry I know this little nico-devil wants me to smoke or eat. I don't do what he tells me any more ;P I just eat bell peppers or oranges... and the hunger/craving go away. Of course I log every single calorie I eat. Is the craving too strong, I do some exercise ( then I can eat even more)
    Good luck, you can do it.

i quit for 6 weeks over the summer and lost 9 lbs at the same time by paying attention to what i was eating. i started smoking again for a little while but am back on the wagon now, here are my updated stats

46 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 43 seconds smoke free.
    468 cigarettes not smoked.
    $129.25 saved.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 99.

I will tell you, part of what helped me was I got one of those brita water bottles (the one that has the filter inside). I never leave home without it. I started carrying it around week 6, but after I got off the patches, I think it has helped give me something to hold and bring up to my mouth. At the same time, it is a healthier habit to have. Even at home, when I start to get a little antsy I will go get a cup of water and drink it. Also, I didn't start losing weight until I quit. I originally got on here so I wouldn't GAIN weight, but then I had all this energy so I started exercising. 3 months later I've lost 25 lbs. However, I won't lie, the thing that has made me quit for good was my dad dying from lung cancer. After watching that, I"m pissed my siblings still smoke.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    21 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 37 seconds smoke free.

422 cigarettes not smoked.
    €164.85 and 3 days, 5 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/9/2011

My first treat: I spent €120 at the hairdressers' and next thing I 'm saving for is a treadmill.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    21 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 37 seconds smoke free.

422 cigarettes not smoked.
    €164.85 and 3 days, 5 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/9/2011

My first treat: I spent €120 at the hairdressers' and next thing I 'm saving for is a treadmill.

whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Time Smoke-Free: 15 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 54 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 234
    Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 18 hours
    Money Saved: $120.00
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have now stopped smoking for 6 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes, 56 seconds. That translates into 46 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $13.83! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 3 hours, 50 minutes, 32 seconds.
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    31 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds smoke free.

468 cigarettes not smoked.
    $105.79 and 3 days, 13 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/1/2011 12:00:00 PM
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    I have now stopped smoking for 6 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes, 56 seconds. That translates into 46 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $13.83! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 3 hours, 50 minutes, 32 seconds.
    Well done:flowerforyou:
    You're doing an amazing job :-)
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1 Week, 1 Day, 7 hours, 54 minutes and 21 seconds (8 days). I have saved $45.80 by not smoking 166 cigarettes. I have saved 13 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 11/27/2011 12:20 PM
  • mlwilson01
    mlwilson01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    3wks, 22hrs, 33min, 43seconds
    $65.85 saved
    219 cigarettes not smoked
    18hrs and 15min life saved.

I still find it hard everyday not to smoke...i'm also finding it really hard not to eat crap i shouldn't!! the weight loss has not been on point for a few weeks!!! Need to workout more...but some reason i find every excuse not to though. But one day i just looked at my husband and said "i'm done, i don't want to smoke anymore" after 14yrs of smoking...if i can't do it for myself, i need to do it for my kids!!
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Time Smoke-Free: 25 days, 37 minutes and 32 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 250
    Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 21 hours
    Money Saved: $17.50
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    Time Smoke-Free: 25 days, 37 minutes and 32 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 250
    Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 21 hours
    Money Saved: $17.50
    Well done :-)
    You can be so proud of yourself.
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I still find it hard everyday not to smoke

it isnt "hard" everyday for me, but it is hard some days and on my mind almost every day but i think slowly (very slowly) it is getting better and the thoughts are getting further apart.

My stats
    54 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes smoke free. 548 cigarettes not smoked. $151.25 saved.

which is by far the longest my body has been without nicotine since some time in 1987.

At the end of my long runs on the weekend i still have a couple of deep uncomfortable chest coughs when i stop after sprinting the finish. this seems to me to be smoking related since i dont have a cold/cough the rest of the day. wont be upset if those go away soon.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    27 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes and 28 seconds smoke free.

550 cigarettes not smoked.
    €211.95 and 4 days, 4 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/9/2011 7:00:00 AM

From tonight 1 packet of 20 cigarettes will be €8.70($11.64) here in Ireland. OMG, am so glad I quit.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    just starting my 4th week, finding not smoking ok, even went out drinking the other night with smokers and didn't want or have 1, in fact the smell made me feel a bit sick :) however, I am managing to eat sooo much, will start today to try to get back to eating better.
  • Lttlbird
    Options
    Hi All and congratulations!!

I have now stopped smoking for 7 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 1 hour, 1 minute, 45 seconds. That translates into 3,304 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $660.92! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 1 week, 4 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, 0 seconds.
  • CnocNaCu
    Options

I have now stopped smoking for 7 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 1 hour, 1 minute, 45 seconds. That translates into 3,304 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $660.92! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 1 week, 4 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, 0 seconds.
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
    I'm quit 29 days now and hope- no, I actually know - that in 7 months' time I'll have my life expectancy increased just like you.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options

well done, hope you've bought yourself something nice with the savings ;)

I'm on day 24 of no smoking, have put on 7lbs which is ok as I know I'll lose a few of them quickly, back to healthy eating now :happy:
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    38 hrs!!! LOL. But you have to start somewhere.