Options

Replies

• gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Time Smoke-Free: 60 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 59 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 608

Money Saved: $167.75

suddenly occured to me while walking out of the gym this morning (that was the time of my favorite cigarette of the day) that i shouldnt talk in weeks anymore but months since i last had a puff of nicotine in me since i am now at 60 days. It both feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago that i was a smoker. i still want one but i think about it less than i used to. last week i considered buying some for the first time in a couple weeks
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    suddenly occured to me while walking out of the gym this morning (that was the time of my favorite cigarette of the day) that i shouldnt talk in weeks anymore but months since i last had a puff of nicotine in me since i am now at 60 days. It both feels like yesterday and a lifetime ago that i was a smoker. i still want one but i think about it less than i used to. last week i considered buying some for the first time in a couple weeks

Stay strong!! 2 months is awesome! I can relate to the "favorite time" being after the gym. Today was my first day driving home from boot camp without having one. Bittersweet :) But you are absolutely rocking it!
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    6 days!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    18 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes and 7 seconds smoke free.

181 cigarettes not smoked.
    $54.00 and 1 day, 9 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/24/2011 6:00:00 PM

:happy:

I quit cold turkey Thanksgiving night. I knew I needed to, but I kept making excuses..work, bills, stress, I was losing weight, etc. But I decided I wouldn't buy anymore and haven't looked back! I don't miss the nicotine, that was never it for me. It was my escape, 5 minutes to myself when I didn't have to worry about anything. My appetite is out of control though, I can't seem to get a grip on it. Otherwise I'm going strong! Congratulations all you quitters!
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    Been smoke free: 53 days
    Money saved: £270
    *kitten* not smoked: 1080

Feeling great! :wink:

We can do it!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I have been quit for 1 Year, 10 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days (690 days). I have saved $3,452.89 by not smoking 13,811 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 22 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/1/2010
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been quit for 10 Months, 1 week, 5 days, 2 minutes............a saving of 1958.88 plus more I would think. Still challenging but a far cry from the beginning. Anyone can do it, just say NOPE.....not one puff ever!!

I quit using Champix..used it for 6 weeks and knew that I didn't need it anymore. Read, read, read and soon you have reprogrammed your brain to realize all the damage that is being done or has been done.

I gave myself permission to gain some weight...I was serious about this quit! Now, it is the time to lose the weight and it is slowly coming off.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    72 days,1432 not smoked, money saved €557
    Did it cold turkey and did NOT gain thanks to MFP and the support of my pals.
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    17 days smoke free!!
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Time Smoke-Free: 330 days
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 6600
    Money Saved: $2,805.00

Could not have done this without the help of MFP
    Coming up to my one year anniversary of quitting and cant wait.
    Feel Great

Keep it up everyone
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    17 days as a non-smoker. 119 cigarettes not smoked. $35.70 saved. At 5 min per ciggie-9 hrs, 55 minutes added on to my life. All of that and my skin is already looking better to boot! :) No weight gained, and no serious cravings! :)
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just coming back to update mine, I'm quite proud of myself :D

60 days, 6 hours, 49 minutes and 51 seconds smoke free.

603 cigarettes not smoked.

$183.00 and 4 days, 14 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 11/24/2011 6:00:00 PM
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    76 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 19 seconds smoke free.

1522 cigarettes not smoked.
    €596.60 and 11 days, 15 hours of your life saved.

We all can and should be so very proud of what we've achieved. Be sure there are so many smokers wishing they could do the same. WE DID IT :flowerforyou:
  • caro83
    caro83 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have now stopped smoking for 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 51 minutes, 57 seconds. That translates into 10,664 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of €4,532.58! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 1 month, 2 days, 44 minutes, 26 seconds.

And 2 stone heavier :D
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    WTG everyone!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You have quit smoking for:
    45 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours and 12 mins.

You have saved:
    1,369.44 Euros by NOT smoking 7,023 cigarettes!

:wink: I'm ALIVE! :wink: and HEALTHY!:wink:
    And from now on with a healthy weight!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    21 days
    $84 saved
    17hrs 30min of my life saved
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is so cool!! and AMAZING job to all of you above me ^^ who have been rocking the smoke-free lifestyle!

Here's the summary I got from a smoking calculator website:

"I have now stopped smoking for 1 month, 2 weeks, 6 hours, 31 minutes, 37 seconds. That translates into 739 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $295.63! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 2 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes, 23 seconds."

And i've now been off the patch for a week as well!
  • CnocNaCu
    Options
    This is so cool!! and AMAZING job to all of you above me ^^ who have been rocking the smoke-free lifestyle!

"I have now stopped smoking for 1 month, 2 weeks, 6 hours, 31 minutes, 37 seconds. That translates into 739 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $295.63! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 2 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes, 23 seconds."

You are truly inspiring ! Well done. And even off the patch :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Isn't it great to have more money to spend on lovely girlie things instead of ciggies that make your skin grey, your lungs black, your budget tight and your clothes stinky:bigsmile:
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Great job!
    You are a winner now!! You know that ???
    A winner without a patch!!!!!