Online Dating

Options
15678911»

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle that? I feel like I shouldn't really be pursuing anything else until I know if the current guy is going to work out. My friends IRL disagree and think I should be emailing as many as possible. Honestly though, how does one keep track of all of it?!

Haha, I'm the same way. I'm not a serial dater and I feel funny seeing more than one guy for dates even though the dates are casual and no commitments have been made.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Does any one else have an issue with the amount of lead time it takes in developing relationships that begin online? I have found that my lead times can go anywhere from a few days to 4-5 weeks. By lead time, I am referring to the amount of time it takes from the first communication to the first 1-on-1 in person get together.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    After six months of this, I have changed my mind. I used to take at least a week from first contact to meeting in person. It usually was email, then text, then phone, then meeting.

I realized fairly quickly that there's really no point in dragging it out and you're better off meeting faster. If you don't feel a physical attraction when you meet, it makes it worse that you like the person after a week or two of emailing/talking.

And that goes both ways; I've been on both sides of that, where either I didn't "feel it" or he didn't. It was then a big waste or both of our time.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    After six months of this, I have changed my mind. I used to take at least a week from first contact to meeting in person. It usually was email, then text, then phone, then meeting.

I realized fairly quickly that there's really no point in dragging it out and you're better off meeting faster. If you don't feel a physical attraction when you meet, it makes it worse that you like the person after a week or two of emailing/talking.

And that goes both ways; I've been on both sides of that, where either I didn't "feel it" or he didn't. It was then a big waste or both of our time.

This seems so, so smart!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa. :)

It's kind of hard to admit, but it's true. It sucks to text and talk a lot, and then meet and there's zero chemistry. I'm not looking for more friends lol.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle that? I feel like I shouldn't really be pursuing anything else until I know if the current guy is going to work out. My friends IRL disagree and think I should be emailing as many as possible. Honestly though, how does one keep track of all of it?!

This is funny.

When I was active on the online sites I was talking to several guys at a time. I dated 2 guys 1 week. That was as serial dating as I got though. I couldn't handle more.

It was difficult to remember everything. I got them all confused sometimes!! :blushing: Even with crush boy now, I forgot some of the stuff we've talked about or have gotten it confused with someone else. That was a part that was super overwhelming.

I think if I ever did online dating I'd take it 1 guy at a time.. none of the 2-3 guys at a time. Since I'm quick about 1st contact and meeting up, it shouldn't be a problem. It helps me to keep focused and attentive to the guy of the moment.