Register for a 5K to give yourself a reason to continue once you finish the program.
My biggest tip - Don't be afraid to recycle a week. Just because it says you can finish this program in 9 weeks doesn't mean you have to. Listen to your body, it will let you know when you are ready.
The first time I did this program it took me 17 weeks.
Register for a 5K to give yourself a reason to continue once you finish the program. After I finished C25K the first time I let life get in the way of my run time. When I started the program again I registered for a 5K coming up in December to keep me motivated.
Don't rob your body's ability to shock you. Yes, the next week looks scary. Try it. I am shocked every week. I remember when 60 secs was the longest thing ever. Now 15 mins are gone before I realize it. Here are some of my tips/thoughts:
1. Outdoors: If you must use the treadmil do it, but running outdoors can help DISTRACT you from the fact that you're running ( I would much rather like to get to that tree than watch the timer on the treadmil, but it's up to you)
2. Music: if you don't have the app (like me<--phone doesn't have it) you need to put music on your phone or mp3 player. It allows you to escape (again distractions)
3. Don't over do it: (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED) I was moving through my program on track until I decide I should put in some over time before Thanksgiving. I ran for almost 2 hours. Of course, I got injured. My knees ached so badly. I ended up taking a week off to recover and last week I couldn't get back into it. I'm no expert, but I wouldn't suggest you do more than 45mins of jogging in a day.
4. Rest (No, I said REST!!) Rest: the stopping of work or activity . Please take rest days! -_-
5. Sign up for a 5k - motivation www.runningintheusa.com
6. Get friends involved if you can <--I couldn't, but maybe you'll have better luck
7. Conversational jog - take it easy. You should be able to hold a conversation while jogging when you first begin this program. Of course you're going to try to increase your speed, but try to wait until you're towards the end of the program (pace yourself)
8. Don't let Week 5 Day 3 scare you. It's nothing at this point. You'll see! YOU CAN DO IT! Keep it moving. (You should definitely have music on this day. You'll need to stay out of your head.)
Copyright 2005-2021 MyFitnessPal, Inc.