Stage 6 Questions (optional stage)

Options

Replies

• SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ok ladies. i just polished off Stage 5/A4, anticipating B4 on wednesday. I am one of the 'larger' chicks doing this program, and im a little leary about jumping into the negative chin ups, since im PRETTY sure i wont be able to handle doing that with my body weight. So i continue to this stage, and maybe try it with the silly machine for the neg. chin ups... or shoudl i skip it, and head straight for S7??

Any feedback is AWESOME!
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started Stage 6 yesterday. I say go for it! I really didn't think I'd be able to hold myself up at all on the negative chinups but surprised myself and managed a 7 second descent all 3 times. My arms do hurt today especially on the inside crook when I straighten them! I don't know if it will end in being able to do a chinup, but I'm willing to give it a go!

Lat pulldown: 125 lbs
    Split squats: 50 lbs
    Pushups: 10 regular ones (no elevation, no pause) - starting small - I LOATHE pushups!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Go for it with the neg. chin ups! I used the silly machine at first too :) I did A3 last night. I did all three negs. at 22 secs. using my stop watch. For the under lat pulls, I did 4x105, 3x110, 3x115. For the split squat. I did 1 set at 55, 65, and 70. And I did a 1 sec pause for all push ups. That was harder than I thought it would be. My glutes were feeling it today. I used the assist machine to try for a chin up and I got it down to 65lbs. Almost there!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sam - how do you start your stop watch when your hands are holding onto the bar?
  • samntha14
    Options
    There are a like 2 secs before it actually starts when I push the button. So I push button, climb on, and when it beeps, I start to lower myself. It's stopping it that's the problem lol
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    OK, I started Stage 6 maybe three weeks ago. I went ahead with this stage to increase my upper body strength so I could climb up over the rope wall at the Warrior Dash.

When I first started I could barely keep my chin above that bar, but now that I did my last day at Stage 6, I can totally tell a difference. I can hold my chin above the bar for ten seconds and do it for three reps. Progress!

I still can't get my butt up to the bar without a stool tho, and I am almost completely without resistance. Weeeeee!

And I climbed every obstacle at the Warrior Dash with absolutely no problem at all! And I still need to lose 30-40 pounds, which is where I hope Stage 7 helps!

Best of luck to you all!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Katie - that's great progress!!! and good job in the race! Fantastic!

I finished my first B workout today. I liked it, which surprised me because I thought I would hate all the one sided exercises. I even did some intervals afterward.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Way to go Ladies!!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    WO6B3 in the bag!! and I did all the sets this time lol.
    Reverse lunge 30lbs
    Two point row 30lbs
    Push Press 50lbs
    Back ext 45lbs
    Inclined reverse crunch Highest setting (felt like I was doing them while standing. lol
    I also tried for a chin up again. I used the assist machine and got it down to 45lbs. Didn't feel like it was helping at all lol. ALmost there.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Hello out there!

Negs. standard bar full 20 secs.
    Under lat pulldown 115lbs (those 15 sec rests nearly killed me)
    SPlit squat 175, 180, 185 (really wanted to try 90 just to put the 25lb plates on the bar lol)
    Push up 4 with 2 sec pause. Those Pauses are tough.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Hi! I'm here!

I did my 2A workout Saturday

Neg chin ups - 15 seconds
    lat pulldown - 75 lbs (I don't know how you ladies can do so much on this one!!)
    split squat - 65 lbs
    push ups - 1 set 8 with 4 sec pause, 1 set 8 with 4 sec pause for 4 and finished with 2 sec pause (they are tough!)

Man did I feel it yesterday!!! I was so sore, especially my rib cage area - I can really feel this part engage when doing the negative chin ups! Doing my 2B workout today.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Finished B2 workout today

lunges - 30 lbs
    row - 40 lbs
    press - 30 lbs
    prone cobra - 60 seconds holding 15 lbs (don't have a back extension appratus)
    incline crunch - 4th level (the bench has numbers on the back, don't know the degree)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Just did my first workout A today. My stats are:

Negative Chin up was negative. I was able to hang though.

Underhand Lat Pulldown: 120 lb. Up from 95 lb.

Split Squat: 62 lb. Did 95 lb my first set but it was too hard to keep form.

Pushups: just did regular ones.

My arms and shoulders are KILLING me.
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    2 questions...

1. Split Squats: does it feel like you are doing a static lunge? or am i doing that completely wrong?

2. does anyone else miss planks? i want to add them in.... which probly isnt a big deal. thoughts?

Im doing A2 tommorow.. and im really digging this stage. I love the shorter rest times too.
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sweetpea - yes the split squats are just staic lunges with a barbell

I hate planks so you lost me there. :P

I try to just follow the program as prescribed but I know a few people who have continued Squats and Deadlifts in each stage even if they aren't listed. To each his own.

I find the negative chin ups and lat pull downs super hard on my Abs so I'm ok with not adding in any additional ab work.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been reading over the last few posts and am psyched to join you next week (on Monday). I'm really self-conscious about trying the chin-up machine, or climbing onto some big stool to try to get up over the bar (the chin up bar's reaaaally high at my gym) but I'll do it! Letcha know how it goes...

Have a great Labor Day weekend! My main labor will be not to stuff my face the whole time.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I was gonna try the chinup machine but it turns out I'm too short.
  • samntha14
    Options
    I don't think of myself short at 5'6'', but you should se me climb up on the chin up rack. The assist machine actually has plenty of little steps on it to get up on top, but not the rack. I jump grab the bar, then use my feet on the support bar to climb to the top. Visualize using your feel to climb a wall lol. So if I want to bang out a real chin up, do I start in the lowest hanging position? Hitting the gym for 6b4 tonight.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of Stage 5 and I was debating whether or not to do Stage 6. Reading through all the posts on here I think I'll give it a try! The worst that could happen is that I'm not a fan after doing each workout once and I move to 7. But I figure if I've been through Stages 1-5, I can handle Stage 6. I need to get back in the habit of doing 2-3 NROLFW workouts a week. All of August I've only managed 1 per week and that's definitely not recommended. My schedule has been too chaotic. Just gotta make it through Labor Day weekend and I'll be back to normal again.

Should be joining you ladies in a week or so!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Best of luck Trayn. Stage six isn't really a big deal. I've been eating less, and Love the shorter workout, and I FEEL stronger.

results of 6B4: including one bruised shoulder for not supporting DB correctly. Hey I was hot. There was no freaking air lol.
    Reverse lunge: 35
    Row: 40
    Push Press 60
    Back extension 45
    Incline reverse crunch: level 5 with 2lb medicine ball

And I was complimented in the definition of my arms :wink: