Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Way to go Ladies!!!

These stage 7 workouts are tough!!! I skipped from stage 4- I wanted to focus more on bf% loss vs splits of strength gains.

I did 7.3 and in place of the lunges I did partial squats with 30# total from about 12 inches and I had a hard squeaking out the last few reps. My glutes were so shaky!!! And my rests were longer then 30 secs. More like 45-60.

I plan on doing stage 7 2x through.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I did for this morning. DLs AND RDLs in the same workout? Seriously??????? Holy crap I'm already sore, and I only did 3 sets. No more time, no more energy.

I do 20s with the lunges which is actually better I could do when they showed up earlier - Stage 2 & 4? I think?

This stage is a serious killer. But hate it as I do, I am loving it too!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    I did for this morning. DLs AND RDLs in the same workout? Seriously??????? Holy crap I'm already sore, and I only did 3 sets. No more time, no more energy.

I do 20s with the lunges which is actually better I could do when they showed up earlier - Stage 2 & 4? I think?

This stage is a serious killer. But hate it as I do, I am loving it too!

I know right!!! And then to have lunges in there too is killer!!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Did 7.5 tonight and could only get through 3 sets. Those lunges with rear foot elevated are killer- totally can feel my *kitten* burning which sucks and feels good at the same time!! And then with RDL- talk about shaky!!

I did incline rows vs seated rows because I'm doing this at home and don't have a pulley system. So lots of rows today. And my push-ups felt stronger ( on my toes).
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Finally started Stage 7 today! Did 4 sets of RDLs and pushups but could only manage 3 sets of 10 lunges and 3 sets of 15 DB bent over rows as I'm still nursing a hip flexor issue (I think it's tendonitis) and my grip strength gave out having spent all day varnishing windows! It also goes without saying that I took more than 30 secs between sets!

After finishing Stage 6 a month ago I've been working really hard on the house and garden - it's an ongoing DIY-athon lol. I've been starting to feel that I'm losing strength/muscle mass in my legs/back, so forced myself back on the NROL wagon. I'm totally exhausted but feeling pumped! Tomorrow may be a different story lol
  • suelegal
    Options
    oh girl I feel you!! I'm barely making it through 3 sets myself.

Today I did workout 4. I am exhausted from it!! I only did 3 sets and feel like a wuss. One interesting note - I generally drink Scivation Xtend (BCAAs) just before and during my workouts but had run out and today for the first time in a great long time, only had water. OMG what a difference in my endurance. Ok, I was tired, not enough sleep last night but I noticed a marked decrease in my usual endurance. I'd never thought it made a whole lot of difference until today.

I spin tomorrow and TRX on Saturday, so I'll do #5 on Monday with my BCAA
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    Hmmm interesting Sue, think I might need to get me some BCAA's!!
  • suelegal
    Options
    I really like the aminolast. And I especially like that ALL the ingredients are listed.
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    I looked up BCAAs and whilst I think they may well be beneficial, I can't justify the expense on top of the whey I'm already buying. I'll just have to get some good tunes pumping on my mp3 player and deal with the DOMS later lol I've been rolling like I've never rolled before over the past 2 days!

Completed workout 7.2 today. Did 4 sets but only 12 reps instead of 15 for the last 2 sets. The step ups were HARD, I just did BW due to my ongoing hip flexor issue, but I did them on the weight bench so got the FULL range of motion, very proud of myself for that :smile:
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    is there anyone out there that has actually repeated stage 7? I'm just about done and am trying to decide between repeating Stage 7 or starting the whole program again.
  • suelegal
    Options
    FreezerBurn I haven't yet but I'm going to. I am on the 5th workout. Home not feeling great today, so no workout today. Wednesday is my next lift day.

JS, I know! Supplements are expensive. Bodybuilding.com is having a special right now you can get 2 5 serving packs of the aminolast for $6.99. Oh and I can only do bodyweight on the step ups too, except for the first set, but I've really been pushing to get all 20 reps out.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    I just did workout 6 and ill repeat. It's hard but good :)
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    I completed workout 7.3 last night. Did 3 sets and was exhausted and have serious DOMS today! I was so tired I managed to slice my thumb and 1 of my fingers accidentally with the bar blender when making a fruit protein smoothie afterwards (I won't go into the stupidity of my actions lol). Anyhoo so far so good, my finger is worse than my thumb but if I'm not silly it should heal just fine.

I'll be away until next Tuesday, meeting up with a great group of old friends in Prague which I'm really looking forward to. We're an eclectic lot hailing from England, Czech Republic, Spain, Brazil, Germany, Hungary and Sri Lanka! We were all "ex-pats" in Wales! :laugh:

No doubt lots of Czech beer and multicultural food shall be had, (my contribution is lots of Cadbury's chocolate, crumpets, Marmite and proper English tea!) but I've been quite good so won't be stressing over what I eat or drink :smile:

So workout 7.4 will be waiting for me on my return. I've bought Supercharged but haven't started to read it yet, so will probably repeat Stage 7 to give me time to get my head around supercharged.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    4,5 and 6 I could only squeak out 3 sets. And soreness along with it. I'm fine with it because I feel like I'm working hard and was even able to up some weight.

Oh no. Js!! Hope it heals quickly! Enjoy your vacay- sounds like awesome fun!

Back to 7.1 for me tomorrow. I borrowed a copy of Supercharged from the library so I took a look at it to see what it was about. I copied the Basic workouts and will use the sample workouts to get started. I'm sure ill end up buying it to add to my collection though.
  • suelegal
    Options
    I leave tomorrow for a long weekend of fun with the chicks' biker club I am in. I have not lifted this week at all, and decided it wouldn't hurt me to take the full week off. I'll do #5 on Monday morning. Just like the rest of you, I'm struggling to get the 4 sets done and also to get 15 - 20 reps in!!

JS I hope you heal quickly!~! I am sure it wasn't as stupid as you feel like, but I surely understand - I always think I'm such a dunce but accidents really do happen, no matter how things are going.

I also have Supercharged but I have Stonglifts, Wndler's 5-3-1 and Nia Shanks programs too! I really can't make up my mind what to do next. They all look great and I know each produces results. I will speak with my trainer and see what his recommendation is.

Rock it ladies!!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    On my 2nd round of stage 7. Bought Supercharged last night - had credit at Amazon.

Keep lifting!!
  • suelegal
    Options
    Well I'm home! Long hard day of riding yesterday, most of it in the rain and on the highway. I slept in this morning. Spin tomorrow morning, lift Wednesday. Actually I might do #5 tonight here at the home, I have the weights for that I'm pretty sure.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a fun ride :( Sleeping in seems like a perfect way to end a long weekend away.
  • suelegal
    Options
    #5 done and dusted. 3 sets, and I was totally spent. But I upped my seated row weight and did more weights with the RDLs, which I absolutely love!!
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    #4 completed for me today. Had really bad hay fever on my trip to Prague, which I've only just managed to bring back under control, so didn't feel up to a workout until today. My hand is healing nicely though!

Once more I could only manage 3 sets. My legs were getting super shaky after the 3rd set of step ups!

Sue - I love RDL's too, but I also have a new found love of step ups. Today I absolutely nailed the form on a bench - very happy!

Makinitcount - Will you be moving on to Supercharged then after Stage 7? I think I will.