• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Starting stage 7 today :smile:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So- this workout pretty much killed me. :laugh:
    There was no way I could do it with 30 second "rest" - so rather than decrease weight or reps, I decided to rest a little longer. But I finished it! Came home exhausted, woke up this morning stiff and starving. Hope to be ready for workout 2 tomorrow.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    So- this workout pretty much killed me. :laugh:
    There was no way I could do it with 30 second "rest" - so rather than decrease weight or reps, I decided to rest a little longer. But I finished it! Came home exhausted, woke up this morning stiff and starving. Hope to be ready for workout 2 tomorrow.

It gets easier! The first work out nearly killed me. I had to decrease my weights more than I thought. I mean you are doing WAY more reps!
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So it seems like I'm alone with starting this right now... but HOLY COW I am sooo sore from my very first workout on Tuesday! I'm going to try to do workout 2 today but I'm thinking the stepups aren't going to go too well as I can barely walk down the stairs...
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So it seems like I'm alone with starting this right now... but HOLY COW I am sooo sore from my very first workout on Tuesday! I'm going to try to do workout 2 today but I'm thinking the stepups aren't going to go too well as I can barely walk down the stairs...

You are not alone! I just hadn't posted anything because all I really thought was "OUCH!" I did workout 1 on Monday, hobbled around all day Tuesday and then made myself do workout 2 yesterday. I'm not sure why I did that, but today I am nowhere near as sore. I can manage stairs and everything! :laugh:

I had to seriously deload my weights as well. Like, to about half what I was using at lower rep sets. It's kind of humbling, but I know I got a good workout!
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Starting this stage next week:)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I did workout 3 today and hit a new PR - I can deadlift 135! I maxed out at 110 during stage 1, so I'm really excited. Heck, I *started* at 50, so I've had almost a 200% increase in that one lift. Yay! :bigsmile:

Otoh, I know those lunges will have me crippled all weekend. None of the other moves bother me, but those lunges... Man... Oh, well. You don't get a great tush by sitting on it! :wink:
  • glreim21
    Options
    Mouse, a 200% increase FANTASTIC!!!! I just did my first workout of Stage 7 this morning. I read the recommendations, dropped my weight, first 2 sets I was thinking to myself, I may have dropped too much because it seems too easy, no problems lifting, 30 second rests were ok, didn't feel too tired......then, set 3.....WTF....my body started to protest, a lot....brutal!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Lol! So true. When it's 15-20 reps, your body fatigues on a much lower weight. In order to squeak out that many I had to deload my lat pulldown from 135 to 85! I was shocked. Then you add in 4 sets. Sheesh! It's brutal, but I know it will be worth it.

I am surprisingly not very sore from Friday. Once my body has done a workout it seems to adjust quickly. Good thing, too, since I have pole class this afternoon and workout 4 tomorrow. I am determined to finish the program this week. Then I will have the holidays to fatten back up and start Supercharged for the new year! :laugh:

How are you feeling today? Workout 1 had me limping for three days!
  • glreim21
    Options
    I actually feel pretty good today, hips a bit stiff but may head out for a short 5 km easy run. I finally discovered in the last stage that if I have a good 10 minute stretch after lifting, I am not that sore...yes, I know I should have been doing that all along:)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I do my workouts over lunch, so I barely have time for a five minute cool down on the treadmill, much less the stretching I probably need. I completed workout 4 on Monday and really wasn't sore today. I guess I have adapted already. Of course, tomorrow I am back to those lunges... :sad:
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi, all just creeping this thread to see what's next... I started stage 6 a couple weeks ago but thinking about ditching it and moving on to 7... My question is how long does each workout take? I just started working out on lunch breaks so need to make sure I can get it done within an hour. From what everyone says.. ouch!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I finished stage 7 today... YAY!! I'm thinking about supercharged but wonder if it's necessary to buy the book?
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I completed the program officially back in December, but got a little lazy toward the end and completely stopped in the month of january and half of february. doing stage 7 again to restart the program since I heard that starting with stage 7 helps jumpstart the fat loss. I am doing the second round of 7.4 today. i've already lost 6 of the 10 pounds that i gained during my "break" and 1 inch off of my waist! Looking forward to going back to stage 1 next week and seeing what further progress i can make!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Started Stage 7 today and basically got my booty handed to me. Holy cow!! I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

Anyone else on Stage 7?
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I just did my second workout - did you get it finished?

I too, got my booty handed to me :laugh: Big time!
  • psych101
    Options
    I just finished Stage 7!!!

Feeling great - though its bittersweet, I really enjoyed the entire program....except stage 5...I hate you stage 5 lol
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I think I hated every stage as soon as I left it LOL

After only two workouts I'm in major pain - did you do three a week or what was your schedule like? Did the pain finally go away? :ohwell: Did you stop at 6 or did you do it a second time?

What are you going to do now? I have both Supercharged and 4Life but not sure which I will do.
  • psych101
    Options
    Only the first workout of each one really hurt me lol

I worked out Mon, Wed, Fri and then ran on Saturdays. Rest days Tues, Thurs and Sunday - felt really tired towards the end and i'm going to have a week off now. I did Stage 7 twice through. I loved how short everything was with the 30 seconds rest - though I was dying by the end!!

I'm not sure what i'm going to do next :ohwell: Thinking about 5x5
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here? I started yesterday and ermagerd I am so freakin' sore. My glutes and inner thighs especially. It was the static lunges for sure; I started with 20lb DBs but could only do 12 reps so moved to 15lb DBs and it was still tough to get 15 reps. For the squats I did 65lb (my form is not great so work in progress there), rows were 20lbs, push ups I could only do 8 on the floor for now, and DLs are 65lb. I honestly don't know how people are DLing over 100lbs....I can do close if it's a normal DL but not a Romanian one.

Session two tomorrow!