Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

Pretty much. Also you feel too good when eating. :disappointed:
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Heating got fixed! now its just the mold and the bugs. We've made a great start on these with boric acid and diatomaceus earth, but still a lot to do. We painted inside some cupboards with mold killing paint. But the rooms still stink alot from the moldy furniture. I hate thinking we might have to move again if we cant get the problems solved. Its such a mess, can't even get anything off the floor and put away because there is no decent place to put anything.
  • pieceofvegancake
    pieceofvegancake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I over eaten when I'm tired.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Me also. I feel so defeated by weakness, hunger, fatigue and I seem to think food will give me the energy I need to do the work I need to get done! Is that right or not?
  • Bannfrees
    Bannfrees Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I get too upset and feel like there is no hope then i give up and eat.
  • Kimberly_Pena
    Kimberly_Pena Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my depression and divorce! :'(:'(
  • mmjuhl
    mmjuhl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

Pretty much. Also you feel too good when eating. :disappointed:

I'm with you.
  • mmjuhl
    mmjuhl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to this group thing. I over eat, while knowing I'm going to be unhappy. Sometimes I physically could not stop eating.
  • mekaerwin1
    mekaerwin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Being Sleepy and Tired!
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its an eye opener to read everyone's stories. Thank you for sharing. I can relate to so many of you. Eating had been a source of comfort for years for many people without us knowing anything else. Sometimes I'm eating and i didn't even realize I'm doing it. It's such an instant reflex. I really want to kick this sugar addiction I have. Work is my biggest downfall. It's like candy land there. A constant flow of donuts and cakes and candy. I think what is most important is that we change or mindset to not feel deprived, but rather rewarded, as we won't have to deal with the crash, cravings, anxiety, guilt and depression afterwards.
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored, angry, sad, bored, celebrating something, at a family gathering, bored, overwhelmed, or when I rationalize to myself that I've already messed up today's calorie count so I might as well go all out! I'm a few days short of a year on MFP. Started 2016 at 234 lbs (5ft 5in female) and got down to around 175... then I lost my drive in January or February of 2017. Nothing remarkable happened... I just fizzled out. Now I'm back up to 180 and I just can't get my head out of my rear end. I thought I had made it over the hump and had "cured" my emotional eating. NOPE!! It all has come back. I do well for a couple of days and then start the boredom or stress eating again. Some nights I try to remember all of the candy/cookies/cake I have eaten that day and I honestly cannot recall everything. I just know that at the end of a day like that I feel physically and mentally awful.

I'm doing good today, so I'll consider this a new start. Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories here!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WHEAT makes me overeat. It is a TRIGGER food that can TRIGGER me from immediately or up to 7 hours later. This makes me get a massive appetite and SUGAR CRAVINGS. I always end up eating around 3,000 calories. I also feel exhaustion, foggy brained, angry, bloated, dis-organised and chronic fatigue afterwards for days.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I did weight watchers a few years ago, I remember I cut out wheat from the first week and I lost 4 pounds in the first week. It had been a rare success. Although I often forget and still end up eating Wheat then it is a disaster.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I overeat after dinner if i make my dinner too low calorie.. get snacky
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Anxiety. Anger. Any feeling of being excluded from something
  • Desdemonad
    Desdemonad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Being tired, lonely, angry, sad, frustrated, overwhelmed, generally anxious, feeling sorry for myself, agitated, depressed.....you name it. I eat less when I'm happy, busy or with a great bunch of people. Food doesn't seem so important then. I'm 49, 5"6, 177 lbs. In 2008 I got down to 144 and felt good about myself for the first time in 16 years, when I originally gained weight due to severe stress eating and pregnancy and went up to 215 lbs. I held 144 for 2 years but slowly gained back 10 lbs/year over 4 years due to anxiety eating. I feel soothed when I eat sweet, high fat foods, get a temporary bliss going, then crash emotionally, hate myself and feel horribly guilty and hopeless. So now I've lost a few lbs and I am trying to concentrate on stopping eating junk food and eating healthy. Feel free to add me. Cheers, Dee
  • Mary90Mary
    Mary90Mary Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I get hungry for a while so that I get hangry or feel weak I tend to overeat. Unhealthy food tend to make me crave more unhealthy foods this weekend I had a hamburger and wings after that I felt I wanted more.
    Another one is PMS.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is definitely that I stuff my feelings and allow myself to become numb by overeating. Please read my recent blog post from this week to gain a bit of access to what makes me tick (as I'm sure it does others). Back in the saddle again - just for today. Just for today has been my mantra since becoming an MFP member three years ago this month.