What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• obstacle_overcomer
    obstacle_overcomer Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I overeat when I am stressed, bored, depressed/sad, in pain, angry....I am so tired of doing this! Tired of myself, I can say.
    I try to grab something like non-starchy veggies to snack on when I get an emotional craving.
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this group but I have a problem with overeating as well.. It is hard to not eat especially at night lately I have been doing a little better but it is still a struggle. I also get very depressed in the winter and gain most of the weight I have lost back it is just a vicious cycle and so tiring!!
  • rupashreega
    rupashreega Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I tend to overeat during my cramps. Feel like when I stuff food, the pain is relieved. any suggestions to overcome this. Seems my entire cycle of diet will break in this period every month.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    I overeat because

I’m stressed
    I’m in company
    I’m bored
  • ebikejean
    ebikejean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I abandon workout and food decision schedules, I get all emotional and have to turn it around and start again when I get sloppy.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed
    Procrastinating doing something I really don't want to do
    When my dh who has anxiety is being an out of control drama queen
    On the weekends - only keep healthy stuff at home as I will eat what ever is there. But will eat alot more than on week days.
    It calls to me - my mind will come up with eat this or that
    It seems like whenever my weight has gone down, I will sabotage myself with too much
  • sapphiremnb
    sapphiremnb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cannot be trusted when I am tired or stressed. We were fed during an office meeting yesterday and they served large cut sandwiches wrapped in paper. I usually eat half a sandwhich with a small side or part of a side. My mind was so busy that I ate the entire thing except the hard edges. Then I ate half the chips, and the entire fruit cup and cookie!
    I must take the time to open the wrapper and only take half when I make my plate to set myself up for success. The food came later than desired, so we were all starving when it arrive and was mindlessly chomping as we discussed the various topics of our projects.
    If I do not set myself up with small portions BEFORE I start to eat, I will not make the best choices when my mind is distracted. When I eat, I need to focus on the meal and feeling that satisfaction to recognize when I am done before I am stuffed and miserable.
    Getting to the end of the line will help, so I do not feel rushed to just grab and move out of the way for others. I hate to feel rushed with meals.
  • sapphiremnb
    sapphiremnb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat during my cramps. Feel like when I stuff food, the pain is relieved. any suggestions to overcome this. Seems my entire cycle of diet will break in this period every month.

I understand about the cramping. Before my hysterectomy, mine were debilitating. I lived on a heating pad and seemed to crave sugar. Sugar is as addictive as some drugs. It gives a feeling that we enjoy, and the more we eat, the more we want. I am trying to transition to naturally sweet treats (fruit) and less concentrated sweets (cakes/pies). The fiber in a whole fruit slows down the metabolism of the sugar to prevent an insulin dump compared to juice and sugary drinks.
    To help with your cramps, some exercises help. It releases endorphins that make us feel better. Try taking a walk for 30 minutes while tightening your abdomen. Laying down on your back to do crunches and knee raises help tighten muscles in the pelvic area.
    This seemed to help me even if it was just a distraction. Some months were harder than other. I hope you find a regimen that works good for you.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

This is SO me 😬🥴🙄
    Daily battle - have winner & loser days!

• eagles226
    eagles226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I overeat when stressed or anxious and when alone. I realized I gained so much weight raising children, not going anywhere and I had very little support from my husband. This caused me to feel and be alone. While he was at the bar I was stuck. It caused a vicious cycle.