Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• mitzi1006
    mitzi1006 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I had VSG on 2/20 at the University of Michigan with Dr. Finks. Just had my first post-op appt yesterday and have lost 29 pounds. Looking for food ideas and good ways to meet all my nutritional needs without having to eat the same things every day.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    WOW! You guys are doing great. I don't have any great suggestions for food. Some of the things that I have alot that fill me up and contain lots of protein are: costco shriimp salad (yummmm), pure protein bars ( only bar my Nut allows), all kinds of omeletts and almost any king of grilled or broiled fish. Also, even thou snacks are a no-no by my Nut some good low cal frozen treats are sugar free fudge bars and sugar free ice cream sandwichs.
    Good luck!
  • Chynnapooh
    Options
    Hi. My name is Chynna and my surgery was 5 days ago 3/11/2013 at Barix Clinics/Forest Medical Hospital in Ypsilanti, MI with Dr. Jamokay Taylor. Forest Medical Hospital is just absolutely awesome. Looking for online support, recipes and ideas and I will definitely do the same.
  • triciavr77
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Tricia. I had my surgery 2/15/13 at Rex Hospital in Raleigh, NC. So far I've lost over 30#. I'm looking for some support going through this journey. So far, things have been OK. I'm physically doing well and right now, I'm good emotionally as well. Still obsessively reading everything I can find on weight loss. Glad to be on-board.
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I was sleeved on 3/7/13 in Grand Rapids, MI by Dr. P.Kemmeter. Everything has gone really well thus far. Just such a huge life style change, excited to find a group of people who have; are and will go through this experience. I would love support, insight, recipes (I like to cook & be creative) and "friends". please feel free to add me.
  • dana_lu
    dana_lu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Dana - today is day 1 of my pre-op diet - scheduled for sleeving on April 2nd. At 48 years old, I see this as my final chance to enjoy my remaining years in a healthier body!
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Traci Larsen i had vsg on 1/30/2013 lost 57 lbs before surgery 28 after so far.. I am looking for all the sleeve friends that I can find for support Questions I started my journey at 400 lbs at a short 5'2 I had a bmi of 74 seriously killing myself I got started here and I am very dedicated doing what I need to do working out 6 days a week eating right and hoping to see a healthier me emerge so plz add me thanks
  • JessG69
    JessG69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jess and my hubby and I are on our journey to getting the VSG. It will be July/August when we get it and we are SO excited!!!
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, but quick question, my nut told me NO eggs, they do not digest well. Has anyone else been told this? Of course I am only 18days post op, maybe that is why????
  • anninva
    anninva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! New-ish to MFP (okay, 14 mos gone!), active on OH, surgery 1/10/11. SW 264 CW 155.7. Away we go!
  • xtrinity30x
    Options
    Hi there folks!

I've had surgery on August 30th 2010. I'm 5ft and used to be 196lbs. Since surgery I've lost 65lbs. I've managed to keep it off until just recently. I've noticed the number the scale rising and just knew I had to get back to basics.
    I've used LiveStrong during my losing phase but love the fact that I can log in my foods on my smartphone using MFP.
    I used OH for the longest time but found that smaller groups work better for me.

:happy:
    Please feel free to add me!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, but quick question, my nut told me NO eggs, they do not digest well. Has anyone else been told this? Of course I am only 18days post op, maybe that is why????

Eggs was one of the first things I was told to add. I added them at 14 days post op. Every nutritionist seems to tell us different things.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 12/17/12 in Columbus, Ohio by Dr. Sonnastine at Riverside Hospital. I have had a 99% positive experience- I feel really good now and feel fully healed inside and out. My sleeve tolerates everything except when I forget and eat too fast. I had a bad experience just last night with a Chipotle salad- nausea and dry heaves. I was quite depressed from about a month out- I wanted to eat a substantial amount and couldn't (in mourning for my old life I guess). I feel like I'm over it, so there ya go. Anyway, I have lost a total of 88 lbs combined between pre and post op losses. I have no regrets whatsoever.
  • Mwrarr
    Mwrarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi All. :) My sleeve is named "Frank" & he was born on 3/27/13 at Cayuga Medical Center in Ithaca, NY. I have lost 32# so far, since the start of my 3 week pre-op diet. I'm on a modified pureed diet due to complications I had during my 1st week. I am pretty happy with my sleeve so far. :)
  • lannie2202
    lannie2202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new here, but I had surgery 5/28/13 in Mexicali, Mexico with Dr Aceves. I am looking for support and ideas on what to eat! I am down 26 pounds but 18 from surgery. Thanks LeeAnn
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sleeved October 2012, lost 118lb/53kg since I started pre op diet. Now sitting in a 5 week stall, just can't get under 90kg/198lb and stay there.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Dan. Married with two kids, both in college. I'm a former WeightWatcher who watched his weight go up and down and WAY up, and down, and.... you know the story.

In 2006 I almost died from factors caused by being morbidly obese (475 highest recorded weight.) I got serious with Weight Watchers and lost 152 lbs in @ 6 months, then let life get in my way, fell back into old habits and started putting the weight back on. I got back up to 438 lbs, was feeling as poorly as I had when I almost checked out and decided I just couldn't do it without a tool that would help. I attended the seminar for Lap Band, thinking "It can always be reversed." but came out of the seminar with the thought that maybe VSG was a better fit for my life. Serious talks with the surgeon locked this in for me, and my wife and I both did the surgery on 5/1/13.

In the two months since my surgery, I've gotten much better. My activity level is way up, from weekend walking at the zoo and botanic gardens, we have now joined a gym and work out 5 days a week. It is slow going, but every week sees progress in both strength and cardio.

I am happier, but still hate photo's, to the point of looking dour, but I can smile and joke, really. :D

Best wishes to you all.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 6/10/13 by Dr. Khalil @ Palo Alto Medical Foundation. He must have done fabulous job because no side effects, including pain or vomiting. Lost 40 pounds before surgery & 14 since then. How does one list their operation date in the heading?
  • Cagsfa
    Cagsfa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    November 19 2013 Houston TX And as of today I have 100 pounds YAY
  • ashleegil
    ashleegil Posts: 26
    Options
    I am Ashlee, 27 almost 28 married with a dog and cat :)

Surgery 4/25/2013 with Teresa LaMasters in Des Moines, Iowa. Since my liquid diet pre-op I have lost 57 total pounds and just hit my first real stall for the past 10 days. Feeling well, ready to shrink some more!