Week 3

Options
12346»

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W3D1 completed (Hal Higdon novice plan).

2.5 miles running in 28.37mins.

As it's a shorter run I included some moderate hills (I call this route the roller coaster as it undulates up and down for about 1.5mile stretch) and tried to keep my pace constant.

Felt quite good if not that fast - bring on the next one! :bigsmile:

Great job! I like the description of roller coaster - that describes most of my routes if I head west down my road. If I go east I get the bigger, steeper hills so I save those for my 2 mile runs.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm quite lucky where I live in that there's a good mix of terrain to run on. The really steep hills are in the woods by my house but the pine needles make it slippery under foot so I'll run up those but never down as I'd probably end up on my backside lol
  • yamsteroo
    Options
    W3D2 2mile run in 21.01 mins! That's my best ever time of 10.31min mile average even with a long hill on the return leg.

Very happy with that but because my schedule was a bit mixed up this week with work, I need to do my longer run tomorrow of 4miles rather than having a day inbetween but I think I should be ok.... hopefully!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    That is a great mile time! Good luck with your 4 mile run.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    W3D2 2mile run in 21.01 mins! That's my best ever time of 10.31min mile average even with a long hill on the return leg.

Very happy with that but because my schedule was a bit mixed up this week with work, I need to do my longer run tomorrow of 4miles rather than having a day inbetween but I think I should be ok.... hopefully!
    \

Really nice run and nice pace!
  • yamsteroo
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I didn't check my pace until I got home so it was a big surprise to me lol

One day I'll get to the magic 10min mile :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

That is so fast! I'm not anywhere near that. Congrats!!!
  • yamsteroo
    Options
    Not so fast today lol

W3D3 of the Hal Higdon plan - 4mile constant run averaging 11.25min mile.

I'm happy with that.

Though at about 3.5miles I could happily have walked the rest of the way home but for the fact that all you guys turn in such fantastic results day after day that I thought I'd be a bit of a wuss if I gave it up then - so thank you for spurring me onwards! :bigsmile:
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not so fast today lol

W3D3 of the Hal Higdon plan - 4mile constant run averaging 11.25min mile.

I'm happy with that.

Though at about 3.5miles I could happily have walked the rest of the way home but for the fact that all you guys turn in such fantastic results day after day that I thought I'd be a bit of a wuss if I gave it up then - so thank you for spurring me onwards! :bigsmile:

That is still a great time, I don't think I've ever been under 11:30 pace.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Completed B210k week 3 and now and am rolling onto week 4. I've been ending up running at the crack of dawn because of thunder storms. Something I'm definitely not used to. It does set me up for a pretty good day though.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I prefer to get my runs in early morning, makes my day better!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Completed B210k week 3 and now and am rolling onto week 4. I've been ending up running at the crack of dawn because of thunder storms. Something I'm definitely not used to. It does set me up for a pretty good day though.

Congrats for finishing week 3. I enjoy running at dawn for just that reason, it sets the rest of the day up well.