Week 1

Options

Replies

• shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started last week, so today I finished my first week. All you guys seem to be doing great! I plan to repeat day 3 on Friday because I can use it. It has been a difficult adjustment for me from the c25k, but I am going to keep going. This may take me more than six weeks! The important thing is to keep trying. Keep it up! I will just watch most of you from behind. :laugh:
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

(Oh, I'll also probably take longer to complete. Ladies running club probably won't go to 10k as there are a couple of girls with injuries, but I enjoy it so will keep going. So my week normally be Running Club one session B210K two sessions :-)

I think it's going to take me longer too. It's harder for me to find days where I have that full hour plus to commit to the runs. The half hours of C25K were easier to squeeze in.

Also, I was SORE after my first two runs in B210K....anyone else experience this? The first one I didn't stretch a lot and I thought it might be that but this last one I did a lot of stretches after....and I was still feeling it a day later. So I'm trying to really give my body some rest time (I did yoga today to try and loosen up before my next run tomorrow). I'm seeing some of my MFP pals doing double runs in b210K....and I am astounded by that. Hats off to you ladies! I am struggling just to do the singles.

I'm thinking it may take me a bit longer to complete too. You're right, the amount of time B210K takes to complete is tougher to fit in. I have to run after work and that sometimes leaves me running on into dark, which is part of the reason I stay in my neighborhood. Vanessa, I'm thinking that one day of 5K and two of B210K is probably going to work really well together. And Aimster, I was a tad sore after day 2 also. I had two days to recover before I hit day 3 tomorrow, so I think it will be fine. And whoever it was that said the first 10 minutes are tough...I totally agree. I don't usually feel really comfortable until somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes of running. Bees - You're doing great! I had the same problem one day with plain old water and had to run back home and then back out again. Shaynes, I doubt you'll stay behind me. Good luck to all for the rest of the week!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I had some lower back spasms last night after our Day 2 B210K run.
    I made a nest on the floor - flat on my back - for the rest of the evening and watched some tv.
    Had some trouble getting comfortable but I knew it was necessary.
    When I went to bed I didn't have any trouble getting comfortable and fell right to sleep.
    No spasms or twinges overnight and it seems good so far today also.
    YAY for rest days.

Everyone is doing great - just keep going at your own pace and don't worry about what day you are on so much.
    Remember - You are lapping everyone on the couch!
    We will get through this together whether it takes someone 5wks, 6wks, 8wks or whatever.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tonight's run felt great!!!!! I started out and then immediately turned around because I realized my phone was almost dead and that would mean no app and no music. Plugged the phone into the wall and the shuffle into my ears and decided to rely on the watch on my HRM to figure out the intervals. Only problem was it got too dark to see really quick. So after a 7 minute warm up walk I just started running and then pulled up next to a lit outdoor Christmas tree to check my watch 44 minutes later! WHAT?! I was under a 12 minute mile too! I realize that many of you are much faster than that, but for me that's a great time. Still remember thinking last Saturday that I might be taking on too much and then just 2 runs later I feel practically invincible!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I did my second run this afternoon and it was a struggle for me tonight! I did 5.5km so 500m less than the first one, but that's okay. I got through it! It was rough but I made it! :D Depending on the third run, we'll see if I do an extra day or week of week 1.

Keep on keepin' on everyone!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Got out eventually for W1 D3- I so nearly slacked off today, because I couldn't go first thing! So thanks Russell, for your status update, it made me get my *kitten* into gear!

Great day again, bit showery at first, but that passed. Managed 4.57 miles, my best distance yet. Aches and pains: I feel it in the outside of my thighs at the mormons! Quite glad I've got Saturday and Sunday off!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Tonight's run felt great!!!!! I started out and then immediately turned around because I realized my phone was almost dead and that would mean no app and no music. Plugged the phone into the wall and the shuffle into my ears and decided to rely on the watch on my HRM to figure out the intervals. Only problem was it got too dark to see really quick. So after a 7 minute warm up walk I just started running and then pulled up next to a lit outdoor Christmas tree to check my watch 44 minutes later! WHAT?! I was under a 12 minute mile too! I realize that many of you are much faster than that, but for me that's a great time. Still remember thinking last Saturday that I might be taking on too much and then just 2 runs later I feel practically invincible!

That is AMAZING TX!!
    I found that early on in C25K that I did much better if I just went and didn't keep checking my watch.
    Good for YOU!!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Got out eventually for W1 D3- I so nearly slacked off today, because I couldn't go first thing! So thanks Russell, for your status update, it made me get my *kitten* into gear!

Great day again, bit showery at first, but that passed. Managed 4.57 miles, my best distance yet. Aches and pains: I feel it in the outside of my thighs at the mormons! Quite glad I've got Saturday and Sunday off!

Good job getting those sneakers tied and out the door !!!
    I like to get it done first thing too but some days it has to wait until after school and the sun is out and the temp is more to my liking...lol.

Excellent job - wow that is close to 5 miles !! Whoohoo

Keep pushing forward - you all are doing SOOO GREAT!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    It was chilly this AM so I waited until this afternoon to go for Week 1 Day 3 run.
    It was barely 40 degrees but the sun was out so I will take it.
    Did the extended loop out to the Park and 2 laps around the lake and then headed back toward home.
    All in all I got in 6 ( yes - six !!) 10 min run intervals in.
    I walked 2mins between intervals and when I was done with all the running, walked the rest of the way home.
    All in all I felt pretty good.
    Will probably spend the rest of my evening flat on the floor relaxing my back muscles...lol

Keep pushing forward ....:happy:
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It looks like this thread is pretty much dead as everyone has moved on past week one but I just got started today so I wanted to post how it went. I downloaded the app and hopped on the treadmill. My legs, knees and hips have still been pretty sore ever since the 5k race last weekend so I wasn't sure how this would go today but I was surprised that the first 10 mins went really well. I enjoyed the 1 min walk even though it was over way too fast. The 2nd run went good too but in the 3rd run I had to stop for a few seconds for some reason and then I stopped briefly in the 4th run too. I always cool down a couple mins longer than it program gives so I did a total of 56 mins and went 4.2 miles in that time. Overall I would say W1D1 was a success!!!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a great start! :)
    It looks like this thread is pretty much dead as everyone has moved on past week one but I just got started today so I wanted to post how it went. I downloaded the app and hopped on the treadmill. My legs, knees and hips have still been pretty sore ever since the 5k race last weekend so I wasn't sure how this would go today but I was surprised that the first 10 mins went really well. I enjoyed the 1 min walk even though it was over way too fast. The 2nd run went good too but in the 3rd run I had to stop for a few seconds for some reason and then I stopped briefly in the 4th run too. I always cool down a couple mins longer than it program gives so I did a total of 56 mins and went 4.2 miles in that time. Overall I would say W1D1 was a success!!!
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    W1D2 done. It went really well. The app wasn't working properly or maybe it was my stupid phone but it wasn't doing the notifications so I had to watch my phone the whole time which kind of sucked but other than that it went well. I didn't have to stop any like I did on W1D1. I knew that was more a mental thing than physical that made me stop last time so I just kept reminding myself that I could do it and I didnt need to stop. I did take an extra 15 seconds on the last walk just to catch my breath a little more. I ran faster today at 5 mph up from 4.8 so I was proud of that too. So far B210K has been easier than I thought it would be. Maybe I will be ready for a 10K in 6 weeks :happy:
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did D1W1 today, so I'm with you, SlackerMommy! I have my first 10K run scheduled for late-May, so plenty of time for training. I had a bit of trouble with the last interval (I got a side stitch about midway through). I moved to a really slow jog, and pushed through it. Hope that doesn't happen again!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The thread's not dead - there are quite a few late-C25K'ers that will be joining shortly.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Completed Week 1 yesterday. I'd stopped running b/c of various aches and pains for three weeks and boy did I miss it! I'll start Week 2 either tomorrow or Saturday and am looking forward to the longer running periods. I run outside and am looking forward to receiving winter running gear for Christmas!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 weeks of C25K to go - I was planning to start B210K next week but I fell behind schedule the last ten days or so :blushing:

I have been keeping an eye on this thread to see how everyone is getting on and you're all doing great!

See you in a fortnight! :wink:
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    I finished week one on Friday but wasn't able to post until today. It went really well except for that I had a little bit of a lingering cold and hadn't worked out for a couple of days. Anyone that is around the same level as me feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm very late staring, and I know that some may have given up on it ever happening! I completed day 2 of week 1 today and it went really well. I did find it hard going at the beginning but did warm up and it started to feel easier.
  • schmidtka70
    Options
    Hi everyone! Completed W1D1 yesterday on the treadmill. 4.16 miles (with the warm up/cool down) at a speed of 5.0 and zero incline. I had a little pain in the inside of my heal during the first run, but it went away during the first walk and never came back (thankfully). Felt great overall. Eventually I'll make it outside again, I usually do once I get too bored with the treadmill. Anyone else on the treadmill?
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Givemewings,

It's never too late to start, great job!