Introduce yourself

Options
Hey all, my name is Jessica. I am 27, engaged and 360lbs. I want to start a family and am way to unhealthy at this point. I don't want to be model skinney, but a nice healthy weight would be a dream.

Replies

• jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I joined in the hopes that I can help others. I was 318 pounds a little over a year ago and now I am at 196, more healthy than I have been in years. It can be done!
  • tryingeveryday
    tryingeveryday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Rachel I am 360 as well I am married and want so bad to have a baby we have been married for 5 years and I am ready!! I am also too heavy to get pregnant and I am sick of it! I want to lose this weight!
  • MissMotown
    Options
    Hello my name is Chelsea! I used to be 340 but I have managed to maintain 325 and under! Still not what I want... I am currently 319 since using MFP!! Ready for a change! Nice to meet all of you!!
  • LydiaT69
    Options
    I have been on yoyo diets most of my adult life, some with temporary success. Iam currently weighing 316 pounds down fro 336.3 when i decided to try MFP so far this is great im losing weight the healthy way without starving myself to loose it. Iam very impressed by the weight loss acheivement by many of the members and want to thank them for sharing it with me.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    What a great group to stumble upon. Just what I needed! My name is Kaitlyn, I'm 21 and have been using MFP for nearly 8 weeks. I started at 315.5 have lost 23 pounds. I have always been the heaviest in my family and I decided that I am ready to change that. A few years ago I lost 60 pounds and weighed 200. A lot of things happened and I slipped up. I gained 115.5. I am hoping to weigh 200 in one year from now for a wedding that I am attending. I have set smaller milestones, and if I don't get to that goal weight, I will be ok with it. But I'm taking this day by day and if anyone wants to add me, then go for it! I love motivating people and having some motivation myself wouldn't be so bad :) Good luck to everyone!
  • Luckyfin
    Luckyfin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Lisa. I'm a 36yo wife and a mother to a soon to be 6yo son and soon to be 4yo twin girls. I'm currently hovering around 295 & am miserable. I can't run with my kids, I can't play on the floor with them & I can't play on playgrounds with them. I've started walking to pick my son up from school, so that's a mile of walking every day & I've also started a Zumba class once a week (hoping to get that bumped up to twice a week).

I'm stuck in the land of knowing I need to lose the weight but am still not making the right food choices. I must work on that or I won't get anywhere. It's going to be tough, but if I work hard on it I'm sure I can achieve it.
  • Bsbrewster
    Options
    My Name is Ben. I am about 360. I really started putting on the weight in college. I have been married 4 years and when I moved back in September 2010 I started to put on weight when I left a job where I walked 8 miles a day. Stress and life and poor eating habits. My wife and I want kids so I want to be around to see them. I don't want to gain anymore weight by binge eating. My goal is 250. 2 pounds a week for a year will get me there. I am looking for friends and support on this website.
  • sorchagriannon
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a 351 lb mother of 2 young girls (3 & 6 years). My highest weight was about 370. I am currently awaiting a call from the insurance caseworker on when I will continue the process of getting weight loss surgery. I have a meeting with a nutritionist, mental health, and with the surgeon left to go (I already went through 12 weeks of classes and tons of labs/tests).
    I was in the high 200's before the birth of my 2nd daughter in 2008, but I changed jobs when she was 4 months old from a stand all day/move all day job as a pharmacy technician, to an office job where I sit for 8 hours (then 2 more hours for commute time). So by the time I would get home, I was pretty much exhausted. Thus the weight gain. But, I decided that I needed some help that was more than just diet/exercise. Thankfully my insurance is awesome and the whole process for the weight loss surgery will cost me nothing.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I started out at 385 lbs. My current weight is 342. I'm 5'4" and a female.

My name is Stacy and I'm very happy to find a group with people in it who know what it's like to be over 300 lbs. To be honest we have concerns and issues that people with only 100 lbs or less to lose will never know or understand. It's nice to have a group like this around where people KNOW where you're coming from. lol

Please feel free to add me to your friend list. I could use more friends. :)
  • TheKetoChica
    TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Rivka and I've traveled around the sun 37 times. For the last 11 times I've been obese and over 200 pounds. I've been over 300 for the last 4 years. Before I used to manage pretty well but after my 2nd child I've been struggling.

So now is time to go around the sun with less weight.

Starting weight = 344
    Current weight = 327
    Goal weight = 150-145
  • billdo68
    billdo68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Bill. I'm 26 years old 6'1" and weigh 349 lbs. I used my fitness pal last year and lost some weight but got out of the habit of using it and put the weight i lost on and then some more. I have quit smoking since so my goal is to lose weight and just live healthier so I can enjoy life live longer and when my wife and I start a family be able to run around and play with our kids all day.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My name is Melanie. I'm 41and 5'0". I started in WW on March 8, 2011. What a revelation! Then this month I was told by my best friend about MFP. What another revelation! I hope to have all of you as friends (so please add me).

SW: 335
    CW: 315
    GW: 128

I will succeed! It may take me 4 yrs to get there, but I will!!!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am glad I found this group :smile:

Please feel free to "friend" me as a weight loss buddy.

~Ruby (aka StrongHeart)
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    Hii my name is Leigh and I am 20 years old.
    Currently I weigh 308lbs I have lost some weight I did weigh 341 lbs when I started my weight loss journey.
    I want to loose weight as I have PCOS and being overweight lowers my chance of having children...
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My name is Katie, Im 30 and somewhere in the 350 range now Im sure. I havent weighed in the past few weeks. Im back on track today and cant wait to see what the new year has in store.
    Im glad to have found this group! Feel free to add me!
  • lilbigginz
    Options
    Hello everybody, my name is Rich. I've been dieting since July 2010 have lost a lot of weight since then(305) and still have a lot to lose(200+). Have big plans this year and going at them hardcore with a bunch of small goals I have set up. This is the only group I could find that I was near anybodies weight range. So figured I would give it a shot.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! :drinker: Let's all say goodbye to the 300s FOREVER! :D

2012 is going to be amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all accomplish this year! :heart:
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Cassie, and I am 27 years old...28 in 4 days! I am a mother of 4...My oldest daughter is 10, my only son is 6, and I gave birth to twin girls 9 months ago. I am new to MFP, but NOT to weight loss. I have lost 80lbs, TWICE, and gained it back both times. Very disgusted with that, but it is what it is. I am currently at my highest weight ever, 327.4lbs. I will be calorie counting and cutting down on carbs since I am a PCOS lady. I look forward to getting to know you!
  • DestinysPath
    DestinysPath Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone so much for their stories! They are very inspirational! We can all be there for each other and hold one another accountable! Feel Free to Friend me! Im still learning exactly how to use this, so bare with me! I just sent requests, but got yelled at that I can only request 5 friendships every 10 minutes?! Lol.
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone so much for their stories! They are very inspirational! We can all be there for each other and hold one another accountable! Feel Free to Friend me! Im still learning exactly how to use this, so bare with me! I just sent requests, but got yelled at that I can only request 5 friendships every 10 minutes?! Lol.
    I'm going to add you now :)